WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I think you underrated gotg1

There’s a lot of things I hate about Guardians of the Galaxy but nothing from the film amounts to this final scene right here. I legit walked out the theater on opening night during this. It wasn’t until a few weeks later until I watched the ending scene with Baby Groot dancing on a pirated copy just to say I saw the film the whole way through. I couldn’t believe this was the follow up to Captain America: The Winter Soldier and then to add insult to injury it made more money than it too. Audiences were eating this bull **** up. It wasn’t until Star Wars: The Last Jedi 3 years later that a film could top the disappointment I felt watching a film that I was so feverishly anticipating but I will never forget how hard I rolled my eyes when the film had gotten to this low point. A dance contest to distract a villain who up until the point had been the high point of the movie. And then the heroes hold hands to defeat him? :sick: Hot ****ing mess.

I don’t mind gotg1 at all. I’m curious though Peter was able to hold one of the infinity stones as a mortal. The second show though explained that he was part god though right?

Last edited:
Can I just reiterate how much of a 180 James Gunn pulled with Guardians of the Galaxy vs Guardians of the Galaxy 2? I DESPISE Guardians of the Galaxy 1. The whole film tries too hard to make the characters likeable and imbue emotion amongst this rag tag team that Marvel themselves barely care about. Guardians 2 though?? They allow the characters to have more personality and the humor and emotion come more natural as a result. Yondu dying becomes a tear jerker. This is easily one of the best scenes in the MCU. From Micheal Rooker’s emphatic claim of being Mary Poppins to Pom Klementieff selling the hell out of being hit by an asteroid and Dave Bautista constantly looking like he has no idea what’s going. Karen Gillan however EASILY steals the group pan with the improv nose snuff and looking into the camera :lol: just beautiful. I’m ranking it above the Avengers group pan. Bravo James Gunn.

Bro!

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 was a good movie, great. Very very solid film. No real issues with it

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is a BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF ART. I swear the average human being cannot comprehend that movie, the visuals are out of this world, the humor and the characters are some of the best I've seen in the MCU. I will live and die by that movie.

Everyone can agree that part 1 was a solid film and deserves respect, but part is either people don't like it that much or a brilliant masterpiece. It's ridiculously polarizing

I don’t mind gotg1 at all. I’m curious though Peter was able to hold one of the infinity stones as a mortal. The second shoe though explained that he was part god though right?

Yes he’s part “celestial”...don’t know why Marvel did that with Ego and then made Quill his son but it added to the emotional beat of the film. Snake Plisskin’s acting in the film is vastly underrated as well.

Reactions: ARK
Iron-Man-Spider-Man-Be-Like-Captain-America.jpg

Alright, which one you scumbag colonizer virgin America stans did this?
Why the virgin America slander
I like flying virgin airlines

The whole Guardians 1 thing being better than Guardians 2 is just people being a slave to the first time. It’s the exact same reason why people “prefer” Avengers 1 over AoU. There is nothing in Guardians 1 that is more eye catching from a movie perspective than the Guardians battling the obelisk. Like Rocket Raccoon is not only shooting a gun, he has a ****ing jet pack on. Same with AoU. There is nothing in Avengers 1 that is more eye catching than the opening scene in AoU. You ask everyone what there favorite Avengers scene is and the say the group fighting montage. AoU gives you that scene on cocaine within the first 1 minute of the movie but replaces the Transformers: Dark of the Moon back drop with a snowy Forrest in Eastern Europe. People :smh:

I liked guardians 1 better.. It was more fun, music's playing more from his mix tape, lots of joking around, guardians 2 felt more serious. I liked both movies, but 1 better.

The whole Guardians 1 thing being better than Guardians 2 is just people being a slave to the first time. It’s the exact same reason why people “prefer” Avengers 1 over AoU. There is nothing in Guardians 1 that is more eye catching from a movie perspective than the Guardians battling the obelisk. Like Rocket Raccoon is not only shooting a gun, he has a ****ing jet pack on. Same with AoU. There is nothing in Avengers 1 that is more eye catching than the opening scene in AoU. You ask everyone what there favorite Avengers scene is and the say the group fighting montage. AoU gives you that scene on cocaine within the first 1 minute of the movie but replaces the Transformers: Dark of the Moon back drop with a snowy Forrest in Eastern Europe. People :smh:
There's more to a movie than what's "eye" catching" though..... but you raise a good point.

Back
Top Bottom