Married NTers and those living with their girls please chime in Vol. Women Vs Shoes

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Has she always griped about your spending habits or is it new? If it's unlike her maybe something else is bothering her. Have a talk with her and if anything compromise. At least shell know youre listening to her concerns. Oh and preface it all with a little something from Tiffany & Co. Most of us are suckers for that little blue box
laugh.gif
i just dropped 300$ on that silver charm bracelet the other day, I would never understand what girls find so cool about it 
laugh.gif

i guess thats the same way she was looking at me like an idiot when I showed her how the Cheech's tear away and reveal and underlying layer which resembles marijuana....

she literally stonefaced me and walked out the car.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bilbo07

since youre married im sure its not as easy to just flat out say what you do with the money is up to you. just compromise. instead of two paris a week, do one. but make her cut back on things she likes to spend money on too.
why not when he takes care of mortgage and bills?

Has she always griped about your spending habits or is it new? If it's unlike her maybe something else is bothering her. Have a talk with her and if anything compromise. At least shell know youre listening to her concerns. Oh and preface it all with a little something from Tiffany & Co. Most of us are suckers for that little blue box
laugh.gif
i just dropped 300$ on that silver charm bracelet the other day, I would never understand what girls find so cool about it 
laugh.gif

i guess thats the same way she was looking at me like an idiot when I showed her how the Cheech's tear away and reveal and underlying layer which resembles marijuana....

she literally stonefaced me and walked out the car.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Isn't this the same chick you said doesn't work? Yeah, the last thing she should be nagging you about is finances... 

oh that changes everything....send your lovely wifey to da store next time she tells you something like that.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Isn't this the same chick you said doesn't work? Yeah, the last thing she should be nagging you about is finances... 

oh that changes everything....send your lovely wifey to da store next time she tells you something like that.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

since youre married im sure its not as easy to just flat out say what you do with the money is up to you. just compromise. instead of two paris a week, do one. but make her cut back on things she likes to spend money on too.
the whole whats mine is yours and whats yours is mine takes REAL meaning once she has that ring on her finger, would be cool if she was making more than me though 
laugh.gif
 hopefully after grad school.

the whole whats mine is yours and whats yours is mine takes REAL meaning once she has that ring on her finger, would be cool if she was making more than me though 
laugh.gif

Buying stuff is cool, but you don't HAVE to buy everything that you want. I mean 500 every 2 weeks is alot, if you saved that cash and invested wisely, you could retire much earlier. That's an extra 1000 bucks every month, which translates to $12,000 a year.

Be smart with cash. When you have lots of it it's easy to get carried away and buy everything you want, but you got to remember the times when money wasn't so easy and you had to work more.

Buying stuff is cool, but you don't HAVE to buy everything that you want. I mean 500 every 2 weeks is alot, if you saved that cash and invested wisely, you could retire much earlier. That's an extra 1000 bucks every month, which translates to $12,000 a year.

Be smart with cash. When you have lots of it it's easy to get carried away and buy everything you want, but you got to remember the times when money wasn't so easy and you had to work more.

laugh.gif
cheech tearaways? Sounds like something that would have been up my alley. I don't understand the charm thing but I do love some of their pieces. Their terribly overpriced pieces
30t6p3b.gif
I want something from the lock collection though. And my Elsa peretti ring looks great after 6 years of daily wear so that's something. I'm a sucker for material goods and it wouldn't be a good thing if my husband wasn't cool with my habits. He tends to encourage it, when I'm able to indulge myself that is. Although I do think he gets tired of listening to me go on a tear about purses
30t6p3b.gif
I try to keep it to a minimum though. But then I hang around on tpf too much and then it's the issue of wasting too much time on the internet lol

laugh.gif
cheech tearaways? Sounds like something that would have been up my alley. I don't understand the charm thing but I do love some of their pieces. Their terribly overpriced pieces
30t6p3b.gif
I want something from the lock collection though. And my Elsa peretti ring looks great after 6 years of daily wear so that's something. I'm a sucker for material goods and it wouldn't be a good thing if my husband wasn't cool with my habits. He tends to encourage it, when I'm able to indulge myself that is. Although I do think he gets tired of listening to me go on a tear about purses
30t6p3b.gif
I try to keep it to a minimum though. But then I hang around on tpf too much and then it's the issue of wasting too much time on the internet lol

Oh and preface it all with a little something from Tiffany & Co. Most of us are suckers for that little blue box
laugh.gif
Not sure if serious.

How does bribing one solve anything? If one's opinion is swayed just from the purchase of something like jewelry, then they weren't strongly advocating for whatever they claimed in the first place.

Oh and preface it all with a little something from Tiffany & Co. Most of us are suckers for that little blue box
laugh.gif
Not sure if serious.

How does bribing one solve anything? If one's opinion is swayed just from the purchase of something like jewelry, then they weren't strongly advocating for whatever they claimed in the first place.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif
yeah i understand that, it's a marriage now...everything has to be talked over....well things that are costing a nice sum of money anyway.

like someone else has said, I think it could be NT in itself lol........I'm sure when I finally settle down, heck my woman of choice will probably have a problem with me being on this site as well..I could see it now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif
yeah i understand that, it's a marriage now...everything has to be talked over....well things that are costing a nice sum of money anyway.

like someone else has said, I think it could be NT in itself lol........I'm sure when I finally settle down, heck my woman of choice will probably have a problem with me being on this site as well..I could see it now
laugh.gif

If it doesnt conflict with the other necessities you have to take care of...I see no problem

Extra cash is there to spend on what you want to spend it on

If it doesnt conflict with the other necessities you have to take care of...I see no problem

Extra cash is there to spend on what you want to spend it on

Just keep buying, if you have everything covered and ONLY if you have enough money put away for emergencies you are fine. I've seen tons of your shoes and I know for a fact if worse came to worse and you had to sell you could easily make a couple of stacks. The day when you sit there and look at them all and think "why the f do I have all these shoes I never wear?" Is the day you get out. Whats the point of working hard if you can't enjoy it?

That's why I asked if it's a new thing and maybe it's something else bothering her and she's just lashing out. And it was on the tongue in cheek side, given his previous spoilings of her. Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you

That's why I asked if it's a new thing and maybe it's something else bothering her and she's just lashing out. And it was on the tongue in cheek side, given his previous spoilings of her. Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you

Just keep buying, if you have everything covered and ONLY if you have enough money put away for emergencies you are fine. I've seen tons of your shoes and I know for a fact if worse came to worse and you had to sell you could easily make a couple of stacks. The day when you sit there and look at them all and think "why the f do I have all these shoes I never wear?" Is the day you get out. Whats the point of working hard if you can't enjoy it?

The key to staying happy in a  marriage is having a spouse that loves you for who you were before the vows were exchanged.
And judging by your posts there's no doubt that she does.  The issue that your wife has is your habit of spending $1000 a month
on excess, not that you are buying shoes with it.  Your habit is a threat to her financial security which is so important in a marriage.
Marriage is a lifetime team commitment, and she's trying to help you make the best decision over the long run for your team.
Consider her feelings, and take some time to enjoy the things that you already have.  You'll cut back on shoe buying, make the Mrs.
happy, and have a lot more money in your pocket for meaningful purchases down the road without even trying.

The key to staying happy in a  marriage is having a spouse that loves you for who you were before the vows were exchanged.
And judging by your posts there's no doubt that she does.  The issue that your wife has is your habit of spending $1000 a month
on excess, not that you are buying shoes with it.  Your habit is a threat to her financial security which is so important in a marriage.
Marriage is a lifetime team commitment, and she's trying to help you make the best decision over the long run for your team.
Consider her feelings, and take some time to enjoy the things that you already have.  You'll cut back on shoe buying, make the Mrs.
happy, and have a lot more money in your pocket for meaningful purchases down the road without even trying.

Back
Top Bottom