Man shot and killed over a parking space in Florida VOL....STAND YOUR GROUND?

let a bunch of black folks
start using this stand ur ground law
against white folks
watch how stuff changes

gotta get hip to the laws like these racist. Until these laws are fixed. Wont catch me slipping

If he got in the car and drove away and still got shot then there is no argument and there would at least be a trial

reason why the other folks didn't get shot he harassed

gotta get hip to the laws like these racist. Until these laws are fixed. Wont catch me slipping
Wasn't there a case where a black person shot a white person under the stand your ground defense and still lost the case? Or was charged with a crime despite the S.Y.G plea? It was like a year or two after Zimmerman/Martin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/us/marissa-alexander-released-stand-your-ground.html

You talking about this case right here. Her husband or whoever was abusive to her. She fired a warning shout under the means of stand your ground and she initially got 20 years. Had to go through all sorts of appeals and what have you to get off.

So yeah. There’s some inconsistencies in how stand your ground is selectively enforced and allowed along the lines of minorities don’t try this one at home.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/us/marissa-alexander-released-stand-your-ground.html

You talking about this case right here. Her husband or whoever was abusive to her. She fired a warning shout under the means of stand your ground and she initially got 20 years. Had to go through all sorts of appeals and what have you to get off.

So yeah. There’s some inconsistencies in how stand your ground is selectively enforced and allowed along the lines of minorities don’t try this one at home.
Thanks for the info and clarification.

" got a right to park wherever i want" ...unless its illegal tho right?
the sight of the gun had mans backing away, but dude still fired ...thats not right at all right there

easy manslaughter charge if you ask me

Once again... no one is "victim blaming" or trying to defend the shooter. I'm just trying to extend the life of others here so they don't put themselves in the same situation as this man. Know the difference between a verbal and a physical altercation, especially the legal ramifications for both. Know when it's suitable to put on someone or use a weapon. Both partiescwere wrong in their respective actions, the difference is one man lost his life in anger and the other played off that anger and is most likely going to skate because of it. Know your "rights", even if they aren't morally right. That's what this country is all about.

After watching this again numerous times, I have come to the same conclusion that this man SHOULD go to jail for a very long time ... That being said, he probably won't because of the physical contact ...

The one question I have is what was said in that second between pulling the gun and shooting ... It seems as though there was enough time for the victim to walk away but he turns back ... If I were to bet, being around the block shooting the **** a bunch of times and knowing the bravado that males are required to have in the streets, it LOOKS like dude was surprised when he saw the gun and his first reaction was to walk / run away, but the macho kicked in and he turned back ... I am speculating that he said something like if you're gonna use that **** you better not miss ... He didn't honestly believe that dude was going to shoot him at any point ...

Here is what I'm going to say: A gun means power to certain individuals, something that lets them hold an individuals life in their hand. A select group of individuals see what this power can do for them and their problems. Laws associated with this power will only work in their favor and without this power they can't rule so they protect it regardless of the cost.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...n-Clearwater-stand-your-ground-case_170853729

Florida man charged with manslaughter in 'stand your ground' case
TAMPA, Fla. - Prosecutors charged Michael Drejka, the man accused of killing Markeis McGlockton in a shooting that has reignited a debate around Florida's "stand your ground law," with manslaughter Monday.

According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Drejka was taken into custody Monday morning. He is being booked into the Pinellas County Jail, where he will be held in lieu of $100,000 bail.

Drejka, 47, has avoided arrest since he shot 28-year-old McGlockton on July 19 because of the controversial self-defense law that eliminated one's duty to retreat before resorting to force.

Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri announced July 20 that his agency was precluded from arresting Drejka because evidence showed it was "within the bookends of stand your ground and within the bookends of force being justified," which provides immunity from arrest, the sheriff said. He forwarded the case Aug. 1 to the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office to make a final charging determination.

State Attorney Bernie McCabe's decision to charge Drejka signals that prosecutors believe they can show by "clear and convincing" evidence that a stand your ground defense is not applicable in Drejka's case.

State legislators revised the law last year to put the onus on prosecutors to disprove a stand your ground claim instead of on defense attorneys to prove one.

Several questions must be considered in deciding whether someone can be protected under the law when they use force: Was the person acting lawfully? Did the person have a right to be there? And was the person in reasonable fear of serious injury or death?

The encounter between the two men started when Drejka confronted McGlockton's girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, about why she had parked in a handicap-reserved parking space without a decal at the Circle A Food Store on Sunset Point Road near Clearwater.

McGlockton, inside the store with his 5-year-old son, caught wind of the heated argument from witnesses. Surveillance video shows him leaving the store, walking up to Drejka and pushing him to the ground. Drejka then pulls out a gun and shoots McGlockton. He told deputies he was in fear of further attack.

Gualtieri said Monday he supports McCabe's decision. He reiterated that in order to make an arrest, the facts of the case would have to clearly show stand your ground doesn't apply, which he said wasn't the case here. Otherwise, Drejka would have been in custody while prosecutors considered whether they could meet the burden established under the law.

That differs from a normal arrest in which law enforcement officers "establish if we have the elements of a crime without considering the defenses," the sheriff said.

"This is very unique," he said. "There's no other provision in Florida law that says we have to consider these defenses."

The shooting reignited a national debate around stand your ground - and race's role in how it's applied. McGlockton was black. Drejka is white.

Benjamin Crump, the civil rights attorney known for taking up cases in which unarmed black men died in violent encounters, signed on to represent Jacobs. Five members of Congress called for the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division to open an investigation. State Sen. Darryl Rouson called for a special session to address stand your ground, an effort that failed on Friday.

And all the while, rallies and news conferences cropped up nearly every day to call for an arrest, organized by groups such as the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and Black Lives Matter.

Drejka has remained largely a mystery to the public in the weeks since the shooting. The Tampa Bay Times reported last week that he has been the accused aggressor in four incidents since 2012, including two in which he was reported to have shown a gun. He was not arrested in any of the cases and does not have a criminal history in Florida.

Visit the Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.) at www.tampabay.com

51659685-1024x1024.jpg

Listen here, unless you in the dope game or a line of work that requires you to carry, you have to be a whole ***** to feel like you need to carry on your day to day.

Straight up. There’s more guns in America than there are ppl. ****s gotten out of hand.

These white folk out here think the 2nd amendment grants them carte blanche to play judge jury and executioner. Lot of you think y’all doing something with your lil FN. Designer guns like they’re a fashion accessory. They got arsenals, and they be at the range weekly for the sole purpose of catching a brown or black man slipping.

So do I think we should start taking guns? Time is ****ing nigh.

That’s coming from someone who has extreme distrust of this government.

Listen here, unless you in the dope game or a line of work that requires you to carry, you have to be a whole ***** to feel like you need to carry on your day to day.

My piece stays in the car, will only physically have it on me if im going somewhere super sketch.

Tbh, do i want to have to carry a gun? Absolutely not. But in todays society with all these bat **** crazy gun fanatics roaming around, at the end of the day if its my life or yours, im shooting.

I pray that i never ever have to pull my pistol out on anyone let alone actually have to shoot someone. But if i absolutely have to, best believe i will.

I really hope he gets convicted.

After hearing about the incident. I was never into guns. But m living in Texas where these cats carry guns like it's a bottle water or wallet. Lets me know I need one too.

They got arsenals, and they be at the range weekly for the sole purpose of catching a brown or black man slipping.

So knowing this, tell me why black folks shouldn't be training on ranges and learning how to safely handle and operate firearms?

So knowing this, tell me why black folks shouldn't be training on ranges and learning how to safely handle and operate firearms?

B/C black ppl/minorities are still severely outgunned. Playing right into their hand.

Bro they got organized militias. They be in the woods on some real life paramilitary group steez. They putting guns in their kids hands as soon as they turn 5.

I think as a default anyone who wants to own a firearm should have to go through a rigorous psych evaluation, background check and education program. I’m talking 1000 hours before anyone should be able to own a weapon.

Last edited:
I agree but from a different perspective

1. You’re giving them a reason to shoot
2. You think the police will side with you?
3. The law isn’t designed to help you
4. Do the “right thing” and you’re still going to jail (of shot dead by the police).

Straight up. There’s more guns in America than there are ppl. ****s gotten out of hand.

These white folk out here think the 2nd amendment grants them carte blanche to play judge jury and executioner. Lot of you think y’all doing something with your lil FN. Designer guns like they’re a fashion accessory. They got arsenals, and they be at the range weekly for the sole purpose of catching a brown or black man slipping.

So do I think we should start taking guns? Time is ****ing nigh.

That’s coming from someone who has extreme distrust of this government.

You really think they are going to take THEIR guns?

50% of the firearms convictions right now are Black men and you think that's going to change by making guns illegal.

B/C black ppl/minorities are still severely outgunned. Playing right into their hand.

Bro they got organized militias. They be in the woods on some real life paramilitary group steez. They putting guns in their kids hands as soon as they turn 5.

I think as a default anyone who wants to own a firearm should have to go through a rigorous psych evaluation, background check and education program. I’m talking 1000 hours before anyone should be able to own a weapon.

So you shouldn't even consider protecting yourself because it's futile? But owning guns is playing into their hand? They created gun laws to stop us from carrying weapons to secure our neighborhoods from white people with guns.

Ask yourself why don't black folks organize and start their kids early with safety?

If the "take all the guns" plan ever comes into effect, you know they're straight invading the hood first right?

I agree with the last part though. 1000hrs kinda excessive but I get the point there and fully agree.

So you shouldn't even consider protecting yourself because it's futile? But owning guns is playing into their hand? They created gun laws to stop us from carrying weapons to secure our neighborhoods from white people with guns.

Ask yourself why don't black folks organize and start their kids early with safety?

If the "take all the guns" plan ever comes into effect, you know they're straight invading the hood first right?

I agree with the last part though. 1000hrs kinda excessive but I get the point there and fully agree.

Man I don’t even wanna get into it. Take all the damn guns there is, melt them down and rebuild our nation’s infrastructure.

Plenty of nations devoid of citizen gun ownership that are perfectly fine.

I’m not hearing no type of justification. This is me speaking as a previous gun owner. This **** gotta change.

Take guns from cops too, dismantle all nukes, I’m anti-war as well.

**** all that ****.

I agree but from a different perspective

1. You’re giving them a reason to shoot
2. You think the police will side with you?
3. The law isn’t designed to help you
4. Do the “right thing” and you’re still going to jail (of shot dead by the police).

I agree here especially the first point. Being black is reason enough. All the more reason to know how to handle IMO. I mean for activity involving WS/militias, not police. Hell there's Nazis just out here proudly like it's cool.

Man I don’t even wanna get into it. Take all the damn guns there is, melt them down and rebuild our nation’s infrastructure.

I’m not hearing no type of justification. This is me speaking as a previous gun owner. This **** gotta change.

**** all that ****.

I feel you. I don't agree but I understand and respect your opinion 100%.

**** all that ****.

This country will cease to exist before any of this happens.

Literal Nazis are jumping in front of the cars of Black people and assaulting them.

I got 2 kids and I live in the South I'm doing whatever it takes to get home.

Back
Top Bottom