Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers: LAC Advances 4-3

Originally Posted by PMatic

We can complain about the flopping all we want, but one team has a superstar and the other team doesn't.

That's the difference in this series.

this. and for all of the hate rudy gay has been getting in this thread, he's been the one making the big shots in the 4th qtr for memphis (along with Conley)

not Randolph. not Gasol.

The NBA has just evolved into a league where players complain after every call...stare down officials, complain about getting hacked if they miss a dunk or lay up, etc.  15 years ago it was unacceptable to not get back on defense for arguing with an official.  

I am curious to see what people think the NBA should do to clean up the game?  What can they do....fine players for flopping?  Give players technicals for flopping? 

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

And that is not my logic...my logic is if the Clippers are getting all of the calls, can someone tell me what the free throw discrepancy is for the series?  It should heavily be in favor of LA right? 
30t6p3b.gif

i dont get how you guys arent understanding this?
when you look at the box score, yes there isnt much of a discrepancy.  but memphis is playing physical ball trying to get near the hoop and getting calls due to their aggressiveness.  the clippers are getting free throws due to flopping.

These sorry clippers are running into players on offense and trying to get the call.  It worked once when blake ran straight into haddadi when he didnt even see blake and of course the foul was called for blake.  the other when speights had the ball mo ran straight into him and fell and speights just laughed at him
laugh.gif
. Mo didnt get the call.

And to get back to the FT discrepancy,  the flopping sometimes is so bad the refs do in fact give the call to grizzlies which then add to your free throw total.

simple stuff here guy, just think about it.

Memphis playing physical ball?  OJ Mayo is jacking up trey balls from anywhere behind the line like he is Novak.  All of Blake's points have come in the paint.  The Clippers are shooting a horrendous percentage at the stripe. 

Memphis fans cannot face the fact that their team has blown this series....squandered opportunities.  You blow a 25+ point lead in the playoffs?  Look in the mirror, that is where the blame lies. 

I am not a Memphis nor a Clippers fan....I just like to watch good Basketball. I like players on both teams.  I like all the former UConn and Wizard players so I am indifferent, I just laugh at "fans" always using the referees as a crutch when their teams lose. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I swear, you can't freaking touch Paul or Griffith, and they can do whatever they want.

Disgusting.

Chris Paul on the floor?

Oh.

kvsm23vs24:
Speights with horrible possession.
First he gave it away and then didn't take the charge or foul????
roll.gif

roll.gif
It was Griffin. Speights knew he had 2 options, and only 2 options: get posterized something fierce, or get a blocking call.

Taking a charge isn't an option; it was Griffin.

rck2sactown:
well if he tried to take a charge he probably woulda got posterized anyways and [color=#ff0010y]DEFINITELY would have[/color] sent Griffin to the line [color=#ff0010y]... because it's Griffin[/color] 
laugh.gif
Fixed

I can't take it anymore; I'm keeping count of the amount of times a Clipper or Grizzly flails arms, is on the floor, or stares a ref down.

W/ 10 to go in the 3rd.

FLAIL:
Clippers- 1
Grizzlies- 

FLOOR:
Clippers- 1
Grizzlies- 

STARE:
Clippers- 
Grizzlies-

FLAIL:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies- 

FLOOR:
Clippers- 1
Grizzlies- 1

STARE:
Clippers- 1
Grizzlies-

And now adjusted to accurately depict the game before this point:

FLAIL:
Clippers- 2,381
Grizzlies- 3

FLOOR:
Clippers- 1,619
Grizzlies- 2

STARE:
Clippers- *infinity symbol*
Grizzlies- 2

FLAIL:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies- 

FLOOR:
Clippers- 3
Grizzlies- 1

STARE:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies-

FLAIL:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies- 

FLOOR:
Clippers- 4
Grizzlies- 2

STARE:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies-

It HAS to hurt Blake how much he's on the floor. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

*edit* And as I type that, he hits the deck as Nick Young hits a 3. 
laugh.gif

Clippers are going to flop to win the game.

Tied 85 right now, Clippers ball. They're going to go inside, flop, get sent to the line either for an and-1 or 2 FTs, then flop on the defensive end to take the ball out of Memphis' hands.

JUS3:
Blake Griffin plays like a damn +!+$@. It's *%$$ annoying man.
It really is. I swear the only people who don't see this are Clipper fans.

CP3 court awareness is unbelievable; knows where the refs are at ALL times.

Eyes in the back of his head. 
smokin.gif

Griffin pushes Gasol in the back... foul on Gasol. Blake to the line.

Oh.

CP3 honestly and truly expects to never, ever be touched.

Ever. 
laugh.gif

SA bout to beat the BRAKES off these dudes. 
smokin.gif

Ginobili's far better at CP360's style of play. 
laugh.gif
Oh.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

I swear, you can't freaking touch Paul or Griffith, and they can do whatever they want.

Disgusting.

Chris Paul on the floor?

Oh.

kvsm23vs24:
Speights with horrible possession.
First he gave it away and then didn't take the charge or foul????
roll.gif

roll.gif
It was Griffin. Speights knew he had 2 options, and only 2 options: get posterized something fierce, or get a blocking call.

Taking a charge isn't an option; it was Griffin.

rck2sactown:
well if he tried to take a charge he probably woulda got posterized anyways and DEFINITELY would have sent Griffin to the line ... because it's Griffin 
laugh.gif
Fixed

I can't take it anymore; I'm keeping count of the amount of times a Clipper or Grizzly flails arms, is on the floor, or stares a ref down.

W/ 10 to go in the 3rd.

FLAIL:
Clippers- 1
Grizzlies- 

FLOOR:
Clippers- 1
Grizzlies- 

STARE:
Clippers- 
Grizzlies-

FLAIL:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies- 

FLOOR:
Clippers- 1
Grizzlies- 1

STARE:
Clippers- 1
Grizzlies-

And now adjusted to accurately depict the game before this point:

FLAIL:
Clippers- 2,381
Grizzlies- 3

FLOOR:
Clippers- 1,619
Grizzlies- 2

STARE:
Clippers- *infinity symbol*
Grizzlies- 2

FLAIL:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies- 

FLOOR:
Clippers- 3
Grizzlies- 1

STARE:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies-

FLAIL:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies- 

FLOOR:
Clippers- 4
Grizzlies- 2

STARE:
Clippers- 2
Grizzlies-

It HAS to hurt Blake how much he's on the floor. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

*edit* And as I type that, he hits the deck as Nick Young hits a 3. 
laugh.gif

Clippers are going to flop to win the game.

Tied 85 right now, Clippers ball. They're going to go inside, flop, get sent to the line either for an and-1 or 2 FTs, then flop on the defensive end to take the ball out of Memphis' hands.

JUS3:
Blake Griffin plays like a damn +!+$@. It's *%$$ annoying man.
It really is. I swear the only people who don't see this are Clipper fans.

CP3 court awareness is unbelievable; knows where the refs are at ALL times.

Eyes in the back of his head. 
smokin.gif

Griffin pushes Gasol in the back... foul on Gasol. Blake to the line.

Oh.

CP3 honestly and truly expects to never, ever be touched.

Ever. 
laugh.gif

SA bout to beat the BRAKES off these dudes. 
smokin.gif

Ginobili's far better at CP360's style of play. 
laugh.gif
Oh.
Damn, obsessed much?  Kind of funny how last season Ska was talking about Blake moving "accross the hall" when his Clippers contract is up, but now treats Griffin like public enemy number 1.   

laugh.gif
 What I don't get is this cat has a lot of analysis obviously by being glued to the TV set and watching Clippers basketball but he said this though... 
23ska909red02 wrote:

I can't get w/ the way the Clippers play. Sorry. It's not because they're the team across the hall; promise. It's because their brand is painful to watch. 

Painful to watch but you're tracking flails and stare downs?  Can you explain yourself?  Is it just pure hatred?  

Flopping is not against the rules, guys.

You might as well be complaining about guys stepping on a sticky mat or a bench player using a stationary bike.

Deal with it.

Clippers are getting smashed in the next round. You can't run from the basketball god. There's a reason why they have been the laughing stock of the NBA for the past 30 years

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

You might as well be complaining about guys stepping on a sticky mat or a bench player using a stationary bike.

Deal with it.

We know its not against the rules but it's disgracing the sport IMO. It makes the players, the refs and league all look like fools.

It should be against the rules. Players should be fined massively for this crap.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Clippers are getting smashed in the next round. You can't run from the basketball god. There's a reason why they have been the laughing stock of the NBA for the past 30 years

In those 30 years when did they have a pure point guard that can take over a game whenever he decides to, a big that averages 20/10, and crafty veterans with tons of leadership?  I am waiting because I have been watching Clippers basketball since the Manning era so please enlighten us with your answer.  
And smashed like a sweep?  Well that is entirely possible considering the Spurs are playing at a high level currently.  I am sure Vegas odds are heavily stack on the Spurs winning the series but they still need to play the games right?  

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Deal with it.

We know its not against the rules but it's disgracing the sport IMO. It makes the players, the refs and league all look like fools.

It should be against the rules. Players should be fined massively for this crap.

I agree but that's just our OPINION isn't it?  The NBA should have stopped flopping when Divac reinvented it with the Lakers.  Now it's a whole another beast with the dramatic acting and ridiculous flailing to the ground. 
So tell me should NBA players, including players like Lebron, DWade, P Gasol, Barnes, CP3, Blake, Manu, Battier, Fisher, stop flopping even though they know how to use it to their advantage?  

Or maybe, assuming we make it to the next round, if we lose, it will be because the Spurs are a really good team with a lot playoff experience and the best coach currently working in the NBA.  The "basketball god" will have nothing to do with it.

lawdog1 wrote:
Damn, obsessed much?  Kind of funny how last season Ska was talking about Blake moving "accross the hall" when his Clippers contract is up, but now treats Griffin like public enemy number 1.     
Ska has way too much time on his hands obviously
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

We can complain about the flopping all we want, but one team has a superstar and the other team doesn't.

Thread and people saying Rondo is the best PG in the league.
rondo is the best PG in the league right now.  
and rondo doesnt flop and is much tougher than paul 

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Thread and people saying Rondo is the best PG in the league.
rondo is the best PG in the league right now.  
and rondo doesnt flop and is much tougher than paul 
rajon-rondo-1.jpg

ec2c32ce-a987-4225-a451-21308fdb5410.jpg

Rondo not tougher than Paul. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom