|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand the Randle or Lou slander
People basically don't like Lou because he was good last year and we wanted to keep our pic & him taking minutes from DLo which he also didn't have any control over lol
I actually think Lou will be a great 6 man under Luke's system

When Bogut was traded to the Warriors, he had a fractured ankle, and a surgery on it that was far more serious than expected. He missed an entire year of basketball from January to January.

His contract in 2012-13 would have been the equivalent of $21mil this season, and 2013-14 was the equivalent of $23mil

They gave Bogut a 3 year extension.. After missing 15 games in 2013-14... By the way the last year of the new 3 year / $36mil is equivalent in terms of cap hit % to Mozgov's last season of his 4 year deal. The first years are pretty similar cap % wise as well

Do you possibly know how old Andrew Bogut was when he signed that 3 year extension? 29 years old.

Bogut proceeds to miss 15 games that year. In 2014-15 he misses 12 games to a knee injury, and the year after suffers a knee injury that may have cost the team the finals.

Bogut still becomes a big part of the Warriors teams.

Last edited:
We don't "neeeeeed" to tank, but with GSW a sure thing, sure would be nice if LA could luck or *cough* Silver *cough* our way to another Top 3 pick as added talent insurance.

Like the 6th-7th worst record and then the come up Clevelander. Sure would be nice.........

Again, not tanking, just "luck". :wink:

We don't "neeeeeed" to tank, but with GSW a sure thing, sure would be nice if LA could luck or *cough* Silver *cough* our way to another Top 3 pick as added talent insurance.

Like the 6th-7th worst record and then the come up Clevelander. Sure would be nice.........

Could imagine that the league will continue to pipe talent our way to make up for blocking CP3 to us until we're back on our feet.

That would be nice.

Make or break season in your 2nd year in the league. Where is that Seinfeld gif where you need it.....
I'm sure if dude was the Warriors GM he would've traded Curry after his make or break 2nd year.

Some of these hot takes are even too hot for the oven :lol:

Last edited:
95f0686601d846ce99bdefeafee96187

Make or break season in your 2nd year in the league. Where is that Seinfeld gif where you need it.....
I'm sure if dude was the Warriors GM he would've traded Curry after his make or break 2nd year.

Some of these hot takes are even too hot for the oven :lol:

[emoji]11014[/emoji] [emoji]128176[/emoji]

So what do you guys think about the coaching bench Luke has put together so far?? I'm not too familiar with any besides Shaw.

So what do you guys think about the coaching bench Luke has put together so far?? I'm not too familiar with any besides Shaw.

Jud Buechler was Steve Kerr's teammate when they both played for the Bulls (96-98). He doesn't have any NBA coaching experience which leads me to believe Walton hired him because Kerr put in a good word and he too went to University of Arizona.

Last edited:
Jud Buechler was Steve Kerr's teammate when they both played for the Bulls (96-98). He doesn't have any NBA coaching experience which leads me to believe Walton hired him because Kerr put in a good word and he too went to University of Arizona.
Oh ok cool. What about the other dude?? Theo i think???
I have never really cared who was on the coaching staff in the past besides the Head & Lead assistant, but being terrible for this long has me studying every bit of the Lakers staff :smh: lol

Phoenix
Sacramento
Philly
Brooklyn
Lakers

Seem like the obvious bottom 5 teams. If Lakers finish with the 5th worst record, they get a 29.1% chance to get a top 3 selection & keep their pick. Better than nothing.

There's a chance we might be better than Orlando
Meeks could very well be their starting SG
I think ibaka gonna get dealt again during the season

Last edited:

Again, not tanking, just "luck".
wink.gif
I honestly think the days of dog-eared envelopes and frozen ping pong balls are over.

I think Silver is honestly just trying to roll the ball out on the court and let dudes play, no funny business.

ohwell.gif

There's really no use in pinning our hopes on more top draft picks going forward. :lol:

We got back to back top two picks and a top ten pick before those two. How many teams pick that high up consistently and end up being good soon thereafter?

It's better for us that we look to move forward with what we've got and give them every tool they need to succeed.

For sure. But it's still there & there aren't many teams the Lakers are better than. I'm not banking on getting it, but it's in the back of my mind.

There's really no use in pinning our hopes on more top draft picks going forward.
laugh.gif

We got back to back top two picks and a top ten pick before those two. How many teams pick that high up consistently and end up being good soon thereafter?

It's better for us that we look to move forward with what we've got and give them every tool they need to succeed.
Golden State

OKC

I mean that is who we're trying to emulate right? 

And we haven't exactly made moves that are going to get us a jump in wins. So midas whale try and get one more star in a loaded draft next season. Literally is us, the Sixers, and Nets as the worst 3 teams in the league, it's right there. 

Last edited:
Let's be clear, we're not trying to be a bottom 3 team this year. The lakers are trying to win games and improve. However, that doesn't mean they're magically gunna win 20 more games. We're looking at finishing anywhere from 5-10 so we'll be lucky if we pull the pick but it's worth noting.

The pick next year is especially valuable, because if the lakers somehow keep it, the 2019 first rounder due to Orlando becomes two 2nd rounders.

Like I said going into last season whether we're trying to be a bottom 3 team or not, it's going to happen, they're young plus brought in no real difference makers. Yes you get rid of Byron and old Kobe, but you still have a super young team and young doesn't win in this league. I even think the Sixers will take a bigger step this season. 

To put things into a different perspective. The 2013-2014 Lakers, who were led by Jodie Meeks and Wesley Johnson in total minutes, managed to win 27 games. That put us at the 6th worst record that season and we got the 7th pick. 

That's what competent coaching got us (please no arguing about D'antoni, but you get the point). 

Last edited:
There's really no use in pinning our hopes on more top draft picks going forward. :lol:

Golden State
OKC

I mean that is who we're trying to emulate right? 

And we haven't exactly made moves that are going to get us a jump in wins. So midas whale try and get one more star in a loaded draft next season. Literally is us, the Sixers, and Nets as the worst 3 teams in the league, it's right there. 

Here's a list of the Warriors most recent draft picks:

2016 NBA 1 30 Damian Jones Vanderbilt University
2015 NBA 1 30 Kevon Looney University of California, Los Angeles
2012 NBA 1 7 Harrison Barnes University of North Carolina
2012 NBA 1 30 Festus Ezeli Vanderbilt University
2012 NBA 2 35 Draymond Green Michigan State University
2012 NBA 2 52 Ognjen Kuzmić Clinicas Rincón (Spain)
2011 NBA 1 11 Klay Thompson Washington State University

How many of those players were a top five pick? (I've highlighted the players that were)

My point is that being at the very top of the draft consistently is not the surest path back to being a great team.

For the hell of it, I'll include OKC with this as well. You'll note that the best players they got were in the top five, but many were picked outside of it that were serious contributors and cannot be ignored.

Draft year League Round Pick Player College/High School/Club
2015 NBA 2 48 Dakari Johnson Kentucky
2014 NBA 1 21 Mitch McGary Michigan
2014 NBA 1 29 Josh Huestis Stanford
2013 NBA 1 12 Steven Adams Pittsburgh
2013 NBA 1 29 Archie Goodwin Kentucky
2013 NBA 2 32 Álex Abrines FC Barcelona (Spain)
2012 NBA 1 28 Perry Jones Baylor
2011 NBA 1 24 Reggie Jackson Boston College
2010 NBA 1 18 Eric Bledsoe Kentucky
2010 NBA 1 21 Craig Brackins Iowa State
2010 NBA 1 26 Quincy Pondexter Washington
2010 NBA 2 51 jamesmark manulat [[Louisiana Tech Bulldogs basketball{FBNHS]]
2009 NBA 1 3 James Harden Arizona State
2009 NBA 1 25 Rodrigue Beaubois Cholet (France)
2008 NBA 1 4 Russell Westbrook UCLA
2008 NBA 1 24 Serge Ibaka L'Hospitalet (Spain)
2008 NBA 2 32 Walter Sharpe UAB
2008 NBA 2 46 Trent Plaisted BYU
2008 NBA 2 50 DeVon Hardin California
2008 NBA 2 56 Sasha Kaun Kansas
2007 NBA 1 2 Kevin Durant Texas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom