lil baby - harder than hard vol. next up outta QC

Baby and Thug bared their souls on “Right now”

“I've been havin' nightmares about goin' back to jail, so I wake up
Drankin' all this lean, poppin' Adderall so I can stay up
****** that I used to love actin' like they're mad 'cause I got my cake up
Ain't gon' never let it get to a *****, keep on grindin', gotta get another million
Condo on Peachtree, I paid the rent for the closet
They just wanna talk about my past, they don't wanna accept the fact that I'm a boss
Everything I wanted, I'ma go and get it, I ain't trippin' 'bout a cost, yeah
Everybody want a piece of the winnings, they're never there when you're lost
Seen my main man try to cross me, I'm tryna pass it down to my offspring”

Thug:

“Serena and Venus, yeah most of my chains tennis
So I wore it all to the studio (studio)
My baby mama got pregnant, had to buy a bish a car to get an abortion
She just wanna see tears and sad faces on my shorty
But I can't get mad, that's the way it go when you're fortunate”

7AB156F8-7A78-4928-A7A6-3A25E5E2B518.gif

i will never understand how Atlanta keeps selling us the same artist and it's hard every time lol
I understand what you mean, but if you reeeeeealy listen to baby, he different. It's almost like this young kid who grew up around nothing but OG's and was forced into a mature way of thinking from a young age. At leas that's what get from listening to him.

I understand what you mean, but if you reeeeeealy listen to baby, he different. It's almost like this young kid who grew up around nothing but OG's and was forced into a mature way of thinking from a young age. At leas that's what get from listening to him.

I would say what's special about lil baby is that he makes damn near every song feel introspective and motivating. Even when he just flossing. That touches people in a way. Maybe its the melody.

I was trying to explain that to someone in this thread. Future is barely coherent on his tracks and it's borderline rambling. Baby be telling hood stories.

I was trying to explain that to someone in this thread. Future is barely coherent on his tracks and it's borderline rambling. Baby be telling hood stories.

The issue wasn't that you were wrong, it's that you were too lazy or didn't have the ability to explain your point of view.

It aint big deal, but don't claim that you tried to explain anything. That's fake and corny.

I'm saying don't claim you tried to explain your reasoning when you didn't. :lol:

And you still out of touch. If Future's more introspective tracks are incoherent to you, then you just can't hear the message, that doesn't mean he's rambling.

There's easily recognizable lyricism and meaning within tracks like Inside the Mattress, Perky's Calling, Hardly, etc.

He got the same introspective balance that Future do. He knows if. Future one of the ***** favorite rappers.

Balance is key. And that’s why I **** with cats like Baby. He “gets it”. Maturity beyond his years. Stream of conscious thoughts that reflect everyday thought procces.

What caught me on my first listen of too hard was the opening line and how open he was about something sensitive "toast to em all, she say she love me but I know the truth she be effing dog", in a world of rappers claiming to not care about women and smashing every other dudes woman, son opens up with a vulnerable line? I immediately knew he wasn't like the others.

Back
Top Bottom