Living on your own

Next month I'm going to start looking for an apartment in Brooklyn. Hopefully I can get something good for around $1100.

Another variable to consider is what type of job everyone has. Is it a job that after all the bills are paid for they still have a coo amount left for things like food, appliances, kickin it, etc? Then is it a job or career one is satisfied and content with or are the hustlin, wanting to quit everytime they clock in?

cant tell if youre trying to be funny...but i have paid a sewage fee/bill (not in hi tho) because they come and pick up your trash from the bins you roll out.

other than that i dont know if they are common or not. This is my first place.
nah legitmatrly curious. I don't pay one of those

Yeah the cost living is supposed to be cheap here but seeing these post is making me realize it isn't unless you own a home.

A coworker was telling me buying a house in the Dallas area is the best value in the entire world right now. Dude was dead serious

I'm trying to live solo dolo, but not that many options in LA that can fit my budget. I can barely get a 600 sq. ft. studio for $1,1000. I know people in NY feel the struggle too.

Its all motivation to change my job though.

Last edited:
Vegas House Mortgage is $3,159 a month, utilities fluctuate depending on if it's summer and how much I'm there for the monthLA House Mortgage is $7,609 a month, utilities fluctuate depending how much i'm there that month

Vegas House Mortgage is $3,159 a month, utilities fluctuate depending on if it's summer and how much I'm there for the month LA House Mortgage is $7,609 a month, utilities fluctuate depending how much i'm there that month
Why you low key stuntin on us. lol

Why you low key stuntin on us. lol
Lol nah i mean u can take it however u want but both just offering a diff perspective. Both my houses are 4 bedrooms and close in sq footage too so that tells u how expensive LA is. Ain't even got into property taxes and maid/pool cleaning services yet. But, its a lot of pressure too, compared to back in the days when I was renting

Vegas House Mortgage is $3,159 a month, utilities fluctuate depending on if it's summer and how much I'm there for the month LA House Mortgage is $7,609 a month, utilities fluctuate depending how much i'm there that month

What do you do for a living?

Dude I was just looking at Craigslist last night out of curiosity and people in NYC looking for roommates asking between $1000 to $1500 is insane. These places were in Harlem, Bronx and Queens lol they're crazy.

1 bedroom 1 bath
$800 rent
$100 cable/Internet
$100 cell phone
$50 utilities
$250 food

I live in a suburb of Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom