Late Night with Jimmy Fallon-12:35AM:Lets see what this rookie got

The opening with Conan was the only thing worth watching IMO.

As they say, "truth is often told in jest" - damn man, when Conan was like "Jay's not leaving" and kinda gave the
indifferent.gif
, I actually felt bad for him...

I cut the show off after "Slow Jam the News" and "Target Demographic: Blond Mothers".

I've never been a fan of Jimmy Fallon, so I had no incentive to watch the show.

The Roots are playin' themselves too.
smh.gif

If I was Carson Daly, I'd be pissed. To be honest, I'd much rather watch him than Jimmy.

Fallon looked out of his element. He'll get there eventually, but last night's monologue was poorly executed. Rest of the show was alright.

Originally Posted by infamousod

The Roots as the house band. that's getting me to watch at least a few times.

EVERYONE REMEMBER THAT CONAN WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE FOR ABOUT 2-3 YEARS.

Jimmy Fallon has a lot working against him from his reputation as someone who laughs all the time during skits and is not that good an actor. Maybe with practice he'll be a good variety show host given time.
^^^the same reason why I may take a gander.

I don't like Fallon at all either.

Overall, it was messy but I can see potential with Fallon. I think he is closer to Leno's style than Conan's or Letterman's. Hopefully his writersare more capable than that crap they had last night
smh.gif
It's your first show,you have to make an impact and Lick It for $10 is the best you can come up with? Reminds me of something you would see on an MTV talk show
smh.gif

As of now though, I think Jimmy Kimmel's got the best show now that Conan is gone. I've never really liked Craig Ferguson.

uuuuugh I'm enjoying the show so far since I had somewhat low expectations albeit while being optimistic

but there are three specific things bothering the crap out of me:
1. he's still laughing way too much and slapping the desk and leaning over each time
2. he claps for everything including himself
3. he has some sort of obsession with shaking people's hands

CUT IT OUT!

his laugh is annoying as hell he giggles like a 4 year old

but todays show is going way better than yesterdays for sure

Carson's doing his show on the road and it looks like a generic late-night music special from MTV in the mid-90's

You can tell he has nothing to live for
laugh.gif

And to reiterate, Conan was pretty crappy too in the beginning.

First day jitters seem to be out of the way. Today's show was much better, but having Tina Fey on helps...until this chair bit.

Wow the writers are horrible!The Bloomberg Handshake and that chair skit was pointless. Fallon needs to make jokes with the Roots more, and they can play offof each other to make things funnier.

tonight was ok.

him trying to sell laughs was annoying, laughing hysterically at things that didn't crack a smile for most.

poor tina fey looked bored out of her mind lol.

i disagree though about conan being bad when he started. i watched him for the majority of his stint (except for maybe like 3-4 years from 2003-06/07). earlyon, his humor was on point, but his guests were AWFUL. his sketches weren't as good as they are now, but they weren't bad.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Carson's doing his show on the road and it looks like a generic late-night music special from MTV in the mid-90's

You can tell he has nothing to live for
laugh.gif

And to reiterate, Conan was pretty crappy too in the beginning.
exactly, dude shooting his late night show from the back of a car
roll.gif
roll.gif
hilarious

I don't know, but there is a little tension. Conan used to have the Lil Jay Leno and the real one would get a little offended
laugh.gif

I think Conan was on Jay's show a few times but it looked real forced.

liked the facebook skit

"tanya smith is..reconciling with chris brown.."
laugh.gif

--------------------------------------------

FOR SALE FORUMS, SHOES TO SELL
SIZE10
SIZE10.5

i thought only comedians hosted late shows, now lame untalented wannabe comedians who can't make one decent film.

oh and, why can't tina fey host a late show?

Back
Top Bottom