Michael Jordan - How Quickly They Forget (MJ vs Lebron)

seriously we'll do this argument when they're all finished playing.

And MJ will still be the goat

Until then this argument needs put to rest

seriously we'll do this argument when they're all finished playing.

And MJ will still be the goat

Until then this argument needs put to rest

Just a question for all the Lebron/Kareem/Wilt lovers.

Your down 1 and there is 10 seconds left.

Which of these people are you going to ask to take that last shot for you?

Originally Posted by daiernchef

he only left for 2 years so why dont you actually KNOW what your talking about before you run your mouth.... its funny how MJ was a lockdown defender on guys like Mark Price {so athletic} Craig ehlo {OH NO} Reggie Miller {who played like kyle korver} when i watched the Bulls run Pippen was on the best scorer of other team Every Playoff game while Jordan gaurded Byron Russell { OMG} while i just watched Lebron pull a Hakeem on D Robinson and TOTALLY DOMINATE the so-called MVP of the league who is 1000000 times better then any of them guards named above D.Rose is like nothing MJ has EVER Guarded.. so i guess by guarding Bums that makes you a GREAT Defender?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Remove MJ's Privates from your mouths immediately...

EDIT... also i keep hearing how MJ dominated in the era of the "Big MAN" which means a majority of the best players were big guys, which means Jordan a majority of the time didnt even guard the best player on the other team like Barkley, ewing, DRobinson, Hakeem, Shaq, Mourning, he was guarding a bunch of bums that are not even close to being as good as Rose, Wade, Kobe, CP3, D Williams, Westbrook...

he only left for 2 years so why dont you actually KNOW what your talking about before you run your mouth.... its funny how MJ was a lockdown defender on guys like Mark Price {so athletic} Craig ehlo {OH NO} Reggie Miller {who played like kyle korver} when i watched the Bulls run Pippen was on the best scorer of other team Every Playoff game while Jordan gaurded Byron Russell { OMG} while i just watched Lebron pull a Hakeem on D Robinson and TOTALLY DOMINATE the so-called MVP of the league who is 1000000 times better then any of them guards named above D.Rose is like nothing MJ has EVER Guarded.. so i guess by guarding Bums that makes you a GREAT Defender?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Remove MJ's Privates from your mouths immediately...

EDIT... also i keep hearing how MJ dominated in the era of the "Big MAN" which means a majority of the best players were big guys, which means Jordan a majority of the time didnt even guard the best player on the other team like Barkley, ewing, DRobinson, Hakeem, Shaq, Mourning, he was guarding a bunch of bums that are not even close to being as good as Rose, Wade, Kobe, CP3, D Williams, Westbrook...

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Kareem.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Kareem.

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by Ayepae

Doesnt matter which 3 peat was better everyone knows that if he stayed in the league in those middle 3 years it would have been a 9peat. Lebum cant even win one.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
Now Jordan guarded a bunch of bums, are you kidding me. The likes of Reggie Miller, Mitch Richmond, Magic Johnson, Kevin Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Tim Hardaway, Penny Hardaway, Gary Payton, Mark Price, John Stocton, Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars and the rest of the bums in Jordan's era are overall less athletic than the guys that you mentioned but their basketball IQ is higher overall. The funny part is that these bums put up numbers as good as those you mentioned. What you can make up with athleticism is having heart and being smart (Larry Bird). If being athletic is everything, is CP3, D Williams, Rose and Westbrook who are all pont guards better than John Stockton, Gary Payton, Isiah Thomas or Magic Johnson???

By the way the centers of the 1980's and 1990's are superior to the centers of today. Shaq's gone and Tim Duncan is the last of the breed who played in the late 1990's.  Dwight Howard is really the only good center from this era that is around and still improving. These perimeter players today are so lucky, thanks to David Stern with these soft rules to prevent centers and power forwards to clog the lane for more than 3 seconds (defensive 3 second violation) just to increase scoring for the guards and small forwards.

On a side note, Michael Jordan is a LOCKDOWN DEFENDER!!!  

lets see Miller hardly ever created his own shot and barely had handles, he needed screens to get open and pop 3's granted he was great at it thats like guarding Kyle Korver nowadays, he may have been one of the best back then but today thats called Kyle Korver...
Magic did nothing but OWN Mj until Magic was Old FAT and Hiv infested, that Magic Jordan played in the finals WAS NOT NEAR Magic in his prime, plus Pippen Guarded him most of the time...
and Mitch RichMond?? Kevin Johnson?? Please if your seriously saying guarding these guys is ANYTHING like guarding CP3 or Westbrook or D Rose, You just need to tattoo MJ's Privates on your face right on your chin...
Drexler was great but show me some PROOF that Drexler was held to 2 points every 4th quarter of the finals against MJ with MJ guarding him, like Bron did to D rose...
Wow man Tim hardaway and Penny and Ehlo??? the only ones left with skill are Stockton and Thomas and stockton wasnt EVER puttin up 40 in playoffs like a Westbrook, or 38 like D rose he actually let the real best player on the team do all the scoring Malone who MJ DIDNT GUARD.... anyway Mj guarded Russell when they played the Jazz and was he some all star stud i didnt know about?? NOPE he was another bum... But arguing this is pointless with a MJ LOVER because everyone back then was SOOOO Superior to players from now... Glen Big dog Robinson was the original Lebron huh???
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ayepae

Doesnt matter which 3 peat was better everyone knows that if he stayed in the league in those middle 3 years it would have been a 9peat. Lebum cant even win one.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
Now Jordan guarded a bunch of bums, are you kidding me. The likes of Reggie Miller, Mitch Richmond, Magic Johnson, Kevin Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Tim Hardaway, Penny Hardaway, Gary Payton, Mark Price, John Stocton, Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars and the rest of the bums in Jordan's era are overall less athletic than the guys that you mentioned but their basketball IQ is higher overall. The funny part is that these bums put up numbers as good as those you mentioned. What you can make up with athleticism is having heart and being smart (Larry Bird). If being athletic is everything, is CP3, D Williams, Rose and Westbrook who are all pont guards better than John Stockton, Gary Payton, Isiah Thomas or Magic Johnson???

By the way the centers of the 1980's and 1990's are superior to the centers of today. Shaq's gone and Tim Duncan is the last of the breed who played in the late 1990's.  Dwight Howard is really the only good center from this era that is around and still improving. These perimeter players today are so lucky, thanks to David Stern with these soft rules to prevent centers and power forwards to clog the lane for more than 3 seconds (defensive 3 second violation) just to increase scoring for the guards and small forwards.

lets see Miller hardly ever created his own shot and barely had handles, he needed screens to get open and pop 3's granted he was great at it thats like guarding Kyle Korver nowadays, he may have been one of the best back then but today thats called Kyle Korver...
Magic did nothing but OWN Mj until Magic was Old FAT and Hiv infested, that Magic Jordan played in the finals WAS NOT NEAR Magic in his prime, plus Pippen Guarded him most of the time...
and Mitch RichMond?? Kevin Johnson?? Please if your seriously saying guarding these guys is ANYTHING like guarding CP3 or Westbrook or D Rose, You just need to tattoo MJ's Privates on your face right on your chin...
Drexler was great but show me some PROOF that Drexler was held to 2 points every 4th quarter of the finals against MJ with MJ guarding him, like Bron did to D rose...
Wow man Tim hardaway and Penny and Ehlo??? the only ones left with skill are Stockton and Thomas and stockton wasnt EVER puttin up 40 in playoffs like a Westbrook, or 38 like D rose he actually let the real best player on the team do all the scoring Malone who MJ DIDNT GUARD.... anyway Mj guarded Russell when they played the Jazz and was he some all star stud i didnt know about?? NOPE he was another bum... But arguing this is pointless with a MJ LOVER because everyone back then was SOOOO Superior to players from now... Glen Big dog Robinson was the original Lebron huh???
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Homie your just a loser who thinks he's the *##% cus he posts alot on Niketalk, with nothing at all to say so why waste your time, oh right you live on here...

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Homie your just a loser who thinks he's the *##% cus he posts alot on Niketalk, with nothing at all to say so why waste your time, oh right you live on here...

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

isiah thomas would score 40 on either rose or westbrook or cp3 or whoever you want in this era.

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

isiah thomas would score 40 on either rose or westbrook or cp3 or whoever you want in this era.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Cool to bad were not talking about Westbrook or Cp3's or Rose's defense were talking about Jordans, Read before you post, and bring some proof of this LOCKDOWN defense like a playoff series where Thomas or Drexler was Held to 2 points in the fourth every game, otherwise shut that +#@* up, and i dont wanna see "He averaged 2 steals a game" cus its irrelevant if majority of the time he guarded bums...

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Cool to bad were not talking about Westbrook or Cp3's or Rose's defense were talking about Jordans, Read before you post, and bring some proof of this LOCKDOWN defense like a playoff series where Thomas or Drexler was Held to 2 points in the fourth every game, otherwise shut that +#@* up, and i dont wanna see "He averaged 2 steals a game" cus its irrelevant if majority of the time he guarded bums...

