Male Nurses

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

phillipe-nover.jpg

he's a nurse.
He had to make up for his masculinity somewhere.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

rofl male nurses?
laugh.gif
filipinos
The hell?

What does ethnicity have to do with having job security, stable income and the sense of helping someone's family member?

Grow up.

WHO seriously cares??? I mean once you get in the pay is extremely good.. but thats theproblem male or female I have tons of friends who say the field is really hard to get into and all those college places on TV promise you the world but giveyou CRAP.. you need to seriously look into everything thats going to be required before getting in that field.. I hear you have to take a test just to be on awaiting list

Im trying to get into this program so I can go get my nursing degree while studying in Madrid.
pimp.gif
..... later go to med school...

Is this even a serious question? Nursing is one of the best career opportunities in the Nation right now. Nursing programs across the country are impacted andthey've been that way for the past 5-6 yrs.

Any career in health care is good money and one of the most secure jobs. I just hope ppl aren't attracted to it solely for the money and have a stronginterest in helping ppl.

currently in voc school for LVN right now, I graduate in April then I wanna do RN when I get some experience in the field. Seriously one of the best fields youcan get into you can find a job easy, work anywhere you want, one of the only professions that are truly "recession-proof" because everyone gets sick

im in the program at csulb starting fall. im excited to say the least. If any of you prenursing students have any questions feel free to ask.

Nothing wrong with it.

It's looked down on in my culture though.

im a guy and ive been a rn for a year and a half. nothings wrong with it at all, theres a lot of males in my department (er). and thats usually where the hotfemale nurses are too. haha.

getting through school was the most stressful 4 semesters of my life.. in the end you make money, but its tough work at bedside. i plan on getting experiencein emergency and then advancing to get my bachelors or even masters and do some administration, education or research. the field has a lot of opportunities. inthe end i just wanna work from home.

Originally Posted by wooha

I'm a nurse and I have been a nurse since 2005. There's ALOT of males now taking up nursing. It's no big deal. I'm a nurse in the Bay Area...pay is good, job security, and all that good stuff. I'm actually an LVN since '05 and finsh my LVN to RN bridge program in October this year and the class is half guys half girls.

As for being a nurse practicioner or doctor, it's not for everybody. Speaking for myself, I can carry out the care but I wouldn't trust myself diagnosing people and other stuff like that. I mean your dealing with their lives. But there are people who would love to do that type of stuff, but not me. I'm too scared of the legality issues and what not. But hey, if your down to do it all the power to you.

LPN right here too, bro. trying to get into a bridge program here in WA state.

im gonna be taking nursing at westcoast university in ontario california after high school. quick fast money

it just doesnt sound right for males to be called nurses. maybe if they made another name for it. but there is nothing wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom