Living without a cell phone...vol. smart or dumb

i went without one for 6 months. it was hard but i found ways around it. there's always public phones around.
i pretty sure you can use your work phone, house phone or even friend's phone.
the only thing that was hard was not being able to BBM. and its not a good look when you're trying to holla at a girl.

i went without one for 6 months. it was hard but i found ways around it. there's always public phones around.
i pretty sure you can use your work phone, house phone or even friend's phone.
the only thing that was hard was not being able to BBM. and its not a good look when you're trying to holla at a girl.

my modem just died on me, so tethering on my nexus one is a blessing right now...imagine me with no phone or internet..i'd be siiiiick.

my modem just died on me, so tethering on my nexus one is a blessing right now...imagine me with no phone or internet..i'd be siiiiick.

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

how old are you? what are your responsibilities?

Just turned 23 (Aug 21st).  I am kind of new at my job.  I'm a Resource Analyst for NASA.  So i don't really have too much responsibility to the point that i need to be contacted while I am at home for an emergency.  I do check my email when i am home just in case. 

But to DCAA i would like to save the 100 dollars a month on my cell phone bill.  The only real problem i have is that my laptop at home isn't that great.  So i do a lot of web surfing on my iphone.  But i don't really need service to do that since my house has wireless. 

I still am not sure if id actually be able to pull it off just for the sake of keeping friends.  There are friends that are away at school that only text me to stay in touch.  But i think everything in my life would adapt.  I would have to go home and call my college friends to talk to them which would build our friendship even better then before.   And i would actually find who my real friends are by the ones that answer their phone when i call.

Spoiler [+]
I can't stand when some one texts me and im driving and i will just call them, because texting and driving on the iphone got me driving like Eddie Griffin (Seton Hall), and then they don't answer.  Hit me with the text right back "o sorry man im kind of busy". No your $#%&ing not

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

how old are you? what are your responsibilities?

Just turned 23 (Aug 21st).  I am kind of new at my job.  I'm a Resource Analyst for NASA.  So i don't really have too much responsibility to the point that i need to be contacted while I am at home for an emergency.  I do check my email when i am home just in case. 

But to DCAA i would like to save the 100 dollars a month on my cell phone bill.  The only real problem i have is that my laptop at home isn't that great.  So i do a lot of web surfing on my iphone.  But i don't really need service to do that since my house has wireless. 

I still am not sure if id actually be able to pull it off just for the sake of keeping friends.  There are friends that are away at school that only text me to stay in touch.  But i think everything in my life would adapt.  I would have to go home and call my college friends to talk to them which would build our friendship even better then before.   And i would actually find who my real friends are by the ones that answer their phone when i call.

Spoiler [+]
I can't stand when some one texts me and im driving and i will just call them, because texting and driving on the iphone got me driving like Eddie Griffin (Seton Hall), and then they don't answer.  Hit me with the text right back "o sorry man im kind of busy". No your $#%&ing not

OP, I say do it! I did it for about a week a lil over and for some of the same reasons you stated. I felt that my phone was a huge distraction from my main focus. I was ALWAYS on my phone, texting, email, ect. I needed that break. Living without a cell phone isn't the end of the world. Do you have a landline phone?

Those who are close to you (family and true friends) would know how to reach you.

Go for it! I think I may do it myself. Maybe not a full year, but for a month or two.

OP, I say do it! I did it for about a week a lil over and for some of the same reasons you stated. I felt that my phone was a huge distraction from my main focus. I was ALWAYS on my phone, texting, email, ect. I needed that break. Living without a cell phone isn't the end of the world. Do you have a landline phone?

Those who are close to you (family and true friends) would know how to reach you.

Go for it! I think I may do it myself. Maybe not a full year, but for a month or two.

Back
Top Bottom