Manny Paquiao !! Hes bringing asians back

Ive said it before and all say it again... Manny would WHuuuuup Floyd. I have total belief.
Hes just too good at this stage.
Hes proved time and time again all the naysayers wrong
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Out of curiousity what other Filipino boxers do we have when pacman decides to call it quits?
Nonito Donaire
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Updated: April 19, 2009, 10:23 AM ET

[h2]Donaire TKOs Martinez in fourth[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

MANILA, Philippines -- Filipino Nonito Donaire retained his IBF flyweight title on Sunday, stopping American challenger Raul Martinez in the fourthround.

Donaire (21-1) pummeled Martinez (24-1) with rapid punches to the head, sending him to the canvas for a fourth time in the bout before the referee stoppedthe fight 2:42 into the fourth.

"I just did what I had to do," said the 26-year-old Donaire, who had vowed not to fail the big hometown crowd at Manila's AranetaColiseum.

Donaire floored Martinez twice in the first round and once in the second. In the fourth round, Martinez took a sharp left uppercut and fell backward,prompting referee Pete Podgorski to stop the match. The Filipino crowd roared, chanting Donaire's name.

Martinez, from San Antonio, Texas, waved a Philippine flag after Donaire's victory.

Former Philippine president Joseph Estrada sat ringside and congratulated Donaire after the fight.

In another bout, American Brian Viloria (25-2) stopped Ulises Solis (28-2-2) of Mexico with a right to the jaw in the 11th round to become the new IBF lightflyweight champion.

The Hawaii-born Viloria is of Philippine ancestry. He raised his arms in triumph and shed tears as Solis lay on the canvas.

"He's not a Filipino executioner no more. It ended today," the 28-year-old Viloria said of Solis, who had defeated three Filipino fighters inthe last two years.

President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo's office said she was "ecstatic" over the victories by Donaire and Viloria, adding that Philippine boxingwas going through a "renaissance."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by arrjae

Originally Posted by theDEEK

smh.gif

at some ppl replying in this thread....

hes not bringing any asians back, hes bringing filipinos ASIANS on the rise....
evryone thinks all we're good for is nurses and amateur ball players....
grin.gif

and everyone has to stop hopping on the pacman bandwagon....
Stop denying it. And I'm Filipino.

how is he bringing back ASIANS?
where did evryone go?
i think that the chinese, japanese and koreans have been staying put....
but thats MY opinion....

do you really think that all asians are in support for him and his success?

Where's the love for Arnel Pineda?

this is a manny pacquaio thread....
but yea, arnel, super appreciated!
not a rock and roll fan , but since im pinoy, ive been hearing it from my parents, titos, titas etc...
his voice sounds like the og singer! gotta give him props!
he deserves his own thread!
laugh.gif

Anyways, I can't wait until the fight ppl think Manny has no chance. PBF vs Pacman.. It's either going to be a close fight, or Manny wins
pimp.gif
All the ppl laughing will be surprised.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

Mayweather prolly works his @$! off in the gym regardless of how cocky his outside the gym.

The thing is in real life floyd is actually down to earth....he came to get his hair cut at this barber I use to work at......he's flashy, but he is verydown to earth

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

and everyone has to stop hopping on the pacman bandwagon....
why? If I feel like supporting a great fighter, what does that make me?
Because when they make the Mayweather v. Pacman fight dudes that just hopped on the Pacquiao bandwagon are going to be everywhere talking trash about how he is going to kill Floyd when all they really know about Manny is what they read off of wikipedia. There is nothing wrong with supporting a great fighter but all these new fans are going to try to fake like they actually know something about boxing.

exactly!
thanks MikeTysontheKiller !
i was just about to say that....
i know you know about boxing becasue of your SN...
ive been supporting pacquaio since day 1!

and as of the 'money' mayweather fight....
its going all rounds baby! and mannys going to take the W!
evryone said he was going to lose against oscar b/c he couldnt keep up w/ him, and those same ppl said that the hatton fight was going to be close....
look what happened....
happy.gif
I hope you were being sarcastic because you acting like a real !+#%% in this thread.

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

Mayweather prolly works his @$! off in the gym regardless of how cocky his outside the gym.

The thing is in real life floyd is actually down to earth....he came to get his hair cut at this barber I use to work at......he's flashy, but he is very down to earth

word??? Im just going off what I see......

The thing is in real life floyd is actually down to earth....he came to get his hair cut at this barber I use to work at......he's flashy, but he is very down to earth

It just proves that once the camera's are on......action!

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

He's bringin Filipinos back

Other types of asians fall back, get your own hero.

PS, you know you didn't follow pacman from day one. Just admit you hopped the bandwagon like all of us, nothin wrong with that, welcome to the family.
Bringing Filipinos back?
roll.gif

Where did we go in the first place?

Funny thing is, Manny is one of the most respectable and humble people in the world, especially even being put on a pedestal by his fans. Some of this nonsenseI'm hearing from fellow fans, far from humble and respectable.

yeah floyd is a real dude.....my patna wants to be a boxer and floyd gave him good advice....and took pics with everybody.....but I can'tfront dude drove all 3 of his whips up to the barber shop
laugh.gif
he had ahummer, a ferrari, and I think bently bruh friend said he was hungry he gave this guy 200 dollars to get something to eat
eek.gif
laugh.gif
....but besides being flashy he is cool......I guess he act a certain way when the camera is rolling

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

He's bringin Filipinos back

Other types of asians fall back, get your own hero.

PS, you know you didn't follow pacman from day one. Just admit you hopped the bandwagon like all of us, nothin wrong with that, welcome to the family.
Bringing Filipinos back?
roll.gif

Where did we go in the first place?

Funny thing is, Manny is one of the most respectable and humble people in the world, especially even being put on a pedestal by his fans. Some of this nonsense I'm hearing from fellow fans, far from humble and respectable.
you're right, we never went anywhere....damn.

exactly!

evryone said he was going to lose against oscar b/c he couldnt keep up w/ him, and those same ppl said that the hatton fight was going to be close....
look what happened....
happy.gif
I hope you were being sarcastic because you acting like a real !+#%% in this thread.

a real ____?
how do you figure?

exactly!

look what happened....
happy.gif

a real ____?
how do you figure?
It ain't hard to tell

Julio cesar chavez jr called out manny and oscar. hes not ready but in due time i think he will be great just like his father

ps. manny's never fought someone a fast as he is like floyd. and floyd has excellent defense and is a great counter puncher which mannys had trouble within the past(ie marquez)

exactly!

look what happened....
happy.gif

a real ____?
how do you figure?
It ain't hard to tell
Exactly. "He's Filipino. FILIPINO. NOT ASIAN. ASIANS AREN'T ON THE COME UP ONLY FILIPINOS ARRRRRRR."

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

floyd will beat this guy *#%......I like manny but floyd has great defense......and um asains were never in when it came to boxing
I thought Filipinos were the ones who introduced the style of boxing we know today? Pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong.

edit: And there were many great Filipino boxers before Manny, but they just aren't recognized.
filipino is asain ?????

last time I check boxing has been dominated by itialians, blacks, russians, latinos, and I would say a few irish men
indifferent.gif

you really that dumb?
are you really that lame ?............
indifferent.gif

Lol. The bickering in this thread is ridiculous.

Pac man did his thing. Nice win and thanks for posting the fight OP
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Imagine the swag boost y'all would get if he beats Mayweather...
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Forreal...the swag for asians is most def. on the rise right now...that'd be the peak...

this reminds me of that Eddie Murphy Raw stand up...when dude was talking about how the Italians just seen Rocky and were acting hella hard
roll.gif

This thread became real stupid real fast - thats why I love NT

I posted the vid cause I thought ppl would want to see it, and I didnt know NT even has a sports forum, General FTW.

I been watching Paquiao from day one, I dont care if he Filipino, dude looks like my fam.

Bruce Lee died before his time, Jet-li is not allowed to talk in his movies, recently all asians been know for is ABDC..... Paquiao is the TRUTH !!

/ thread

Back
Top Bottom