Mike D'Antoni fired

Originally Posted by Kadoma

Steve Kerr is destroying that team.

Then I think Kerr deserves a raise.
wink.gif

Per ESPN.com at noon, CST:

An SI.com report on Tuesday night said the coach will not return after his team was eliminated by the San Antonio Spurs in five games in their best-of-7first-round playoff series. D'Antoni has two years and $8.5 million left on his contract.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr denied the report, Arizona Republic reporter Paul Coro said Wednesday morning on ESPN's "First Take."

"I talked to Steve Kerr this morning and he also asked Mike D'Antoni about that story last night and he denied it," Coro said. "He said MikeD'Antoni is still their coach and he's done a great job the last four years.

"They obviously have some things they might want to go over, philosophical differences and such. But Mike D'Antoni is still the coach."

Seriously, I dont understand how he could coach in the league for this long. He doesnt know what defense is. why would he get a head coaching gig if Defense wins championships?

it's not like the smitch has the raptors locking down teams left and right.

id rather watch the raps win 60 in the regular season and get bounced in the first than watch them squeeze in with a sub 500 record and get bounced in thefirst.

i would welcome a coaching change in T.Dot.

wow thats very surprising...although i cant really blame them for not wanting him back after another disappointment end to a season

Yeah there are no official reports that D'Antoni has been fired. He should be fired and could very well be fired, but nothing official yet.

Raps better not hire D'Antoni. He couldn't get the job done with 10x more talent in Phoenix than in Toronto.

me:
He's had Nash, Marion, and Amare for 4 full seasons, and used to have Q-Rich and Joe Johnson. And he accomplished a ton of nothing.
LazyJ10:
Fixed.
(I'd happily take him as an assistant for the Warriors though...
laugh.gif
)

How is that fixed?

He did have Q-Rich. In '04-'05, he had Amare, Marion, Nash, Joe Johnson, and Q-Rich.

2004-2005 Phoenix Suns roster

Mike D'Antoni's coaching record (that shows that hehas been PHX's coach since '03-'04)

If this was a season ago Kings would of swooped him up in the quickness. He was a good coach though.
tired.gif

Who would have thought that The trades that bought Kidd to Dallas and Shaq to the Suns would cost BOTH coaches their jobs...

WOW

ESPN is saying that the report of him being fired is false.

So one could conclude that the Suns will go on not winning championships.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't know how you could fully blame Mike D for the defense. They just don't have the personnel to play good team defense. When the opposing pg canbreak down Nash ang get into the lane whenever they want, it makes it that much harder for everyone else. Exactly what makes Phoenix hard to defend with Nashalways getting nto the lane. If there is any criticism I have of Mike D it is he should extend the bench by a guy or two.

Another problem this year is the west is just so loaded. It's a shame teams like Dallas and PHX have to go home after the first round. Really, how oftendoes a 55 win team end up with a 6 seed? I'm starting to favor the 1-16 seeding with all teams. That way we can get rid of all the worthless teams in theeast right away. Don't forget next year Oden will be back and Portland could be knocking on the door for a playoff spot too so it will just keep gettingharder out there.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

me:
He's had Nash, Marion, and Amare for 4 full seasons, and used to have Q-Rich and Joe Johnson. And he accomplished a ton of nothing.
LazyJ10:
Fixed.
(I'd happily take him as an assistant for the Warriors though...
laugh.gif
)

How is that fixed?

He did have Q-Rich. In '04-'05, he had Amare, Marion, Nash, Joe Johnson, and Q-Rich.

2004-2005 Phoenix Suns roster

Mike D'Antoni's coaching record (that shows that he has been PHX's coach since '03-'04)

Because he is/was a worthless bum not worthy of being mentioned. That's why.

^ Understood.
laugh.gif

And I'll go ahead and just lock this now that reports are coming out that the rumors are false.

If it turns out he's fired, then we'll resume bashing.

*locked*

Back
Top Bottom