Man shot and killed over a parking space in Florida VOL....STAND YOUR GROUND?

Actually leaving dude alone with have probably worked this time, or at least not getting physical would have ruled in the deceased mans favor in a court of law if he would have shot him anyway... which he wouldn't have because he knows better (which is why he didn't shoot the first guy).

And the alternative is said girl and family mourning you... good choice!

Yeah, like how we should see your agenda in this topic and start ignoring you.

you know how NT Extremes work

no nuance or grey areas allowed, all black and white

argue back.

not put hands on them unless they put hands on me first.
What extreme? The law states acts that lead to feeling danger make it ok to shoot someone? You guys like to argue comparisons as being “extreme” when the LAW made itself it extreme. Colored man looks at a racist the wrong way or, gasp, takes a parking spot you can easily spin that to their protected benefit. Oh look.... the topic of the thread .... this isn’t a reach, not an extreme, it literally just happened.

Even if Drejka felt threatened, he didn't have to shoot. McGlockton WAS BACKING AWAY when the gun was pulled. Even if McGlockton was deemed a "threat," that "threat" was over the minute the gun was pulled and he backed up.

Can't believe that we gotta sit here and write think-pieces DEFENDING McGlockton when even after the confrontation, he should still be alive today.

What extreme?.

there’s an infinite number of options between pushing dude down and looking at the ground in fear and doing nothing, yet dudes choose the extreme option of looking at the ground. cmon now.

these extreme positions are why we cant have rational adult conversations on NT

its either all or nothing

Cool i said idk because i didn't know at that time i posted that but thanks for informing me i didn't know until getback said he had multiple run ins with blacks.

But i still say if ol boy knew his laws and didn't just run out there and push dude it could of went down differently

"Damn I didn't know the dude that shot him was actually racist"

"It's still the black guy's fault he's dead"

there’s an infinite number of options between pushing dude down and looking at the ground in fear and doing nothing, yet dudes choose the extreme option of looking at the ground. cmon now.

You argue back, make an emotional hand gesture, dude feels threatened, shoots anyway. Than what? This law does not say physical contact is required to feel threatened for you life.

Just shoot them first, I suppose.

Again, pick ANY OPTION and the guy has the right to kill you.

I mean here’s an “extreme”.....You push me I kill you...

Last edited:
Getting in the car and driving away is going to get the guy killed? You guys are just saying anything at this point
Victim blaming first of all. Secondly the guy started the whole mess. Anyone speaks to you and your reaction is to immediately leave? I mean if that’s where you stand fine but then you’re agreeing with my “extreme” situation of leaving everyone alone at all times for fear of being shot

Getting in the car and driving away is going to get the guy killed? You guys are just saying anything at this point

Jordan Davis got shot while sitting in his car. The shooter continued shooting him and everyone else in the car as they backed up.

I don't think these George Zimmerman types have a "code" homie.

They want that confrontation. If it didn't happen to McGlockton, it would've happened to the next guy that Djreka harassed for jaywalking.

If the white guy put his hands on the woman then sure beat the man to death but arguing is not enough to shove someone to the ground

I think some of y’all are missing the underlying intent of the law. A party is trying to use the law to maintain their perceived power through fear. Some straight Jim Crow type stuff...

All they want to do is talk down/crazy to you and feel like you can’t do anything about it because you feared for your life..

When he said "that's the world we live" I said "I gotta go get me gun"

I never look for confrontations when I'm out and about but there are crazy folks here in Texas who do, and SYG are full in effect down here.

R.i.p to Mcglockton no man should have to die in front of his own kids behind a racist shooter.

The guy was protecting his family like an real man would do. He was intentionally provoked and the guy was ready to shoot.

The parking lot is not his property nor is the store, if he had problem with it he should had address it to the store owner.

Drjekan gonna need eyes behind his neck if he think he's gonna be walking freely. Dead man walking for sure.

If the white guy put his hands on the woman then sure beat the man to death but arguing is not enough to shove someone to the ground

Depends on what was being said. According to witnesses, the shooter was a real POS. Doesn't strike me as someone who politely approached the pregnant woman asking her to kindly move her vehicle. I'd be willing to bet it was more confrontational and aggressive.

However, all of this is moot. No unarmed man should have to walk on egg shells to avoid being shot, in broad daylight at a quickie mart, with his wife, child, and unborn child...by a seemingly irrational POS picking a fight.

Too much victim blaming going on. The shove isn't the issue. The shove in response to the argument is minor in comparison to the deadly force used in response to the shove.

Jordan Davis got shot while sitting in his car. The shooter continued shooting him and everyone else in the car as they backed up.

I don't think these George Zimmerman types have a "code" homie.

They want that confrontation. If it didn't happen to McGlockton, it would've happened to the next guy that Djreka harassed for jaywalking.

If he got in the car and drove away and still got shot then there is no argument and there would at least be a trial

Back
Top Bottom