Lebron 7 review

I am a 22 year old, 5'10 165lbs jump shooter who occasionally drives. My knees are getting sore from the wear and tears of the great game of basketball so I have gone from Zoom air to Max in the past few seasons.
I copped some all blacks with my discount ( got em for $110
pimp.gif
) had to go a half size down ( 8.5 to 8 ) like any other Lebron's I have worn.

I ran on a tredmill for the first wearing which I always do to break in my ball shoes and was very impressed with the initial wear. By the way, I suggest doing this in further reviews for anyone becasue it really tells alot about the shoes especially if you just copped and can't get to a court.

Played a few Pick-up games at the local college. The courts are cleaned daily so the conditions were pristine. Here are some stats.

Fit: 9/10 - Fits like a glove but took a few wears to get used to the achilles support.
Traction: 8/10 - Never feared making sharp cuts but it just lacked something that I can't put my finger on. 
Cushioning: 10/10 - Because my knees are shot, I really wanted that firm unforgiving setup that I love in Max air products. For years this is what I have been looking for.
Lace Lockdown: 9/10 - Simple yet superb.
Style: 10/10 - A work of art.
Confidence: 8/10 - Never thought of rolling my ankle once. Even though people say they are heavy, I felt as if they weren't even there especially in the later minutes.
Overall: 54/60 - Near perfect.

Questions asked: 6/15 people asked how they performed or commented on them.

Other Comments: I truly love this shoe! I have owned every Lebron to date and this one is far different. It is a step forward not only for the Lebron line, but also for Nike basketball. The past few seasons I have worn Kobe 4's , Zoom Flight 5, and Hyperdunk's and these shoes surpass all of them in overall quality and performance. Any questions or comments ( positive or negative) are gladley appreciated. Thank you for your time.

i wouldn't mind trying out a pair either. i'm in love with my kobe 5's though, so i might have a little trouble.

i compared the 2 in store in terms of weight, it's not much, so i doubt i'll lose any quickness.

thanks for the review though!

hahah OP gassing up his own review
laugh.gif

thanks for your contribution though.

Thanks guys. I beleive in terms of durability, the Bron's may be better than the Kobe 5 in the long run. I've worn mine about 4 solid games so far and there really isn't any major creasing or visible damage. I believe the leather toe on the black colourway that I copped would last longer than the pure flywire upper of the Kobe as well. Again these are my opinions. It's not like I've been a Shoe store employee for 5 years and know what I am talking about or anything
roll.gif

If you think these shoes are heavy, you really need to hit the weight room. Im sorry.

One of the my main concerns with the VII is the durability of the air bubble. When I hold a pair in my hand and press down on the air bubble sidewalls to see if its tough, its quite flimsy compared to the air bubble of my Penny IIs and my old pair of Penny IIIs. Anyone know if damage can be done to the air bubble?

^ thats only due to the fact that theres 80% more air than a regular bag. Im pretty sure if Bron cant pop it, none of us will.

Well Lebron can get a new pair every game, I can't haha...I know what you mean though. The VIIs are not cheap so you really got to know what you're buying.

I would like to try a pair but Lebron ain't really my style. I'm more of someone who play the perimeter game and like to drive so i need a shoes that's as low as possible to the ground and is lightweight

nice review, some ppl told me they were kidna heavy to, but its not really that heavy enough to stop you from jumping high, these are by far wayyyy better than the kobe 5's

I have 3 pairs but I hadn't balled in any of them until this past Friday.  The shoe is absolutely wonderful.  Weight isn't an issue at all.  I had been alternating between Jordan 2009's, Jordan 16.5's, Zoom Soldier III's & Nike Air Flight 89's.  The Lebrons surpass them all.  The old knees weren't nearly as sore as usual. 

BTW, I'm 35, 5'10, 195lbs.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by OneSole

I have 3 pairs but I hadn't balled in any of them until this past Friday.  The shoe is absolutely wonderful.  Weight isn't an issue at all.  I had been alternating between Jordan 2009's, Jordan 16.5's, Zoom Soldier III's & Nike Air Flight 89's.  The Lebrons surpass them all.  The old knees weren't nearly as sore as usual. 

embarassed.gif
dang, you can play in those?!

Trust me, you will feel more bulky and a tad bit slower moving from Zoom Air to Air Maxes. I've played in a few Air Maxes and I gave them up quickly because they didn't have the springy feel. I mean I always played forward, but I was more of a slasher/running through screens for jumpers so I hate bulky shoes. I picked the Kobe Vs just for that reason. The shoe is just as bulky as any other Air Max. Then again, last year's Lebron line was weak as well. The shoes pretty much destroyed my feet.

Alright people there has been some extensive testing done and I still hold true to my opinions on this shoe. No depressing creases, no rolled ankles, and alot of turned heads. I don't feel these shoes as bulky, but as a wrap of armour around my feet. Even though the air is soft, I had no sense of rolling my ankle. The softness acts as an out trigger of sorts. I don't jump any higher or lower I believe the weight of the shoe has nothing to do with my ups. These shoes will go down as my favourite for years to come.

Originally Posted by rpcjr72

Originally Posted by OneSole

embarassed.gif
dang, you can play in those?!
more like these.
eyes.gif
..... they arent stiff to you?

There may be a spring basketball league starting in my area soon, so I will be able to give an up to date review after every game. So far I have just been playing pick-up games and shooting around in them. I will keep everybody posted.

Back
Top Bottom