LDS Niketalk.

How many NT members are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint?
AKA Mormon

I remember seeing a couple.

nerd.gif

Don't Mormons believe that black or "colored" people are cursed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how does someone get away with practicing a religion like that today?

How are we sure there is a God?

Aliens created us and when we die they come get our soul and bring us to the next planet.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how does someone get away with practicing a religion like that today?

[h2]Are there restrictions based on race or color concerning who can join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have the priesthood?[/h2]
official.jpg

There are no race or color restrictions as to who can join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There are also no race or color restrictions as to who can have the priesthood in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

An official declaration of the Church states, “every faithful, worthy man in the Church may receive the holy priesthood, with power to exercise its divine authority, and enjoy with his loved ones every blessing that flows therefrom, including the blessings of the temple. Accordingly, all worthy male members of the Church may be ordained to the priesthood without regard for race or color.

You would probably get a better response if you actually put the thread info in the title.

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

[h2]Are there restrictions based on race or color concerning who can join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have the priesthood?[/h2]
official.jpg

There are no race or color restrictions as to who can join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There are also no race or color restrictions as to who can have the priesthood in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

An official declaration of the Church states, “every faithful, worthy man in the Church may receive the holy priesthood, with power to exercise its divine authority, and enjoy with his loved ones every blessing that flows therefrom, including the blessings of the temple. Accordingly, all worthy male members of the Church may be ordained to the priesthood without regard for race or color.

Yea I was about to say how can you leave out the fact that you all just recently accepted blacks. What are your thoughts on that and how can you logically support such a group with such an ignorant recent history? No disrespect

OP thanks to this thread title and me not paying full attention, i thought this thread was LSD Niketalk. So i tried LSD then entered this thread.....now i'm addicted, thanks.

My Ex was LDS and thats about as close as id ever be. Used to go to alot of church functions with her. After she dated me she became alot more liberal though.

Originally Posted by bbrroowwnnssuuggaarr

My Ex was LDS and thats about as close as id ever be. Used to go to alot of church functions with her. After she dated me she became alot more liberal though.

d so good it changed her beliefs
that's gangsta

Seriously innocently wondering. Can you explain this? Seems like dude was a liar.
[h3]
[h3]Sometime in 1856, Theodule Deveria, an Egyptologist at the Louvre, had the opportunity to examine the facsimiles published as part of the Book of Abraham.[sup][24][/sup] His interpretation, juxtaposed with Smith's interpretation, was published in T.B.H. Stenhouse's Book The Rocky Mountain Saints: A Full and Complete History of the Mormons in 1873.[sup][25][/sup] Additionally, later in 1912, Reverend Franklin S. Spalding sent copies of the three facsimiles to eight Egyptologists and semitists soliciting their interpretation of the facsimiles, the results of which were published in Spalding's work Joseph Smith, Jr. As a Translator. Deveria, and each of the eight scholars recognized the facsimiles as portions of ordinary funerary documents, and some harshly condemned Joseph Smith's interpretation:[/h3]
Egyptologist Dr. James H. Breasted of the University of Chicago noted:
"... these three facsimiles of Egyptian documents in the ‘Pearl of Great Price’ depict the most common objects in the Mortuary religion of Egypt. Joseph Smith’s interpretations of them as part of a unique revelation through Abraham, therefore, very clearly demonstrates that he was totally unacquainted with the significance of these documents and absolutely ignorant of the simplest facts of Egyptian writing and civilization."[sup][26][/sup]
[/h3]

Dr. W.M. Flinders Petrie of London University wrote:
"It may be safely said that there is not one single word that is true in these explanations"[sup][27][/sup]

Dr. A.H. Sayce, Oxford professor of Egyptology,
“It is difficult to deal seriously with Joseph Smith’s impudent fraud.... Smith has turned the goddess [Isis in Facsimile No. 3] into a king and Osiris into Abraham.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

i played in the mormon basketball league even though im not mormon. refs sucked

I played pickup with some Mormons in Elgin and they made up some rule where 1 person can only score 3 pts in a game because they were losing and had all the "elders" on the team and therefore everyone else had to just accept it with no argument. %%#+ was wacksauce. I had like 3 of the first 4, then couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do now; ended up leaving. They might be Jehovah Witness's in hindsight. It's 1 of the 2, my guy Justin told me if anyone asked to lie and say I "study" with him.

Back
Top Bottom