Manual Transmission is overrated!

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

MR MONDAY NIIGHT wrote:

TrueshotAura wrote:

MR MONDAY NIIGHT wrote:

TrueshotAura wrote:

Automatics are for women
so what if i pull up next to you in a srt charger?
grin.gif

?

Some of the fastest cars are auto.

laugh.gif
some people like going fast in something other than a straight line.
embarassed.gif

AMG
pimp.gif

i made a thread like this but i wanted to kno some things about a manual

i like auto but i really need to kno how to drive a manny with the quickness

Living in NY IMO manual is just not practical, if you love it that much more power to you, but with the way traffic is around here to me its just a hassleunless you have the option to own an auto and a manual car.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

its harder to eat and drink while your driving though , especially in traffic but if you good like me , you can do that!!!
laugh.gif
In all of my years of driving, even in my old beater...I can never bring myself to eat inside the car while driving.

i mean if your madd hungey off course your gonna do it...i dont have time to eat so i eat on the road..not to mention my truck is standerd so it makes it a lil difficult but i got use to it!!!....my first car was a 1994 honda prelude v-teck manual...tried to sell it 3 months later some catz stoled it in front of my house at midnight..
mad.gif
V-teck huh?
laugh.gif

When I'm super hungry, I go find a place to eat and I'll be satisfied when I get back in the car. I would rather find the 15-30 mins to enjoy a meal rather than multi tasking in the car and A. worry about getting the interior dirty and B. not focusing completely on the road.

laugh.gif
dudes really get aggy over that k huh?

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Living in NY IMO manual is just not practical, if you love it that much more power to you, but with the way traffic is around here to me its just a hassle unless you have the option to own an auto and a manual car.
QFT. My brother would have a heart attack every time he hit the cross bronx. i started learning manual but my brother sold his car.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Quit driving Civic Si's, drive a real car with some power.
pimp.gif
You don't need to drive a fast car for it to be a fun. A Civic or NSX-R is the perfect example of that. A lot more exciting that say, an auto Z or G.

Fixed
but that auto z/g 35 will be faster tho, regardless if u double clutch / clutch kick that rsx POS.

I've never driven a stick...if I was getting a "sport" car I'd get manual.

But I've don't hate on auto like many others.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

For me its gotta be a manual... the only way to go for me...

Furthermore, its gotta be one with a clutch... none of that semi-auto, flappy-paddle ******'s...
Naw bruh.

Paddle shifting FTW.
pimp.gif
It's like playing a videogame.

Living in NY IMO manual is just not practical, if you love it that much more power to you, but with the way traffic is around here to me its just a hassle unless you have the option to own an auto and a manual car.

actually, i have some friends that drive manuals in NYC..

..specifically to reduce the chance of their car being stolen.
laugh.gif

R35's are not manual and best believe there taking out most cars on the street, but thats cuz the ****** and tiptronic on that is serious, some of the newvw's and audi's use DSG and it has a faster 0-60 time then their manuals, but my next car is going to be a manual, and my last car was a 04 tl auto,the sport shift on that was nice but not as nice if it were manual..

Originally Posted by 255forLife

actually, i have some friends that drive manuals in NYC..

..specifically to reduce the chance of their car being stolen.
laugh.gif
I think your more likely to get your car stolen if you have a Manual then a Auto in NYC, coming from a Uptown/Bronx perspective, Hondas are ano-no unless you putting it in a garage.

I'd take a manual transmission most of the time but there are moments when having an auto is appreciated

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

R35's are not manual and best believe there taking out most cars on the street, but thats cuz the ****** and tiptronic on that is serious, some of the new vw's and audi's use DSG and it has a faster 0-60 time then their manuals, but my next car is going to be a manual, and my last car was a 04 tl auto, the sport shift on that was nice but not as nice if it were manual..
R35's are not tiptronic...they have Dual Clutch Transmission. Often called DSG like you said, or DCT by others (Nissan GT-R). It has twoclutches I believe. One to engage gears 1,3,5 and the other for gears 2,4,6 or some %%@.

I really feel that dual clutch is going to be the future, and a regular 6 speed manual stick will become the option. Although manual stick is more fuelefficient than regular autos, it has been proven that DSG's are even more fuel efficient than the manual stick.

There is a big difference between DSG and tiptronic. DSG is basically a manual with the option to put it in auto mode. Tiptronic is a gimmickbasically...computer set gears (Usually can't reach the redline etc.)

Originally Posted by ralphsody

the charger srt8 only comes auto, NO?
yea it is fast..

In 08 it was auto's only. But in 09 there's an option which costs more than the base price. Like I brought up above...this will be the new trend. Lesspeople are driving stick therefore it will become an added cost for someone that really wants one.

AMG's is the only cars that I can think of that are strict autos.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Yeah, manual aint for me. Rather used the other hand to fondle the random chick in the passenger seat

Good point.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Originally Posted by SinnerP

For me its gotta be a manual... the only way to go for me...

Furthermore, its gotta be one with a clutch... none of that semi-auto, flappy-paddle ******'s...
3 pedals = manual. Anything else is automatic.
Ummmm no. It aint that cut and dry. A SMG is NOT an automatic, it just has a electrohydraulic mechanism that engages the clutch for you.

That is correct. SMG is the name BMW uses for dual clutch trans I believe. If I am wrong I will be corrected...this is NT.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

I give props to anyone who can roll while manual shifting. I saw this done once in HS when i used to do idiotic things like
pimp.gif
. It's hard enough to roll while driving auto, but manual
eek.gif
. I go either-or, but I'd probably take a semi-auto over a pure manual these days.
You're talking about rolling blunts right? I pride myself in being able to flip an L while driving my auto but I don't see how that'spossible driving a stick.
eek.gif

people driving slow behind you after a red light while driving manual FTW

move!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom