Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Well im returning my MPD24 tomorrow and picking up the MPK hopefully they don't give me no trouble.
Never mind can't do the return. Are their any sites where i will be able to sell my MPD and M-Audio 49 keyrig. Cause i don't want to deal with ebay.

YO NEED SOME INFO Guys, if u could hook me up with some basic info, it would be greatly appreciated. i want to invest some money into some production equipmentand dont know what to get. Would u guys recomend a MPC(and which one) to get started or is it better to get production software with a pad or keyboardconnection? whats the main difference between getting a MPC 1000, and 2000,2500. Im planning to get a macbook pro toconnect to cdj=1000mk3s, so let me knowwhat software would be good I want to get started asap so let me know

NikeStatus, what is your budget? How do you want to sound?

But I def wouldn't invest in an MPC w/o getting familiar with the software and controllers first. If you want a workstation sampler instead of controller,theres other options out there for beginners, and that's not to take away how advanced those equipment pieces are tho.

Everybody looks at MPC's cuz thats the "trend".

Originally Posted by buggz05

NikeStatus, what is your budget? How do you want to sound?

But I def wouldn't invest in an MPC w/o getting familiar with the software and controllers first. If you want a workstation sampler instead of controller, theres other options out there for beginners, and that's not to take away how advanced those equipment pieces are tho.

Everybody looks at MPC's cuz thats the "trend".

lets just say i was willling to buy an mpc, money isnt as much the issue as what would be a good begining package to teach me the basics. Whats the goodsoftware? do they come preloded with sounds and what would be a good to link with it? a simple keyboard? i always try to ask people i know but they never giveme a clear cut direction

Its more for my own personal entertainment but def want something that is good quality and can last

buggz is right i wouldnt start off with and mpc even if you have them money to spend. if you are buying an mpc you need to be ready to make some heat with it.unless you want it for a toy for something to messes around with. i.e. me buying a kawasaki ninja and not know how to ride it. its def good quality but its notgoing to put out quality buy itself. you know what im sayin(i cant buy a kawasaki ninja and be able to pop willies at will. i need to be trained or have taughtmyself.) so with that said its all what you plan to do with the equipment. i would start out with software and a midi controller 1st to get use to theterminology and all that jazz. then get good with the software then u can get your mpc and use it with your software.

get Reason, a midi controller, and some refills... ur good... thats more than enough start with seeing thats still all i use after 2 years(DAMN TIMEFLIES...feels like i just started using reason...)

u might wanna check out a program called recycle if u sample alot or plan to... it works hand n hand wit reason...

^^thanx for the advice bro, simply said i just want to make beats.

wpould the akai mp49 be a good start are u still able to sample and add sounds to the library with reason ?

can i link up my tirntables easily to reason

akai 49 is cool...and yes of course u can sample and add sounds to the library... i have about 30 gigs of refills(reason sounds) including the fantom, motif,and triton... not to mention every drum machine ever made...

and u dont sample difrectly into reason... ud need a wave editor... something like cool edit pro... then ud load the cut wave file into reason...

same thing wit turntables... i believe...reason only reads midi...

i have about 30 gigs of refills(reason sounds) including the fantom, motif, and triton... not to mention every drum machine ever made...

^^ what midi do u use?How do obtain all these sounds? hook-ups or can u buy them? Do u have to buy reason or can u obtain it from someone thatalready has it? And is reason 4.0 the standard?

how much does a wave editor hit for? anybody got any suggestion for any software for simple recording for mixtapes? Buddy of mine has been usin acid for yearsto make his mixtapes.

i use a keyrig 49 by m audio...all midi controllers are the same...they just control whatever sounds u have... there's no sounds in them... acid and cooledit are pretty much the same... multitrack sequencers wit wave editors... i just prefer cool edit... thats what most of us use so itll b easier to help... areu decent wit computers? for a small fee ill mail u full copies of reason 4, cool edit, all my refills(bout 6 DVDs worth), and anything else u mayneed/want...
smile.gif

get @ me on aim or somethin... cornrobcun = aim

^^ man i appreciate it so much, Ill def gett at you, plannin to copp a new computer in the next month so ill def let u know,. So many people just told me tobuy an mpc and just start playin with it. Im def gonna go the route u guys informed me on

ImmaGetMine, ur the man bro

its no problem man... dudes b blowin thousands on #$#$ and dont know what the hell they doin... and since software is becoming the norm(dr. dre uses vsts) whatbetter way to start?

besides... if all u had was an mpc what the hell u gonna make melodies wit?

Certain sounds sound better with certain things. Dre uses Vst's with orchestra sounds because, vst's orchestral sounds are very good. I guarantee youhe doesn't use them for drums, because compared to other things they are not. Like I said it really depends on what sound your going for. I recently justbought a synthesizer and an electric guitar completely blind. Now I may not know how to play guitar or program a synth, but I have a musicians background andrecording/producing knowledge, so that helps. But that oldschool fat sound you just can't get from computers. Digital modelings for guitar amps aren'tquite that good yet, and probably will never reach that certain sound. So if you had any knowledge or background I might have suggested the mpc to you.

Also a big factor would be if you have a computer or not???

Like I said tho there are cheaper samplers and programmers out there for beginners.

yea i meant for instruments as far as vsts go... drums are weak but i dont use vsts anyway...

im just sayin whats the point of coppin an mpc if u have no keyboard to lay melodies?

Iight..I gotta question..Its not really about producing.

But its a audio related.

I just started messin with pro tools, and im trying to edit a song, i want to have two regions overlap, but i cant, cuz when i put a region on top of the otherit delete a part of the other, How can i have it so they overlap and both of the regions can be heard at the same time.

I can do it on Audition really easy, but i cant figure out how to do it on pro tools. Anybody know?

you gotta throw the other region on another track. if you really need both regions on one track you can bounce the two regions into one region, but the way youtried wont work in pro tools

I need to get reason still haven't gotten around to it. I'm aboutt obuy a midi controller soon though. Where's a good spot to cop reason for macleopard??

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

I need to get reason still haven't gotten around to it. I'm aboutt obuy a midi controller soon though. Where's a good spot to cop reason for mac leopard??

me...authorized retailer of prop

I need to get reason still haven't gotten around to it. I'm aboutt obuy a midi controller soon though. Where's a good spot to cop reason for mac leopard??

Originally Posted by ballin4life02

Iight..I gotta question..Its not really about producing.

But its a audio related.

I just started messin with pro tools, and im trying to edit a song, i want to have two regions overlap, but i cant, cuz when i put a region on top of the other it delete a part of the other, How can i have it so they overlap and both of the regions can be heard at the same time.

I can do it on Audition really easy, but i cant figure out how to do it on pro tools. Anybody know?

Research how to layer, because I forgot how to do it. But ultimately Apple+Shift+N and multitrack it

Back
Top Bottom