let this thread die (NYK)

We need to resign Novak this offseason. He's a fan favorite.I'd hate to think that he's using his minutes to show off for another team....and shooters always have value...I think he's only 28 too.

Regarding coaching, DAntoni didn't get a contract extension last season. I think Dolan is waiting to see how far the team goes in the playoffs with him. Part of me thinks Lin saved his job and Tyson and Lin as high character would have his back if worse comes to worse....but the playoffs is when the gauntlet is laid down. I do think he should play the starters less minutes since Mobb Deep is doing well....Also needs to get Jorts some tick.

Especially excited to see how Baron Davis does....on any given night, we can get 20 dimes from our 1s

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

I feel like Scott Layden gets such a free pass bc of what Isiah did. Dude was worse than Isiah IMO.
Scott Layden crippled us for a long long time. A lot of our problems started when we gave Houston that huge contract (duh), but half that idea was from Dolan. Not to also forget about the terrible drafting decisions he made. Mcdycess was another "bad luck" situation for us. Had he never gotten hurt, I think we wouldn't have been in that mess as long as we were. Also, Dolan did a great job running Spreewell and Jeff Van Gundy out of town. 
Until Zeke came around, we drafted poorly. H2O was Dolan's favorite player which he still has a great relationship with him. 

Zeke made a lot of bonehead decisions too, but a lot of those were done because of the pressure he got from Dolan to make a "move". 

In the end--Dolan was the real issue and to he stil very well may be. But at least now he's not as "involved" as he once was. Bringing in Donny was great for us, because that made Dolan learn how to stay away from basketball operations (to some degree). Don't think i'm excusing Zeke or Layden though. 

I know Donny isn't with us anymore, but Grunwald has made some great moves and seems to have a much sensible mind than Zeke and Layden. Just look at all the stuff that has worked out for us. 

- We amnesty Billups and he's out for the rest of the season. 

- Took a gamble (a part of me thinks this was done because the Knicks knew Cp3 wasn't coming if he landed in the Clippers) on Chandler and now he's become our emotional leader. 

- Brought in Steve Novak out of no where. 

- Brought in Baron (win-win situation for us. Either he's still hurt and we lose nothing or he produces and we get more depth). 

- Signed JR and now we have a wing man that can create his own shot. 

- And with our current cap situation we have some flexibility come next year. I mean yeah, out of Fields, Lin, JR and Novak--Someone isn't coming back, but you gotta think we can find replacements for guys like that. I've always said that you can easily replace role players, but you can never replace your stars. 

In the end of it all--It took roughly 12 years for us to get back to playing respectable competitive basketball which could've been much shorter had we made some smart moves here or there, but thats just how the NBA works. It either works out for you or it doesn't. 

I just wish we ran our organization like the Lakers. Even though they have had their "down" years they still manage to get back into the mix after a few seasons. That's because of how management runs their team and strategically drafts and sign their players. Even when their star players retire or leaves there always seems to be a replacement right away. Jerry West, Mikan>Wilt>Baylor>Kareem, Magic>Shaq and Kobe. I'm not saying this is done through drafting (this is why I think LA will trade Pau or Bynum to find replacements or pieces to build later on), but they use resources the right way and it's something to model our management after. We have a a rich big spending owner and a glamorous city that we have as equity and we should learn how to use that to our avantage. LA does it and there is no reason why we can't do it too. 

[h1]Davis: Knicks will win the championship — this season[/h1]

Baron Davis looks across the practice gym and then up, at the championship banners that hang in the Knicks’ facility in Greenburgh. I ask him if he realizes that the franchise has not won a championship since ... and he doesn’t let me finish the sentence.

“Since 1972-73,

This goes out to the fans on this board and everywhere else and the media especially..

Stop it!: Baron davis will not start over lin. we finally have a young PG to lead this team and a potentially great veteran backup who can come in and play like a starter. a guy who was once an allstar talent, but now wants to get back and win and have fun.. this is a quote from Baron

“For a good part of my career, I wasn’t having fun and I didn’t really enjoy the game and I wanted to enjoy the game again,

Phil Jackson is the only coach I'd want to replace MDA, but...

MDA was one hipcheck away from going to the finals and possibly winning. had he lost, it would've been to LeBron (and LeBron would still be in Cleveland). You guys say MDA doesn't adjust and want Phil here. What has Phil ever adjusted? his roster? All he runs is the triangle and goes to teams suited for that. Who has he won with? Mike & Pip, Kobe & Shaq, and Kobe, Pau, & Lamar. The first couple of seasons Mike was asked to make it competitive. Don't worry about the roster, we'll get Lebron here. Well we didnt. We got Stat, played ok, then gutted the team. There has been very little practice time and no really point to run his system until now. Give the man a break.

I agree about the one hip check away from winning. I truly do.

But that just makes me appreciate Steve Nash so much more. He did all that without a coach lol.

Dantoni is a man with a philosophy. His whole system is based on spacing, extremely high basketball iq, and making the right decision.Scott laymen is not forgotten. If he was connected with our damn owner over and over again you would see more outrage. Isiah has a quote about us every 2 months. He has dinner with our owner and other employees. Son Dolan forced Walsh to thank him for getting us amare. If all that was layden instead of isiah you would see the anger

Purp could only hit the corner 3, had no escape dribble, couldn't pull up or move without the ball.
Offensively, he was more a product of D'antoni's system than Novak has been.

RIP Novak thread.
6 threads and a movie.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

You guys say MDA doesn't adjust and want Phil here. What has Phil ever adjusted? his roster? All he runs is the triangle and goes to teams suited for that.
How's that worked out for him?

indifferent.gif

Why they locked the Novak thread ?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

All I want in life is to see one of my teams win a ring. If the world must end this year, please let the Knicks win.

I take it your a Jets and Mets fan, man that must be difficult.
I'd give up anything for a Knicks championship.

Its nice to see B.diddy to have some drive and motivation but im not fan of opening your mouth like that..puts a target on our back bigger then one we already have

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Someone got offended by the greatest in the Universe comment. Smh.
roll.gif
My bad
Dudes was hatin hard in there. Im sure we all got reported. And they just figured it would be easier to just shut it down. 

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

You guys say MDA doesn't adjust and want Phil here. What has Phil ever adjusted? his roster? All he runs is the triangle and goes to teams suited for that.
while coaching some of the greatest players/teams ever? pretty good. When he didn't, loses to the suns in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

while coaching some of the greatest players/teams ever? pretty good. When he didn't, swept out of the playoffs by the suns.

eliminated by the '94 knicks and the '95 Magic too 
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 come at me Bulls fans

Baron probably could have kept that in locker room. BUT. You have to really believe you can win a chip. It's nice to see that they truly believe they can.

That's the first step.

Los, I'm with you, as much as I hate Pringles there's a part of me that feels Jackson could lose the team very easily simply because of how stubborn he is. Not arguing the man's track record, but just in terms of a fit for our team, I'd rather see a younger (in comparison to Jax), more disciplinarian who is going to make adjustments on the fly and get the guys to buy into it. I could definitely see some guys not liking certain things Jackson does (structure, calling guys out through the media..etc)

Would love to see Doc take this job but idk, don't see him walking away from Boston to come here, and if he did, I think he'd take a break of a year at least. Not to mention everyone thinks he's going to end up coaching this Miami team somewhere down the line bc of the Riles connection. If that did happen though, I'd take Spo in 2 seconds.

I still want Phil here long term.

I'm on board with MDA coaching the season out, as opposed to a few weeks ago when I wanted him gone ASAP but thats only because a coaching change right now, even its Red Auerbach himself, would do far more bad than good.

I still think hes a poor coach and was saved by a player he wasn't willing to play until there was no other choice. Fortunately for him that player is tailor made for his "system"

the fact that it took so long to play him is hilarious. he had a hard on for TD trying to make him a pg. thus destroying his confidence

lin and novak are tailor made for his syetm and they were riding the pine

anyone want my Knicks 7 1/4 fitted? Its the one melo wore with the green under brim. I wore it like 2x, it just sits there.....

Back
Top Bottom