Mike D'Antoni fired

A little too premature for me to believe.

But if true...DAMN. [chappelle rick james] cold blooded [chappelle rick james]

Wow. Kerr throws a wrench (Shaq) into the system and D' Antoni is the one that pays. It is intriguing how that works. I say give D' Antoni a full campand season with Shaq and a healthy STAT then see what your options are. I still think the Shaq aquisition , or Shaquisition, was a good move... Kerr should tryand see it through like originally imagined.

Wasn't fast at all.

When they went down 0-3 they probably made the decision to fire him. That was 3-4 days ago? About the amount of time coaches usually get fired. Management already knew they were gonna lose the series, just so happened they won a game plus a few more off-days went by til they could make itofficial after tonight's game.

dang
roll.gif

I don't see how the Shaq move can work for next year. What coach are they going to get to motivate Shaq for a full 82 game season? I mean, when you join ateam with the best record in the west and basically have 1/4 of the season left plus the playoffs, it's easy for Shaq to maintain a high level of energyand intensity.

I'm really interested to see if Shaq can get the motivation to bring it every game.

Shaq is done. i can't believe anybody thought he would do ANYTHING

Steve Nash is already falling off, and he's going to be 35 next year. and he will never be a good defender, that much is for sure. he is such a liabilityon the defensive end that the Suns would be much better off with a tier-2 PG who is a decent defender over Nash. i'm talking a guy like TJ Ford.

Amare is just a beast. he could be a franchise big man, but he needs to develop a real presence down low on both ends.

what they NEED to do is try to bring in a guard that can play decent D. and make Amare the workhorse. and give DJ Strawberry some more minutes next year

i know its on SI and all, but is it for real

i find it hard to believe they would annouce this right after a big loss..even if its just some speculation or something unofficial and nowhere does it saythat that he was officially fired or resigned. i guess we'll see on sportscenter/pti/around the horn/etc. tomorrow..

4pofqxx.gif

Phil fired his %+@ a while ago...

well D'Antoni still has the Olympics...though I'm sure he might shed some tears watching Amare play.

Steve Kerr better right the ship.

I was joking with my dad earlier, it'd be funny if the Warriors let go of Nellie, went to coach in Phoenix, Avery went to GS, and D'Antoni went toDallas..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I was joking with my dad earlier, it'd be funny if the Warriors let go of Nellie, went to coach in Phoenix, Avery went to GS, and D'Antoni went to Dallas..
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

But if Nellie is let go by the Warriors, it would mean he's retiring.

D'Antoni, Suns might part ways after first-round loss

ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 30, 2008, 3:06 AM ET

Despite averaging 58 regular-season wins in the last four seasons, Mike D'Antoni might be out as Phoenix Suns coach.

An SI.com report on Tuesday night said that the coach will not return after his team was eliminated 4-1 by the San Antonio Spurs in the first round of the playoffs.

The Arizona Republic did not go as far, saying it was unlikely that the coach would be fired with two years and $8.5 million left on his contract. But the newspaper confirmed part of a recent Sports Illustrated article which chronicled a confrontation between D'Antoni and general manager Steve Kerr.

In a November conversation, Kerr reportedly suggested that the Suns run more post-up plays for forward Amare Stoudemire. D'Antoni objected, with a shouting match ending in the coach telling the GM not to tell him "how to coach offense."

That jibes with Tuesday's SI.com report which cites sources within the organization saying that D'Antoni does not feel he has the support of owner Robert Sarver or Kerr.

While the Web site did not say that D'Antoni's firing is imminent, it did speculate that he would not be discouraged from pursuing opportunities with the Chicago Bulls or New York Knicks, among other teams.

D'Antoni wouldn't be the only successful coach on the hot seat this season. Immediately after the Dallas Mavericks were eliminated from the playoffs on Monday, Avery Johnson's status appeared to be in limbo. ESPN.com's Marc Stein recently reported that his job would be in serious jeopardy if he did not make it out of the first round.

D'Antoni has a 267-172 record in six seasons as an NBA coach. He is credited with helping to revive the running game in the league at a time when scores were plummeting amid pedestrian half-court offenses.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I was joking with my dad earlier, it'd be funny if the Warriors let go of Nellie, went to coach in Phoenix, Avery went to GS, and D'Antoni went to Dallas..
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

But if Nellie is let go by the Warriors, it would mean he's retiring.

Don't kid yourself, anything is possible in the NBA.

I mean come on, Gasol for Javaris and a used condom in Kwame Brown?

You know that trade in the warriors offseason thread is always available if you're willing to do it
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

but avery in GS would be just disastrous...imo. if he's a micromanager, baron won't like it there. i'd much rather have stephen silas coach ifnellie retires (which i doubt right now, due to $$$)

Used, broken, busted, whatever you'd like to call it. No other way to describe it other than FAIL'D.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

D'Antoni, Suns might part ways after first-round loss

ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 30, 2008, 3:06 AM ET

Despite averaging 58 regular-season wins in the last four seasons, Mike D'Antoni might be out as Phoenix Suns coach.

An SI.com report on Tuesday night said that the coach will not return after his team was eliminated 4-1 by the San Antonio Spurs in the first round of the playoffs.

The Arizona Republic did not go as far, saying it was unlikely that the coach would be fired with two years and $8.5 million left on his contract. But the newspaper confirmed part of a recent Sports Illustrated article which chronicled a confrontation between D'Antoni and general manager Steve Kerr.

In a November conversation, Kerr reportedly suggested that the Suns run more post-up plays for forward Amare Stoudemire. D'Antoni objected, with a shouting match ending in the coach telling the GM not to tell him "how to coach offense."

That jibes with Tuesday's SI.com report which cites sources within the organization saying that D'Antoni does not feel he has the support of owner Robert Sarver or Kerr.

While the Web site did not say that D'Antoni's firing is imminent, it did speculate that he would not be discouraged from pursuing opportunities with the Chicago Bulls or New York Knicks, among other teams.

D'Antoni wouldn't be the only successful coach on the hot seat this season. Immediately after the Dallas Mavericks were eliminated from the playoffs on Monday, Avery Johnson's status appeared to be in limbo. ESPN.com's Marc Stein recently reported that his job would be in serious jeopardy if he did not make it out of the first round.

D'Antoni has a 267-172 record in six seasons as an NBA coach. He is credited with helping to revive the running game in the league at a time when scores were plummeting amid pedestrian half-court offenses.

this is what happens when u cross coach jackson
pimp.gif
...but nahh itwasnt mikes fauLt marion for shaq happened...fire kerr...give him another year with shaq...they had the defending champs 1st round cmon and heyillmaticsoulchild whos that in ur avy???!!!!!!!!!!!!
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom