Has the pandemic changed your stance on mandatory vaccinations

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 86.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a minority? Do you know the history/current state of medicine as it relates to the minorities? Particularly the poor and disenfranchised Ones?

we cant trust **** pharma and this government has to offer. Especially in conjunction with each other? Hell nah. their morality is nonexistent

I will prolly still be mandated to get it but it aint ky choice.
Do you know how drug development works in America in 2020? There are many checks in place to prevent unethical and unsafe treatments from being used.

To wag your finger at a person of color for not trusting our healthcare system and government is crazy. I don’t trust anything about this country and it’s interactions with people of color especially black people. We’ve been “free” for barely 50 years the Tuskegee experiment lasted into the 70s, our federal government sanctioned murder of our leaders and experimenting us in your grandparents and more than likely parents lifetime. Donald Trump is the president of this country fam! A racist tv show host runs our country, I’m not trusting **** at this point.

Science and the intentions of those in power are two very separate things.

And? This is about a mandatory vaccine for Rona. What does that have to do with what i do during the day? Let me guess I can't not trust scientist because I brush my teeth everyday and scientists made tooth paste?

Why do you distrust THIS vaccine but trust the government on so many other things?

Do you know how drug development works in America in 2020? There are many checks in place to prevent unethical and unsafe treatments from being used.

Right like The pharma lobby just waits patiently as thier drug runs its course.
or how this coronavirus drug remdesivir can be priced at 3k for a single trial.
So many checks and balances we cant keep up. Ethics left and right

they advertising stuff on TV with side effect lists making up the bulk of the commercial

tombout side effects may include seizures, blindness, and death :lol:
People do have adverse reactions to drugs, and they are required to inform people about potential adverse reactions. You’d rather they don’t disclose this info so people can make informed decisions about what they put in their body?
Right like The pharma lobby just waits patiently as thier drug runs its course.
or how this coronavirus drug remdesivir can be priced at 3k for a single trial.
So many checks and balances we cant keep up. Ethics left and right
pricing is one thing, and a fair argument/criticism of some in the industry. However, Regarding safety and efficacy of investigational treatments there are many protections in place for patients. Generally, in 2020, To suggest otherwise isn’t really fair or true.

What does the urgency of this vaccine change compared to other vaccines? I don't really know how the R&D works for this type of thing, but I'd think there's a mad dash with a lot of great minds in the lab.

Last edited:
What does the urgency of this vaccine change compared to other vaccines? I don't really know how the R&D works for this type of thing, but I'd think there's a mad dash with the a lot of great minds in the lab.
I work in oncology, so long term survival is important endpoint for us so our studies generally last a longer time. I’ve never worked in vaccines but I’d imagine it’s much different , obviously since it’s a completely different TA. I think the questions of long term health impacts of the vaccine are fair (I’m not an md) and I’m certain that any approved vaccine will continue to be studied after approval.

People do have adverse reactions to drugs, and they are required to inform people about potential adverse reactions. You’d rather they don’t disclose this info so people can make informed decisions about what they put in their body?

I'm glad they do mainly for the reason you stated. With this coming vaccine though I'm wary because of things surrounding it from government and business proponents wanting to rush it, FDA enforcement actions dropping under trump's presidency, overall deregulation under his administration.... **** just looks funny to me. it will look even funnier if it's "mandatory".

I'm glad they do mainly for the reason you stated. With this coming vaccine though I'm wary because of things surrounding it from government and business proponents wanting to rush it, FDA enforcement actions dropping under trump's presidency, overall deregulation under his administration.... **** just looks funny to me. it will look even funnier if it's "mandatory".

It's conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxers (flat earthers too, I'm sure) saying it will be mandatory. The same tinfoil hat wearing people who think this is all a hoax created to control and chip humans. Steps to ensure safety and efficacy are not being skipped, but rather overlapped to complete trials and manufacture quickly. In fact, several vaccinations that have proven safe and effective in phase 1 & 2 trials are already being manufactured in advance of phase 3 results so that they are ready to be used or disposed if/when positive results are proven. Here's a great interview with the head of NIH that discusses it more in depth for those who care to read: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...-on-why-things-could-be-much-better-soon.html

Now if I lived in China where they skipped phase 3 and went straight to injecting the experimental vaccine into their military, I'd probably be more inclined to pass, but that's probably a place where they'd make an unsafe vaccine mandatory AND use it to track and control the herd.

To wag your finger at a person of color for not trusting our healthcare system and government is crazy. I don’t trust anything about this country and it’s interactions with people of color especially black people. We’ve been “free” for barely 50 years the Tuskegee experiment lasted into the 70s, our federal government sanctioned murder of our leaders and experimenting us in your grandparents and more than likely parents lifetime. Donald Trump is the president of this country fam! A racist tv show host runs our country, I’m not trusting **** at this point.

Science and the intentions of those in power are two very separate things.
You make a good point, and it's a good place I think to delve into this topic further.

The Tuskegee experiment (and other breaches of medical ethics) are routinely taught these days and lots of safeguards have been put in place to prevent something similar from happening again.

I'm not naive though -- I know these things could happen again. That's why I pay attention to what the experts are saying and learn as much as I can on my own. A good example of when not to trust the government -- when our president tells us to take hydroxychloroquine or tells us he doesn't need a mask or tells us that testing is the reason we're seeing so many cases of covid-19. These are things that, if you follow the experts, are all known to be false.

When/if a vaccine comes, I hope that anybody who is skeptical or afraid (or even not) can come discuss and learn about the pros and cons and how the vaccine works and what the evidence is, with reference to the experts and not some discredited quack or random facebook meme. That's a discussion worth having.

Scientist who are funded by the government...lol

There are many biotech firms around the world developing vaccines in parallel. Most of these are not funded by the US government. My sister works at one of these firms.

If you are skeptical, you can wait for others to get vaccinated first, and use the data to make your own judgement. If 99.9% of vaccinated show no serious adverse effects, then it’s very safe.

This is what scientists do too. Use historical data and logic to make decisions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom