LC: Sold AJ11 Cool Grey - Buyer Claiming Fake

Hi All,  new to NT but been lurking for a while and been with SC for 7 yrs.  I recently sold a pair of AJ11 Cool Grey's. The buyer just received them today and is now claiming that they are fake. The buyer has claimed certain imperfections in the shoe, including white stitching instead of blue stitching underneath the insole, which I have read, that varies with this shoe (the buyer sent me a link from Sole Collector on how to spot fake Cool Grey 11's). Just want to get this out there for anyone else to take a look and see if there is anything compelling that would make the buyer think they are fake and to get any insight on whether or not I might be getting scammed in some way.

I purchased these from Finishline on release date back in 2010 so I can assure these are not (plus I never deal with fakes on eBay, SC, or anywhere else as backed by my 100% feedback both on eBay and SC). Pics can be found in the link below (with receipt and sent the receipt with the shoes). Unfortunately I did not take any more detailed pics of the shoe and currently the buyer has them and is wanting a refund so he is planning on sending them back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DS-Nike-Air...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Also I created this thread for the buyer to tell/show their side of the story.  So fresh2def* if you are on these forums, can you please elaborate on your findings for these shoes?

There is no way I can prove that if the buyer posts pics of the shoes, that they are the actual pair I sent him so I am giving him the benefit of that doubt there...

Thanks all

Last edited:
Looks legit from what I can see in the pics. Box looks good too. Where is the plastic XI covering?

shoes are legit. i think he was mad at the fact that he paid 350 plus shiping for coolgreys. proably found a better deal and he claimed they were fake so he could void the deal or keep the shoe and get his money back.

Last edited:
Appreciate the reply guys, you can see the plastic covering in some of the pics in the auction but I did not snap a detailed image of it. 

Here is some excerpt's from messages sent from the buyer:

"several things are off… compared them to this (this meaning the web page he sent me from sole collector on how to spot fake CG 11's) and the stitching is white in the inside, shoe trees fees over sized, and there is red writing under the liner… "

"There is also a small hole in under the inner liner... Red writing and the inner soles themselves are for an AJ12"

Can anyone speak about this?  To be honest I did not look to thoroughly at the sneakers before I sold them as I knew I had a legit pair since I bought them from FL (and kept receipt) and they went straight into my closet for 3+ yrs

Last edited:
The shoe trees should say the size underneath them.

I believe Jordans can have either black or white stitching under the insole.

Jordans do have the hole under the insoles as well.

Some also have red writing from their manufacturer in China.

And theres no way that the insole can be for the 12's because they are two different shaped shoes and it wouldn't fit correctly inside the 11's. 

my thing is this if he had that guide" to spot cool greys 11js" why didn't he use it before he made the bid or purchase? Or have you send pictures of ever little detail he had on his checklist? why after he gets the shoe he finds out there suppouseldy fake? dude sounds suspect. hope he doesn't try to swap his gm cool grey pair for youre authentic pair

my thing is this if he had that guide" to spot cool greys 11js" why didn't he use it before he made the bid or purchase? Or have you send pictures of ever little detail he had on his checklist? why after he gets the shoe he finds out there suppouseldy fake? dude sounds suspect. hope he doesn't try to swap his gm cool grey pair for youre authentic pair
the only pictures i took of the sneakers are what you see on the auction page.  the buyer never asked to see any further detailed pics, which i would have been happy to send.

Nah man I am not suspect...I just have my doubts about the kicks. You can only tell so much from pictures online it's different when you get them in your hand. I will post pictures of them when I get home...I would much rather have the kicks then the $350 but I want to get what I paid for and have the peace of mind about it...

hes trying to scam you, pics were tagged lots of photos, you did everything right the only thing is you said you bought these from finish line, but on the listing it says nike.com. which one is it?

if you look at my updated description i call out the mistake i made on where i bought them...i also sent the buyer email confirmations/receipts for both of the sizes i bought at that time, including a third pair my brother bought and i sold for him a while back...so here are confirmations/receipts for all three CG 11's I bought and sold.

http://www.djhyro.com/misc/coolgrey/coolgreyreceipt.JPG

http://www.djhyro.com/misc/coolgrey/coolgrey_email_sz10.png

http://www.djhyro.com/misc/coolgrey/coolgrey_email_roel.png

These can all be verified by going to the website's and entering the order numbers on the order status page.

Last edited:

Nah man I am not suspect...I just have my doubts about the kicks. You can only tell so much from pictures online it's different when you get them in your hand. I will post pictures of them when I get home...I would much rather have the kicks then the $350 but I want to get what I paid for and have the peace of mind about it...
this my thing, you have a ruburic or checklist that determines if the shoe is real or fake, why didnt you contact him and ask the seller to provide those pics? why wait till after you get the goods to disect the shoe

if you look at my updated description i call out the mistake i made on where i bought them...i also sent the buyer email confirmations/receipts for both of the sizes i bought at that time, including a third pair my brother bought and i sold for him a while back...so here are confirmations/receipts for all three CG 11's I bought and sold.

http://www.djhyro.com/misc/coolgrey/coolgreyreceipt.JPG

http://www.djhyro.com/misc/coolgrey/coolgrey_email_sz10.png

http://www.djhyro.com/misc/coolgrey/coolgrey_email_roel.png

These can all be verified by going to the website's and entering the order numbers on the order status page.
yea i noticed it was updated JAN 7 which was last tuesday, which means he had more than enough time to see the update after he scrolled down to see the pics.

this my thing, you have a ruburic or checklist that determines if the shoe is real or fake, why didnt you contact him and ask the seller to provide those pics? why wait till after you get the goods to disect the shoe

I pulled it up lastnight after I got the kicks...then went from there...Like I said some of the things about them look off...I could be mistaken and I hope that I am mistaken but like I said at the end of the say I want to make sure I get what I paid for...I will post pictures when I get home tonight of what I have questions about...

I pulled it up lastnight after I got the kicks...then went from there...Like I said some of the things about them look off...I could be mistaken and I hope that I am mistaken but like I said at the end of the say I want to make sure I get what I paid for...I will post pictures when I get home tonight of what I have questions about...
hey man i totally understand your concern...i just want to go on record to say i never sell fakes, although i can probably speak for everyone on here when i say we have no control over how the product turns out at the end when it arrives on our doorstep, especially these days when Nike is getting cheaper with their quality on retros

Shoes are (if they are the ones in the pics) 100% legit.If buyer still doesnt want them , he can return them , get a refund and split the shipping costs in half , or whatever deal you came through.

like what? so you mean to tell me the shoe you got in the mail doesn't match those photos? either someone is lying or they trying to double dip. One of the downsides of buying sneakers is sometimes you can inspect every detail.

hey man i totally understand your concern...i just want to go on record to say i never sell fakes, although i can probably speak for everyone on here when i say we have no control over how the product turns out at the end when it arrives on our doorstep, especially these days when Nike is getting cheaper with their quality on retros

Aight man...regardless of what others may be trying to imply I am not out to get you or anyone else for their sneakers or their money...everyone seems to be on your side that they are legit and I hope they are since I have waited for a while to find a DS pair in my size.

IMHO they are 100% legit from those images in the listing.. A little over priced i must say but indeed legit IMO.

That sole collector article was a bunch of BS written by someone who knows absolutely nothing about sneaks.. I mean right down to the part where they call insoles "sock liners"..IDIOTS.. I blasted their ***** in the comments section on that page too(same screen name)..That article was A JOKE at best and has started this kind of BS for sellers to deal with.. As if these kids have not effed up the game enough....

Buyer your shoes are 100% legit.. The color of stitching doesnt matter AT ALL..CGs were produced in more than one factory.. that was all BS in that article... All AJ11 insoles have that stamp that says AJ12 too.. Your accusations are redic and based on a nonsense article. Yes IMO you over paid but had you done some HW before you paid you would have known this and how to spot fake ones.

Last edited:
IMHO they are 100% legit from those images in the listing.. A little over priced i must say but indeed legit IMO.

That sole collector article was a bunch of BS written by someone who knows absolutely nothing about sneaks.. I mean right down to the part where they call insoles "sock liners"..IDIOTS.. I blasted their ***** in the comments section on that page too(same screen name)..That article was A JOKE at best and has started this kind of BS for sellers to deal with.. As if these kids have not effed up the game enough....

Buyer your shoes are 100% legit.. The color of stitching doesnt matter AT ALL..CGs were produced in more than one factory.. that was all BS in that article... All AJ11 insoles have that stamp that says AJ12 too.. Your accusations are redic and based on a nonsense article. Yes IMO you over paid but had you done some HW before you paid you would have known this and how to spot fake ones.

Who cares if I over paided at this point...just making sure the kicks are legit. Truth be told anything over retail is overpaying...

Who cares if I over paided at this point...just making sure the kicks are legit. Truth be told anything over retail is overpaying...
100% legit if they are the kicks in the pics..Rest assured. if you want me to double check post a pic of the sole and the 23

OPs also do not forget to rep the people who you feel helped you here. Its your way of saying thanks.. little green thumbs up button on our comments..

Last edited:
all that writing and no rep
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom