Looking back at MLB Predictions Vol. at the midway now

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Trust me I have common sense if I'm not picking CC, Wang over 2 young lefties with NASTY stuff.
You will see what's up when Price breaks out this year
pimp.gif

Yet again, ANOTHER Yankee fan fails to see that some players are just better than their own
laugh.gif
Read what I just finished posting. Never did I say that these guys were bums.

Price is good. But you really need to let go of the pole for a second. It's ok, you'll live.

How is a pitcher that pitched for 1/2 year + a good pitcher better than Wang and CC? So unprovens now are better than 2 Aces?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I mean, Wang and CC are better than Beckett and Dice-K (or Beckett and Lester).
Why?
Like I stated before, both Wang and CC can win 20 games in one season.
What's your point? Beckett and Matsuzaka (and Lester) are capable of it, too. Neither Wang or C.C. have ever won 20 games in a season in the first place.
laugh.gif

1) Why? Well, they're both not as injury prone as Beckett and Dice-K. Wang is a better Pitcher than Dice-K (numbers and all) and CC is either better orequal to Beckett.

2) Never did I say that CC and Wang have won 20 games. Or did I? I don't think so. Wang has led the league in wins, consistently wins games. The only oneof the 3 from the Red Sox that could win 20 games is Beckett.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I'm done with you.

grin.gif

For no apparent reason? That's cool. Just post your predictions and carry on.
It's bc u post homerism dude.

If you really think CC and Wang are better than any of the previously mentioned Pitchers, ur on that good.
laugh.gif

Talk about letting go of the pole, how about you follow your own advice. CC hasn't thrown pitch and your on his like no tom.
grin.gif

They won't

Lester >> Price >>> every Yankee starter

That's it. It. I'm done with you.

Lester and Price are better than CC and/or Wang?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Was there a need to put those .Gifs in there?

I don't think my comment is so far fetched. I rather have Lester and Price than CC and Wang ,sorry.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

You're a joke if you think Lester is better then CC and/or Wang.....

PERIOD.

Same goes for you & your joke of a team Kiddin

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

They won't

Lester >> Price >>> every Yankee starter

That's it. It. I'm done with you.

Lester and Price are better than CC and/or Wang?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Was there a need to put those .Gifs in there?

I don't think my comment is so far fetched. I rather have Lester and Price than CC and Wang ,sorry.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

You're a joke if you think Lester is better then CC and/or Wang.....

PERIOD.

Same goes for you & your joke of a team Kiddin
Hey look another homer!
laugh.gif

Your team will be the laughing stock of baseball along with A-Fraud when they don't make the playoffs
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Toronto's pitching isn't what it used to be? The hell are yall talkin about?
laugh.gif
They had the lowest team ERA in baseball by almost a quarter of a run last year... It wasn't even close...
laugh.gif
The only guy they lost was AJ Burnett... It's gonna slip some, but it's still gonna be damn good and they've got some good arms in their farm system... Toronto won't compete in the East, but it ain't gonna be for lack of pitching...

Anyways...

AL East - Tampa Bay
AL Central - Minnesota
AL West - Oakland*
AL Wild Card - New York

* Wouldn't be surprised if any of the four teams won... Worst division in baseball...

NL East - Philadelphia
NL Central - Chicago
NL West - Arizona
NL Wild Card - New York
We also lost Dustin Mcgowan to labrum surgery and he won't be back till may. With labrums you just never know how much velocity he is going tohave back.
But we do have Bret Ceceil, David Percy, the Ramero Brothers all ready to roll out of spring training.

Brett Cecil is like a David Price with a 92 mph instead of 98 fast ball but the slider is still just as disgusting.
pimp.gif

Jesse Litch has added a 94 mph four seamer making him more than just a junk thrower. Bill James projected his ERA to be 4.06 and Marcels projected him to HAVE 3.86 ERA.

Also League should be the closer dude is ridiculous throws a 100 MPH 4 seamer and 98 mph 2 seamer.
sick.gif

What if by some act of god

Vernon Wells is 100 million dollar Vernon again...
Overbay hits .300 again with 20 bombs...
Rios goes realizes his potential and hits 30/30...
Scott Rollen plays well, hits like 20 bombs combined with gold glove...
Travis Snider becomes god and beasts like crazy like Braun...
Aaron Hill plays like Aaron hill.

I mean at that point we may have one of the best pitching staffs in the AL, the best fielding in the AL, and goodhitting, I mean couldn't we be competitive.
In 2004 this same group was one of the best offense in the league, then we suddenly became the worst due to injuries and bad luck.

Or am I just deluding my self?
frown.gif

Your team will be the laughing stock of baseball along with A-Fraud when they don't make the playoffs
roll.gif
Are you sure you want to be making comments like that with "Mets" in your sig?

I'm sorry, but..

CC, Wang > Beckett, Lester

Although..

Red Sox > Yankees

Originally Posted by JPZx

AL
East- New York
Central- Minnesota
West- Los Angeles/Anaheim
WC- Boston

NL
East- Atlanta
Central- St. Louis
West- Los Angeles
WC- New York
pimp.gif

AL
East- New York
Central- Minnesota
WC- Boston

NL
East- Philadelphia
Central- St. Louis
West- Diamondbacks
WC- New York

Originally Posted by DEpast

AL
East- New York
Central- Minnesota
WC- Boston

NL
East- Philadelphia
Central- St. Louis
West- Diamondbacks
WC- New York

^^^ I agree. I predict the Cubs will finish 3rd in the Central also! CARDINALS FTW!!!!

If you really think CC and Wang are better than any of the previously mentioned Pitchers, ur on that good.
laugh.gif

Talk about letting go of the pole, how about you follow your own advice. CC hasn't thrown pitch and your on his like no tom.
grin.gif
1) I don't post homerism. Homerism would be if I said that my guys are the best, and no one is even close. Or if I said that Wang would winCy, A-Rod MVP, Girardi COY, etc.

2) Here we go again. I could understand if you think that Beckett + Lester (or Dice-K) is better than or equal to Wang + CC. But You said Price + Lester arebetter than Wang + CC. You have to be an idiot to believe that.

3) I'm not on CC's pole. I simply stated the obvious. CC is a proven pitcher. Wang is a proven pitcher. Them 2 combined are better than a good pitcher(Lester) and an unproven pitcher (Price). If you think Price is already a better pitcher than the 2 I mentioned, you need counseling.

Hey look another homer!
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Bro, you don't wanna go there. Your team has choked for the past 2 years, vs the same team, in the same location. Please, save yourself the embarrassmentand don't come talking about "when they don't make the playoffs". Make the playoffs yourself, then come talk.

I'm sorry, but..

Although..

Red Sox > Yankees

You see. This is something I could live with. Stating that the Red Sox are better than the Yankees isn't as far fetched as Lester/Price>>Wang/CC.

laugh.gif
Yankee fans really are jacked up right now, huh?
laugh.gif
I swear to God, they're the only people I've seen that actually think their pitching staffis better than Boston's...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
You know what's crazy, how people think that the Rays are better than the Yanks and/or Red Sox. You do realize that we have 2 guys that can win 20 games this season, right?
Why is that crazy?

They're one of the best defensive teams in baseball... They're replacing Edwin Jackson with a full season of David Price in the rotation... Theiroffense is only gonna get better with maturation from their young stars and adding Pat Burrell in the mix...

Why is it crazy to believe they're better than New York or Boston? Because they didn't sign the three best FAs on the market this year?

I'll turn this around... Why should I believe the Yankees are better than Tampa Bay?

laugh.gif

grin.gif
1) I don't post homerism. Homerism would be if I said that my guys are the best, and no one is even close. Or if I said that Wang would win Cy, A-Rod MVP, Girardi COY, etc.

2) Here we go again. I could understand if you think that Beckett + Lester (or Dice-K) is better than or equal to Wang + CC. But You said Price + Lester are better than Wang + CC. You have to be an idiot to believe that.

3) I'm not on CC's pole. I simply stated the obvious. CC is a proven pitcher. Wang is a proven pitcher. Them 2 combined are better than a good pitcher (Lester) and an unproven pitcher (Price). If you think Price is already a better pitcher than the 2 I mentioned, you need counseling.

Hey look another homer!
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Bro, you don't wanna go there. Your team has choked for the past 2 years, vs the same team, in the same location. Please, save yourself the embarrassment and don't come talking about "when they don't make the playoffs". Make the playoffs yourself, then come talk.

I'm sorry, but..

Although..

Red Sox > Yankees

You see. This is something I could live with. Stating that the Red Sox are better than the Yankees isn't as far fetched as Lester/Price>>Wang/CC.
Yeah , they have proved something to me alright. They have proved that both are NOT post-season pitchers.

I'll admit my comment about Price > any Yankee starter was a lil nuts
laugh.gif
I just HATE you Yankee fans so friggin much.
mad.gif

Prove to me that CC, Wang are better pitchers than Beckett, Lester. What have they done in their careers to make you think that? cuz I certainly don'tsee it.
You could put every .Gif u find, ur still not convincing me or hurting my feelings.
eyes.gif
I want solid facts..... don't worry, I'll wait
laugh.gif

By the way...when I wrote this I made a mistake I meant to put:

CC, Wang > Lester and PRICE

I put Beckett on accident

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Yankee fans really are jacked up right now, huh?
laugh.gif
I swear to God, they're the only people I've seen that actually think their pitching staff is better than Boston's...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
You know what's crazy, how people think that the Rays are better than the Yanks and/or Red Sox. You do realize that we have 2 guys that can win 20 games this season, right?
Why is that crazy?

They're one of the best defensive teams in baseball... They're replacing Edwin Jackson with a full season of David Price in the rotation... Their offense is only gonna get better with maturation from their young stars and adding Pat Burrell in the mix...

Why is it crazy to believe they're better than New York or Boston? Because they didn't sign the three best FAs on the market this year?

I'll turn this around... Why should I believe the Yankees are better than Tampa Bay?
1) You make it seem like there's NO doubt that Boston's Rotation is better than the Yanks rotation. It ain't like that. Could it bean argument? Yea. My opinion is that right now we have a better rotation, but that the Red Sox rotation is still good.

2) There's no doubt that they're a much better team now. But let's look at it this way. They're still young. Do you remember when the Rockieswent to the WS everyone was saying how great of a team they would be the next year and whatnot? Well, they came back down to Earth. Such thing is possible withthe Rays. Am I saying that it's gonna happen? No. I do feel that they are a good team. Just not better than the Yanks or Red Sox.

3) They aren't better than the Yanks or Sox because right now, Yanks & Red Sox Starting Rotation are better than the Rays. Not saying that the RaysSP's aren't good, just not better than neither. The Rays offense is maturing, yes. But they still don't have a complete lineup like the Yanks orRed Sox. Yes, Longoria, Upton, and Craw are great players. But, that's about their biggest threats. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4) Why should you believe that the Yanks are better than the Rays? Read what I wrote in #3. Also, we're a much more balanced team this year compared tolast year. We got our catcher back (Posada), we got one of our most productive hitters back (Matsui), we got a productive switch hitter batting in front ofA-Rod (Tex), our rotation is better than last year, and we're coming back from an embarassing year.

* I bolded the "our rotation is better than last year" because it's true. Last year we had guys like Rasner, Ponson, and Pavano trying to carryour team. You don't think CC, Burnett, and a healthy Wang are better the those 3?

Originally Posted by lilhen18

roll.gif
Are you sure you want to be making comments like that with "Mets" in your sig?
Yeah I'm positive.

Good one BTW, u hurt me
eyes.gif

Yeah , they have proved something to me alright. They have proved that both are NOT post-season pitchers.

I'll admit my comment about Price > any Yankee starter was a lil nuts
laugh.gif
I just HATE you Yankee fans so friggin much.
mad.gif

Prove to me that CC, Wang are better pitchers than Beckett, Lester. What have they done in their careers to make you think that? cuz I certainly don't see it.
You could put every .Gif u find, ur still not convincing me or hurting my feelings.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
There you go. You just helped my cause. Your hatred and ignorance are taking overt your mind.

Prove to you that they are better pitchers? CC has a Cy (and look at the year he had with MIL last year). Wang has had more wins than anyone. CC is a dominantpitcher in the league. Of course, right now everyone wants to hate on him now since he's on the Yanks, but they know he is. Beckett is too. No one saidotherwise. But how could 2 guys that have dominated the past 2 years not be better than 1 great pitcher and a kid that has been good, but still hasn'tproven as much as Wang/CC? Now, if we're talking about who's better in the postseason (which we clearly weren't but you knew it would be the onlything you would be right about) then yea, Lester + Beckett >>>> Wang + CC. Hell, Beckett alone>>>>Wang + CC in the playoffs.

Yeah I'm positive.

Good one BTW, u hurt me
eyes.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Bro, grow up. Who's trying to hurt feelings? Are you that sensitive? Let me know. I won't direct anything towards you.

Back
Top Bottom