Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

I like to use my PC to make tracks, but I also use my Mac Book when adding synths or doing some final mixing. Fruity Loops on its own is pretty good, especially with Edison to chop/edit directly through the program, and it has some decent built in synths (especially 7.0 XXL edition), shoot even the built in sounds in Sytrus sounds good.

I like using my PC a lot, if not more at times (especially when using samples) than my Mac....but once I'm done with this Gods Son/Lost Tapes mixtape, I'm gonna take a long break and just teach myself everything I need to know about Mac programs like Reason.

PS: Does anyone know a good website to d/l random wav files/sounds? I'm trying to find a wav file of an army patrol unit saying "your left....your left....your left, right, left....." for a song I'm trying to finish.
Mez 1 presents...Nas is God's Son (The Remix): Coming Soon
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
(Size 9-9.5) BMP $199, Fred 3s $140, CG 11s $250, West/OG 20s $89, Penny 4 Blk/wht $50, etcwww.Original Soles.comMyspaceSoundclickeBay Auctions

There is not fruityloops for a Mac right?? Also what are some essentials websites and books to look into because I'm a wannabe DJ who is also interested in producing? I already checked out futureproducers. Also one last thing when are you told old to be doing this music thing because I dont know for some reason I feel like I'm starting to old all the greats started at a young age feel like if I ever did want to make it to the top I'd be so many years behind everyone else.

Technics are the standard in direct drive you can find a used one and its as good as a new one. Look for 1210 or 1200s

Yo.

I have alot of questions pertaining to producing.beat making. etc.

If someone would be so kind to get at me on AIM *pause* I would appreciate it. muscles1impala = AIM

I have questions about how to hook up your keyboard, what to use, what to buy etc.
TEAM NO FUGAZI
"We keep legit check in check"​

I've been an avid hip hop listener for awhile now, but aside from what I've learned over the past few months, I've had no knowledge or experience in producing. But recently I've really been trying to get into producing, and since I don't know much about the subject I wanted a few questions answered before I invested my money into something. First of all, what is the difference between a synthesizer/sampler/MIDI controller/keyboard? And for a complete rookie like me what would be the best instrument/machine for me to produce with? I've had my eye on an MPC500, and was wondering if I would be able to make quality beats, considering my lack of experience? Cause I'm afraid that I'm going to invest my money into something and it end up being wasted because I'm in over my head. Also, after I gain more experience (and $) what would be some good upgrades in the future to enhance my producing capabilities and quality. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
NotreDameFightingIrish
>11 National Championships, 8 Heisman Winners, 178 All-Americans<

^ Well since your thinking about buying an mpc500($600) just how much do you want to spend on all your tools to begin with? you are a noob at it so i wouldnt dive right in to an mpc. start of with some software and get reason 3 or 4.

synthesizer
a keyboard with built in sounds. would be along the lines of a micro korg or a

sampler
a sampler would be just a plain old mpc500/1000/ etc.

MIDI controller
if your using software then almost any piece of hardware like a keyboard/mpc/drum machine can be used to control the sound the the software outputs.

keyboard
you can even just buy a keyboard and you wont need anything else but a computer to export your beats to. again the yahmaha/triton/fantom is something you would use.

in your case i would grab reason and any 61 key keyboard for your midi. and that would be all you would need to start.
Looking to Upgrade Your Computer or Build Your Own?
Brand New Core 2 Duo Motherboard w/Retail Copy of Vista Ultimate $200 shipped(Over $700 Value) Super Steal!

"Ayo son im on a bench high eatin chicken wings and french fries" --Cormega

Can someone explain to me how utilize samples in reason. I use cool edit pro to cut the samples. I want to be able to speed up samples change pitches and other stuff. But im totally lost. Thanks.
TEAMYANKE​

If your lookin at a Triton or a Fantom be prepared to spend some serious bread...but if you find one for cheap let me know where you got it :wink:
wink.gif
RAIDER NATION​

Usually pawn shops have good deals on keyboards some good others crappy...i got my fantom from the pawn shop and still use it to this day, but mainly for piano practice...

I'd say start with a midi controller and reason like TIME says , and if you wanna get serious then buy mpc's or tritons and @#%$, DONT do what i did, i started off trying to go for tritons and mpc and didnt have a clue..but i stayed with it and got to the point where i knew what to do, but it was alot of sleepless nights
myspace.com/hwflossss

im trying to look for fruity loops, does anyone have it and can send me the file??? i already have the demo and trial version but i was the real version, thanx in advance.
TEAM FREE KINGCRUX

TeamWolfShirts
"I like this wolf shirt because wolves and shirts are shapes"

Originally Posted by PcByRdGaNg51BiX

im trying to look for fruity loops, does anyone have it and can send me the file??? i already have the demo and trial version but i was the real version, thanx in advance.
loking for the same thing, can anyone help me out. Thanks

Is there a PC emulator/stand-alone (VSTi ) of a phantom or motiff or triton?

Not just the samples, as in a real running program ...

There was a KORG legacy which really sucked...so maybe they upgraded their PC-based synths ..

anybody ?

Is garageband worth it?? I have it on my mac but I really dont know what I'm doing. I'm really scared to get a midi keyboard or Mpc because I feel thatit will get to difficult where is an easy place to see how this is done or if I'm going like it

a midi controller makes things easier and garage band would prolly suck for makin rap beats...

and no there's no standalone VSTs for either of those boards... the closest thing would b the reason refills
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom