Male Nurses

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by HyphySole

I think nursing is a great job to get into if you want to be in the medical field and cant handle all the schoolwork and time to be a doctor.

But i also know that going to school to become a nurse anesthetist isnt the easiest thing to do.
What is the school work like?
and
What type of classes are they?

nerd.gif
Im not a nursing major, but i am considering it. But I looked at the major map for nursing degree, and I dont think they need organic chem, just regular chem. Correct me if Im wrong nurse majors.

nah man im pretty sure you have to go through Organic Chem, which i heard is a bizznitch. im taking it next next semester
You don't need organic chemistry for a BS in nursing. My best friend (male) is in nursing school right now. Nursing = stress (I couldn'tdo it). I told him he could have done dental hygiene. They pretty much take the same classes and the nature of the job is much, much less stressful thannursing. According to salary.com, avg. salary of RN = $62k; avg. salary of dental hygienist = $65k. In the end props to nurses and healthcare.

Im currently on the wait list at my state and junior colleges programs. The only thing i hate is that it can take a long time to get into a program and theschooling is pretty tough. I'm thinking of getting my bachelors in something else. It sucks, i have a few friends of mine that didn't even get hiredafter finishing their BSN programs in the bay area. A few years ago they would of found jobs with no problem

I'm going for my BSN. It is definitely easier said than done. The fact that people are just in it for money kind of nerves me. For those who are curious,Organic Chem is required for most colleges but the ones that don't require it should. If you do not have the drive good luck.

Originally Posted by jaysbboy

Im currently on the wait list at my state and junior colleges programs. The only thing i hate is that it can take a long time to get into a program and the schooling is pretty tough. I'm thinking of getting my bachelors in something else. It sucks, i have a few friends of mine that didn't even get hired after finishing their BSN programs in the bay area. A few years ago they would of found jobs with no problem

my problem right now cant find a job (i want)
frown.gif

People with BSNs cant find a job? Thats surprising to me because I thought there was a shortage in nursing.

Originally Posted by yep617

For the guy who asked what kind of nurse makes the most.

Probably a nurse practitioner. NP's are quickly becoming favored over doctors in places where people need scripts written and prof. diagnosises made. They make around 100,000 I believe. Not too mention if you get a private practice, were talking 200-300 dollars an hour.

I'm hoping to go to nursing school within the next couple years, its a great career.
4vn0pi.gif

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

rofl male nurses?
laugh.gif
filipinos
When I was volunteering at a hospital the male nurse that I was assigned to assist was Filipino.
laugh.gif
He was good peoples.

NinongBrown is a male nurse.
Dude makes bank and only works a couple days a week...

REg nurses make more than nps if they do overtime... can easily make over 100000 specially if you work night shift... bigger differential

It's nothing wrong as long as your not homophobic (you have to clean a lot of penises).

There is NO ISSUE.
MY father was in the movie/television production business for 20 + years.
He decided to go back to school to become a nurse when he was over 40.
He now is the assistant nurse manager of LIJ hospital in Long Island, NY.
Any one who THINKS or needs to THINK about if it is an issue or not is nuts.
Its 2009.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by yep617

For the guy who asked what kind of nurse makes the most.

Probably a nurse practitioner. NP's are quickly becoming favored over doctors in places where people need scripts written and prof. diagnosises made. They make around 100,000 I believe. Not too mention if you get a private practice, were talking 200-300 dollars an hour.

I'm hoping to go to nursing school within the next couple years, its a great career.
4vn0pi.gif

Dude is right though
grin.gif

*@%% if you can do it get that money.

if i was a great student i would love to have a career in the medical field. at least i say so now...

i was honestly thinking about going into nursing

male nurses are apparently in high demand

i think the program was hard to get into though. i just went into general sciences and ill see where that takes me

i work in a clinic and almost all the RNs i know hate their job
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom