Mike D'Antoni fired

Originally Posted by acidicality

i think d'antoni wanted the shaq trade to happen as well-it wasn't just kerr.

Correct.

The Amare/Nash/Marion Suns had no chance at ever winning a championship because they were always in the bottom 25% of the league in Rebounding Differential.In fact, when the Marion-Shaq trade occurred the Suns were dead last in that category... opponents were getting something like 4-5 more possessions than theSuns each game due to the rebounding margin. You can't win deep in the playoffs if you spot your opponent that many more possessions.

won't forget this dude whines so much.
laugh.gif

i think hes going to the knicks.....

he would fit well with the warriors though.....

dantoni sucks man... they fired him too late... what if shaq retires?

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

D'Antoni to Toronto.

Book it.

Gotta oust Sam Mitchell first, but if that does happen it's pretty much a lock that D'Antoni would accept the Raptor gig.

Damn, the news has yet to hit ESPN.com. The article was posted 9:07 April, 30th.

Well, I don't blame D'Antoni for this anyway. All the blame goes to Steve Kerr. This dude is a terrible GM, and he's the one who shoudl've beenfired.

Bringing in Shaq really hurt them.

Originally Posted by king jay XI

welcome to the knicks
pimp.gif

Hell no!!!! This dude doesn't believe in defense what so ever. He will never win a championship until he starts making his teams play some damndefense. The Raptors or whoever picks him up can score all the points they want, and make it to the playoffs but ya'll will never win a championship.

he deserves to be fired. he's put up a front his whole time with the suns

no way is he coming to the knicks. hell no

if he comes to the knicks i will never watch a knicks game again

i do not want to see another 5 years of a knicks team playing absolutely no defense and never having a legit chance at winning a ring

keep d'antoni far, far away from new york

Dude is garbage.

I was telling my boy last night when we were watching the game that D'Antoni would probably be shown the door if they get bounced in the first round, andhe said that D'Antoni deserves a full season with Shaq.

I disagreed.

He's had Nash, Marion, and Amare for 4 full seasons, and used to have Q-Rich and Joe Johnson. And he accomplished a ton of nothing.

He's goes from offensive genius to not a good coach now??

C'mon.. Is he great? No

Is he garbage? Absolutely not.

Last 4 years : 62, 54, 61, 55 wins.

Those suspensions don't happen last year, most likely THEY win it all. Anyone that watched the series last year knew Phoenix was better.

To say Nash/Marion/Amare never had what it took to win a title is just a lie...they were 2-2 in the WCF and then the suspension(s) came...they were there andcould have done it.

My question would be how many are better??

I've seen it said on here that Doc, Mike Brown, Eddie Jordan, George Karl, Avery Johnson, Flip Saunders, etc are trash

So who is good? The list must be very short...

JVG to Phoenix? The same JVG everyone on here trashed last year?

No, D'Atoni probably will never win a title... MOST coaches never will.

But now, nobody even wants this guy with what he had done in Phoenix, c'mon now...

Yall switch up QUICK.

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

eek.gif
Damn. Maybe a new coach is what they need to learn how to defend on a regular basis.
You need to have players who either can play defense or care about playing defense in order for this to happen.

Damn..If only Larry Brown was psychic and waited abit longer for another coaching gig. I still don't like him going to charlotte.

Suns would have been a good fit, the nucleus of players are there. It's just a matter of new leadership and direction coaching wise. Dude's wellrespected anyway so he shouldn't have any problems with the players.

I've been saying for a couple years that D'Antoni is fraudulent, so I know you're not talking about me when you say that we switch things up quick.

And no; Amare, Nash, and Marion don't have what it takes to win a title... because they didn't win a title. If they had what it takes, then they wouldhave a title. They don't. So... they don't have what it takes, apparently.

And yes, you're right: he has racked up more than a couple wins in the regular season with his offensive system. But his lack of concern with defense andthe fact that his teams are consistently outrebounded are the two main reason why you're right about something else; he'll never win a championship.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This dude a bum anyways. Always whinin and crying and never looking at himself in the mirror.

Look at what he did in this series, he COMPLETELY went away from what they have been doing for I don't know how long in the last two games, repeatedlygiving the ball to Boris Diaw in the low post. When the hell was that ever their offense? Even Nash is crying about it, which makes me wonder if Nashwasn't at least somewhat behind this firing. I don't blame Antoni though, his whole team is full of fakeness. Stat and his quasi tough antics, andthe supposed 2 time MVP who sucks so bad on one side of the court that they had to completly switch defensive matchups just to cover up how much he sucked. Somebody tell me an "MVP" that needs to have someone else gaurd his man for him game after game.
roll.gif
Hell, after they traded Marion, they went and got Diaw to gaurd Tony Parker. That's just lame.

So, the Suns history keeps on keepin on.
pimp.gif
\

68f159e88d176b2ecfd18e76f372b558e4e8874.pjpg

All the blame goes to Steve Kerr. This dude is a terrible GM, and he's the one who shoudl've been fired.
You're ready to make that determination based off of ONE roster move?
laugh.gif
A roster move that Steve Nash, Amare, and D'Antoni all were infavor of? Come on...

I know he put the pressure squarely on himself with the 'Genius or Moron' line, but people have known for two years that Shawn Marion would be shownthe door in Phoenix eventually.

Well, I don't blame D'Antoni for this anyway. All the blame goes to Steve Kerr. This dude is a terrible GM, and he's the one who shoudl've been fired.

Bringing in Shaq really hurt them.
So all the blame goes to Kerr....none for the coaching staff.

I see.

Kerr swung the trade he did (and had management, ownership, and coach backing) because they couldnt win a chip with the roster they had. Marion was going tohave to be extended at another insane price so he had going to go. They rolled the dice, they then again couldnt get past S.A. who has been the leagues bestteam for years. Nash being a "terrible GM" should be held back for a couple more years IMO.

Back
Top Bottom