Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers: LAC Advances 4-3

This thread is pure comedy
laugh.gif

You got the obsessed moderator who can't see the irony in everything he is saying.  If he paid as much attention to his own team as he does to the Clippers, he would make a post to point out every time Pau Gasol screaming AYE! aka verbal flops or when Kobe throws air punches at the refs when he thinks he got fouled
laugh.gif

Then you have the colony of temporary Grizz d-riders, who are so upset that the Clippers are up in the series, because they were so sure the physical Grizz would "expose" how soft the Clippers are, while the actual Grizz fans are keeping it real and realizing that they have missed opportunities which would have had them being the ones up 3-1.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Flopping is not against the rules, guys.

You might as well be complaining about guys stepping on a sticky mat or a bench player using a stationary bike.

Deal with it.

We know its not against the rules but it's disgracing the sport IMO. It makes the players, the refs and league all look like fools.

It should be against the rules. Players should be fined massively for this crap.

I agree but that's just our OPINION isn't it?  The NBA should have stopped flopping when Divac reinvented it with the Lakers. Now it's a whole another beast with the dramatic acting and ridiculous flailing to the ground.
So tell me should NBA players, including players like Lebron, DWade, P Gasol, Barnes, CP3, Blake, Manu, Battier, Fisher, stop flopping even though they know how to use it to their advantage?

Yes I think they should stop doing it. Again this is my opinion, but I believe that doing all that crap is disrespecting the game. It's making EVERYBODY involved look terrible. From Stern all the way to the players. Tryus Thomas got kicked out of a game because the defender flopped just a few weeks ago. EJECTED out of a game because of a flop. It's a disgrace.

I can't find the slomo of this but his elbows did not touch him AT ALL but he flopped and they called this a flagrant 2 foul. I don't even care for the bobcats(does anybody?) but this is a disgrace to the game. I don't care for the clippers or the Grizz but this *%#* has got stop.
30t6p3b.gif
It has to.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Those looks the players gave the refs really changed the entire outcome of the game. Damn!
LOL.

Watching Caron score the first 8 or so points for the Clips on practically one arm was crazy. Can't say enough on how tough he is.

We definitely have to close this out on Wednesday. Can't get too comfortable with any kind of series lead, especially against a team like Memphis.

BTW, I just read that there were a few former Clippers in attendance for last night's game, including Mobley, Livingston, Lamond Murray and Keith Closs, who was said to be wearing his own jersey
laugh.gif
. Pretty Neat.

I was watching the Tyrus Thomas play on Singleton live on CSN...It looked like his elbow grazed his nose.  I know Singleton was on a 10 day contract, but I'm not sure if he overexaggerated the hit or was just caught off guard. 

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Those looks the players gave the refs really changed the entire outcome of the game. Damn!
LOL.

Watching Caron score the first 8 or so points for the Clips on practically one arm was crazy. Can't say enough on how tough he is.

We definitely have to close this out on Wednesday. Can't get too comfortable with any kind of series lead, especially against a team like Memphis.

BTW, I just read that there were a few former Clippers in attendance for last night's game, including Mobley, Livingston, Lamond Murray and Keith Closs, who was said to be wearing his own jersey
laugh.gif
. Pretty Neat.
2nakz92.jpg

boss closs
pimp.gif

I don't know if that's a good thing are a bad thing.  People not ashamed to rep the Clippers anymore I see.  Livingston had that nasty knee injury...who knows what he could have done. 

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

lawdog1 wrote:
Damn, obsessed much?  Kind of funny how last season Ska was talking about Blake moving "accross the hall" when his Clippers contract is up, but now treats Griffin like public enemy number 1.     
Ska has way too much time on his hands obviously
laugh.gif

Ska is threatened by the Clippers... His laker G-string is starting to ride up his *** and now he's releasing his frustrations out on the clippers... Dude is one of the main reasons why I barely go in the Laker season/playoff thread anymore.

Can't wait til the Battle of LA come WCF
devil.gif

SunDOOBIE:
23ska909red02:

I can't get w/ the way the Clippers play. Sorry. It's not because they're the team across the hall; promise. It's because their brand is painful to watch. 
Painful to watch but you're tracking flails and stare downs?  Can you explain yourself?
I have. Y'all are just trying to spin it into something that it's not, make it worse than it is, or both. I don't like the way the Clippers play; no, I hate it. That's all it is.

I think it's ironic that some of you guys are so focused on me while scoffing at how focused I am on the Clippers.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Got a dude in here searching my every reply and quoting them, like that's something that jut takes a couple seconds.
laugh.gif
Like I'm just sitting there watching the game, make a post, back to the game. But for someone to go through and find all those replies, stack 'em all up?
eek.gif
Worrisome. Didn't know I was that important to you.
smokin.gif
("Ummmmm, well, apparently the Clippers are real important to you." Yes, they are so important to me that I post about them while they're playing a game I'm viewing.
laugh.gif
)
SunDOOBIE:
Is it just pure hatred?
For the way they play, yes. Them? No.

PAIDNFULL23:
laugh.gif

You got the obsessed moderator who can't see the irony in everything he is saying.  If he paid as much attention to his own team as he does to the Clippers, he would make a post to point out every time Pau Gasol screaming AYE! aka verbal flops or when Kobe throws air punches at the refs when he thinks he got fouled
laugh.gif

Verbal flops, though?!
roll.gif
Making UP ways to make it seem equal.
laugh.gif

My dude said verbal flops.
laugh.gif

mjshoefanatic:
15oi4ht.jpg

Dang, then it's a few people in here that either see me as a threat, hate themselves, or want to be me. Got you, this Moon dude, P MAC, erupt, Doobie... all w/ nothing but Ska on they minds.
laugh.gif
And the funny thing is, I'm not even CLOOOOOSE to the only one going at the Clips. Not. Even. CLOSE.
laugh.gif
Folks out there making 'Floppers' signs and what not, fans of teams OTHER than the Lakers posting about how hard it is to watch these dudes flop when even a ref touches them... but I got 'Administrator' under my name, so I'm y'all's target. I gotcha.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

this dude wore his old jersey to the game?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I was at the game waiting to get a drink at the bar and saw people crowding around Closs.  I had to do a double take when I saw him wearing his own jersey.  Classic.

reminds me of a story my buddy told me.  He said he was over in Downtown Huntington and sees a car parked on the street that is getting hotboxed.  There was 1 dude in the car by himself smoking and he got out of the car as my buddy was walking by.  The guy looks familiar and my buddy realizes that its Cherokee Parks.  My buddy then realizes that Cherokee is wearing his own #44 Duke jersey.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

mjshoefanatic:
Dang, then it's a few people in here that either see me as a threat, hate themselves, or want to be me. Got you, this Moon dude, P MAC, erupt, Doobie... all w/ nothing but Ska on they minds.
laugh.gif
And the funny thing is, I'm not even CLOOOOOSE to the only one going at the Clips. Not. Even. CLOSE.
laugh.gif
Folks out there making 'Floppers' signs and what not, fans of teams OTHER than the Lakers posting about how hard it is to watch these dudes flop when even a ref touches them... but I got 'Administrator' under my name, so I'm y'all's target. I gotcha.
laugh.gif

You're not on anyone's mind. Everytime I come in S&T you *****ing about something, saying something stupid, Hating on the clippers... being annoying as #!%$ in the laker thread and not doing anything but making it more unruly and unbearable.

You post 20 times in this clipper thread talking about you on someone's mind.
laugh.gif

mjshoefanatic:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

SKA on our minds?  
laugh.gif
 Come on bro.. it's not that serious.  I barely post here on NT but I do read a ton here.  In this thread alone, I just simply noticed the amount of disparaging remarks you have made about the Clippers/Blake.  It's almost to the point of compulsive obsessive behavior but hey it's a free country and you're entitled to your opinions.  I guess to me if I can't stand a certain brand of basketball like the way the Spurs play or the old school Utah Jazz with Malone/Stockton, I absolutely refuse to watch it regardless if it's the playoffs.  

Moving on...

MoonMan818:

mjshoefanatic:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're not on anyone's mind. Everytime I come in S&T you *****ing about something, saying something stupid, Hating on the clippers... being annoying as #!%$ in the laker thread and not doing anything but making it more unruly and unbearable.

You post 20 times in this clipper thread talking about you on someone's mind.
laugh.gif

But I'm not on your mind, though.
laugh.gif

It's easy, bruh...
SunDOOBIE:
Moving on...
Exactly.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

I can't find the slomo of this but his elbows did not touch him AT ALL but he flopped and they called this a flagrant 2 foul. I don't even care for the bobcats(does anybody?) but this is a disgrace to the game. I don't care for the clippers or the Grizz but this *%#* has got stop.
30t6p3b.gif
It has to.
For the most part I agree with you on flopping. It's beyond bad.  However if it's not illegal how is it the players fault?  They are simply using Jedi mind tricks on the referees and it works!  If an NBA player can get away with flopping and get a crucial call in his favor late in the game, why wouldn't you use it? Veterans like Battier know how to take charge calls so it's the same concept with flopping.  Until the NBA cleans it up, flopping is part of the game and players/coaches/referees need to adjust accordingly. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

These kind of pictures belong on the Facebook page of high school girls, please refrain from posting them.
Go $$*@ yourself !!*+$ boy. 
laugh.gif

nyk fan
sick.gif

Reported. I find it funny that every week there's a NEW handful of gifs showing these clippers flopping around like some fish out of water, every damn week! I expect to see a couple more shortly after game 5.

PAIDNFULL23:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Verbal flops, though?!
roll.gif
Making UP ways to make it seem equal.
laugh.gif

My dude said verbal flops.
laugh.gif

Nobody has to make anything up, it is what it is.  Screaming and throwing your arms around like you got shot to insinuate that you were fouled is the same thing, period. 

Back
Top Bottom