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You obviously do not get it.

1 - Magic did not dominate MJ. The Showtime Lakers dominiated the Bulls, and they were supposed to when they had three Hall of Famers. Jordan still put good numbers against them. Jordan at times did guard Magic in the 1980's. Please do not say Pippen did. Pippen did guard him in the 1991 NBA Finals, Other than that, Jordan did guard him at times. Magic was still/close to his prime in 1991. Magic was NBA MVP the year before.
2 - Jordan was a lockdown defender. So what Jordan did not guard DRose, CP3 or Westbrook, he still one the best defenders of all time (the best in the two-guard position of all time). It does not matter who Jordan guard or did not guard because the fact is that the has 9 FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE ALONG WITH A DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, so please quit while you are behind.
3 - Isiah Thomas and John Stockton is better than all you mentioned.
4 - Mitich Richmond, Reggie Miller, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Mark Price and Penny (before he got injured) are all good players in their prime. Ok, they are not the most athletic, but they produce and made all star teams themselves. The key word PRODUCTION.
5 - You have a point of Drexler never being held to two points in the 4th quarter, but Drexler was like Jordan, but a west coast version. When they met in the 1992 NBA Finals, Jordan still outperformed him (offensively and defensively). Guys like Drexler, you cant lock them down with one person. The same goes for Kobe, Lebron and Wade.
6 - Lebron did a excellent job on DRose because he had the length and force DRose to make jumpshots but he can't and DRose's teammates did not step up. If Lebron guarded Isiah Thomas, I would like to see him lock Isiah down because Isiah will make a share of his jumpshots.
7 - Do not come back to this thread until you get your facts straight. I can keep going, but I will stop.

Deuces,

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

1 - Magic did not dominate MJ. The Showtime Lakers dominiated the Bulls, and they were supposed to when they had three Hall of Famers. Jordan still put good numbers against them. Jordan at times did guard Magic in the 1980's. Please do not say Pippen did. Pippen did guard him in the 1991 NBA Finals, Other than that, Jordan did guard him at times. Magic was still/close to his prime in 1991. Magic was NBA MVP the year before.
2 - Jordan was a lockdown defender. So what Jordan did not guard DRose, CP3 or Westbrook, he still one the best defenders of all time (the best in the two-guard position of all time). It does not matter who Jordan guard or did not guard because the fact is that the has 9 FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE ALONG WITH A DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, so please quit while you are behind.
4 - Mitich Richmond, Reggie Miller, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Mark Price and Penny (before he got injured) are all good players in their prime. Ok, they are not the most athletic, but they produce and made all star teams themselves. The key word PRODUCTION.
5 - You have a point of Drexler never being held to two points in the 4th quarter, but Drexler was like Jordan, but a west coast version. When they met in the 1992 NBA Finals, Jordan still outperformed him (offensively and defensively). Guys like Drexler, you cant lock them down with one person. The same goes for Kobe, Lebron and Wade.
6 - Lebron did a excellent job on DRose because he had the length and force DRose to make jumpshots but he can't and DRose's teammates did not step up. If Lebron guarded Isiah Thomas, I would like to see him lock Isiah down because Isiah will make a share of his jumpshots.
7 - Do not come back to this thread until you get your facts straight. I can keep going, but I will stop.

Deuces,

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

THIS. I could not agree with you any more.

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

THIS. I could not agree with you any more.

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Deuces,

i said pippen guarded him in the finals, i agree with the rest of what you say but i was just tryin to say noone got any proof at least you came with some facts and your opinion. Im just sayin he did not guard the type of player that plays in the nba today, be it a 2 guard or point guard, guys had skill back then but just not like today is all im sayin... makin jumpshots is one thing but if Lebron is forcing Isiah to just shoot jumpshots and lockin him down thats GREAT defene in my book, just dont act like MJ shut down the BEST comp ever its ridiculous, pippen guarded best player on other team almost all the time...

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Deuces,

i said pippen guarded him in the finals, i agree with the rest of what you say but i was just tryin to say noone got any proof at least you came with some facts and your opinion. Im just sayin he did not guard the type of player that plays in the nba today, be it a 2 guard or point guard, guys had skill back then but just not like today is all im sayin... makin jumpshots is one thing but if Lebron is forcing Isiah to just shoot jumpshots and lockin him down thats GREAT defene in my book, just dont act like MJ shut down the BEST comp ever its ridiculous, pippen guarded best player on other team almost all the time...

eek.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

reported.

Back
Top Bottom