Man dies after live liver transplant to his brother. GREAT READ

And after that you wrestle with a lot of guilt, like I really don't want to bring him through this. But he shut me up pretty fast and said, 'Well, you would do it for me, wouldn't you?'"
Wow.... I thikn that's what it really comes down to. Treat others how you want to be treated. Simple, yet crucial concept. Good story.

And after that you wrestle with a lot of guilt, like I really don't want to bring him through this. But he shut me up pretty fast and said, 'Well, you would do it for me, wouldn't you?'"
Wow.... I thikn that's what it really comes down to. Treat others how you want to be treated. Simple, yet crucial concept. Good story.

that's really sad and unfortunate.

but did anyone else catch this
While both livers will regenerate and grow back to their original size, if too much is removed or something goes wrong, it's the donor whose life is at risk.

i believe 60% is too much. someone $#!*@+ up here.

RIP

While both livers will regenerate and grow back to their original size, if too much is removed or something goes wrong, it's the donor whose life is at risk.

RIP

That was a sad article. Situations like that are the reason why I study what I study and why I just can't understand individuals that won't support science research that can prevent these tragedies.

That was a sad article. Situations like that are the reason why I study what I study and why I just can't understand individuals that won't support science research that can prevent these tragedies.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

That was really nice of him. May he rest in peace.

Reading this makes me even more scared, though. My Mom needs a liver transplant.
frown.gif

i hope she finds one.  sad story.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

That was really nice of him. May he rest in peace.

Reading this makes me even more scared, though. My Mom needs a liver transplant.
frown.gif

i hope she finds one.  sad story.

Originally Posted by al3x89

RIP
Agreed,  i'm no scientist or medical scholar but i'm thinking maybe they were taking so much because that's what was estimated for the recipient to need in order for it to regenerate fully while the healthier donor being able to absorb such a substantial loss?

I also read that this hospital has suspended all live transplants pending an investigation
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

RIP
Agreed,  i'm no scientist or medical scholar but i'm thinking maybe they were taking so much because that's what was estimated for the recipient to need in order for it to regenerate fully while the healthier donor being able to absorb such a substantial loss?

I also read that this hospital has suspended all live transplants pending an investigation
ohwell.gif

If i remember from college,

you can donate up to 90% of your liver and still be ok.

so the 60 40 thing was not the problem, probably just an infection during the surgery.

If i remember from college,

you can donate up to 90% of your liver and still be ok.

so the 60 40 thing was not the problem, probably just an infection during the surgery.

the saddest thing is a lot of us needed this article to remind us to tell our siblings we love them..if we could all just do it regularly without a reminder from tragic incident it would be a lot better.

Im not close to my brother at all.. and that really is the hardest part about reading that article.

the saddest thing is a lot of us needed this article to remind us to tell our siblings we love them..if we could all just do it regularly without a reminder from tragic incident it would be a lot better.

Im not close to my brother at all.. and that really is the hardest part about reading that article.

Back
Top Bottom