Lupe Fiasco APPRECIATION POST!

I was listening to The Cool today and it solidified my opinion that Lupe is in the top 5 DOA, IN MY OPINION!
What more can a rapper have? he has all the characteristics of a great:
- flow, and MANY of them
- lyrical content that exceeds the normal rapper's vocabulary and that has you thinking and not letting you fall asleep
- his delivery is top notch, he makes you understand every single intricate word he says CLEARLY, unlike other great lyricists (Nas, who is in my top 5 also)
- stage presence, his shows are great
- an ear for good beats... unlike others
laugh.gif

Now lets get to his releases. From his Fahrenheit mixtapes to his 2 albums, they are excellent.
His ability to create songs and to deliver the message in a subliminal/but yet understandable way is absolutely amazing.
Lets get to the song that made me make this thread, Dumb It Down. Everytime I listen to it I go
sick.gif
as if it were my first time listening. Theman is a genius with his structure, it may take him a month or something to write a verse, but the final product is QUALITY.
Again, he's doing all this without you falling asleep or skipping a song, which IN MY OPINION, he deserves to be in the Top 5 DOA.

I think he is on another level, in a way like Andre 3K, but different in his own way.
Lasers or We Are Not Lasers should be amazing.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

i wouldnt even really call him emo... he just aint runnin round hype all damn day like the rest of them dudes...

lupe is that dude...
I usually don't agree with you but lately you been on point.
pimp.gif
Lupe is the best lyricist out.
pimp.gif

Appreciated.

Finally A Lu Appreciation Post.

He's Rapping is just so unreal, his lines and what he raps about.. other rappers hope they can rap at least one song like that.. Lu' does that on everytrack he goes on. IMO anyways

Hip Hop Saved My Life
Fighters
Cool
Blackout
& now adding to the list, Shining Down

Those will never cease to amaze Me,
pimp.gif

Can't Wait what my main man has in store for us with LASERS!

I need to witness him live again, that night i was speechless.. Dude puts on a show..

^ I respect your opinion, but can u elaborate? have you given him a total listen with an open mind? or just going in (nh) with the "thats the Kick Pushdude so nahh"? BTW I was reffering to mace40

Originally Posted by FPListheillest

^ I respect your opinion, but can u elaborate? have you given him a total listen with an open mind? or just going in with the "thats the Kick Push dude so nahh"?
Na I have every one of his albums and they all get play from me when I'm in the mood. However it seems like the consensus is that Lupe ispretty much "on top". Am I wrong to think that? Just based off different message boards and also in real life.

That's all I meant by "overrated".

Definitely Appreciated
pimp.gif

Has dropped two classics and got me anxious for a third. Only gripe with me is it took him forever to bring out some new music. Lyrically dude is a monster andno one is touching him right now. I wonder if Lasers is gonna keep up with the characters he raps about in his first two albums (the Streets and the Game). AndGemstones better be rapping fast on another track cuz The Die was my s***!!

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

^ I respect your opinion, but can u elaborate? have you given him a total listen with an open mind? or just going in with the "thats the Kick Push dude so nahh"?
Na I have every one of his albums and they all get play from me when I'm in the mood. However it seems like the consensus is that Lupe is pretty much "on top". Am I wrong to think that? Just based off different message boards and also in real life.

haha I was reffering to mace40 but that's ok.. yeah I see where you're coming from, but I dunno I dont hang on message boards other than this one a lotto know if he's considered on top.. but actually everytime I bring up this discussion..people dont really appreciate Lupe..he's somewhat of anunderrated dude..

Na I have every one of his albums and they all get play from me when I'm in the mood. However it seems like the consensus is that Lupe is pretty much "on top". Am I wrong to think that? Just based off different message boards and also in real life.

haha I was reffering to mace40 but that's ok.. yeah I see where you're coming from, but I dunno I dont hang on message boards other than this one a lot to know if he's considered on top.. but actually everytime I bring up this discussion..people dont really appreciate Lupe..he's somewhat of an underrated dude..
Realtalk... I mean in "Real Life" everyone I know swears like hes trash and the only song they've heard from him are Superstar orKick Push.

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

haha I was reffering to mace40 but that's ok.. yeah I see where you're coming from, but I dunno I dont hang on message boards other than this one a lot to know if he's considered on top.. but actually everytime I bring up this discussion..people dont really appreciate Lupe..he's somewhat of an underrated dude..
Realtalk... I mean in "Real Life" everyone I know swears like hes trash and the only song they've heard from him are Superstar or Kick Push.
Damn that's sad that they would think he's trash. Here in So Cal Lupe is definitely appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom