Lunargrand

Was thinking of going to a flagship store but went to an outlet instead. Saw these.

Does anyone know if the outlet shoes are the same as the regular cole haan store shoes?

@Br1ju

Thanks. The t-moro longwings on the right of those look nice as well. I wonder why these don't show up at CH.com. Haven't seen both of those at CH retail stores.

Does anyone know if the outlet shoes are the same as the regular cole haan store shoes?
As a comment to this, I saw this  at an outlet store and the woodbury color of the leather was a bit off. There were some swirls or irregularities on how the leather was dyed/colored. The same shoe at a full retail store looked much more uniform in color.

It might just have been an isolated thing. I only looked at the one on display and didn't check any of the others still in the boxes.

Last edited:
@Br1ju

Thanks. The t-moro longwings on the right of those look nice as well. I wonder why these don't show up at CH.com. Haven't seen both of those at CH retail stores.

Oh yeah, you're right. I didn't pay attention to those, lol. I assumed they were the regular wingtip. But yeah they have a lot that aren't online some of which I posted awhile back.

They even have a whole bunch of grand sprints with nice color ways and different styles. They had these grand sprint boots that were a cool shade of grey and also some grey wing tips with the reflective material.

Thanks man. Awesome deal for the blue pebbled longwings. Been waiting to get these at a discount! $104 shipped to Cali

Just got these. I actually like the look of these on my feet for summer casual. With that said, the leather is stiff just like most of the others and makes it uncomfortable to walk with at times.

Need some feedback from you guys if these are real or not, comparing to my other Lunargrand Chukkas I'm skeptical. My biggest problem is the insole, all my other lunargrands have the dark blue insole. Is it because they are an older style? Bought them from hautelook.com which is owned by Nordstrom.

Need some feedback from you guys if these are real or not, comparing to my other Lunargrand Chukkas I'm skeptical. My biggest problem is the insole, all my other lunargrands have the dark blue insole. Is it because they are an older style? Bought them from hautelook.com which is owned by Nordstrom.

They look real to me. None of my 5 lunargrands have blue insoles. Hautelook is legit.

Last edited:
Yeah they're comfy, leather is pretty solid, sprayed them down with some Jason Markk Repel before wearing them.  It left the black leather a little spotty in some areas but for the most part dried well.  I never really liked the oxford look, more of a chukka guy. Here's an on feet pic:

wow i cant believe im just now finding this shoe! fell in love instantly!

need help finding the grey on white sole "antelope" suede oxford

Lane Crawford has them still, but at retail.

sz 11-11.5

if anyone cant point me in the direction of where to buy lunargands at decent prices, or even if they are at retial, some of the various places to find them, especially older models. Because nordstroms and cole haan direct has only a few and are usually the latest models.

TIA!!

Finally got my Petrol Blue! Very classy and classic color combination.

Yes they are! I haven't worn mines yet and debating on keeping them or not based on quality. I haven't worn out any suede/waterproof lunargrands and have seen some with holes on the side of the shoe after much wear. Anyone who owns these type shoes if y'all can chime in and testify whether they are good quality or not that would be great.

sz 11-11.5

if anyone cant point me in the direction of where to buy lunargands at decent prices, or even if they are at retial, some of the various places to find them, especially older models. Because nordstroms and cole haan direct has only a few and are usually the latest models.

TIA!!

Sorry to disappoint but those are not the "kudu" leather lunargrands. While they look almost exactly alike the one being sold is actually a suede type material. I use to own both but ended up returning the one with the blue tongue.

I will say though you did pick the right shoe to fall in love with. My wife mentioned that I like wearing them a lot and told her I'd buy another one just to have a spare. They are that comfortable.

As far as finding them your best bet would be eBay at this point unless you find some lesser known store that sells them. Union Los Angeles sold their last pair about a month or two ago and I was kicking myself for not jumping at them.

You are looking for the LunarGrand long wingtip in kudu limestone suede C11867. These were released sometime around May 2013.

The one at Lane Crawford is regular suede with blazer blue tongue.

Last edited:
thanks for the quick responses guys!

what are the differences between the blue tongue?

after some looking it doesnt look like i will find them. On cole haans website they have a grey suede pair with grey sole, which doesnt look bad but i prefer the white sole and they dont even have my size.

back at the drawing board i go

thanks for the quick responses guys!
what are the differences between the blue tongue?
after some looking it doesnt look like i will find them. On cole haans website they have a grey suede pair with grey sole, which doesnt look bad but i prefer the white sole and they dont even have my size.
back at the drawing board i go

Huge difference. The material for the upper is the main thing. The kudu leather they used is buttery soft vs the suede material they use for the other. So comfort wise the kudu is awesome. The sole for the kudu is more of a true white while the other has more of an off white color. Basically those are the main differences.

If you're just going for appearance then yeah, they basically look the same and no one would know the difference except the person wearing them.

Back
Top Bottom