Millitary life

I have not been in the millitary, but I have alwasy been curious what the life of someone in the millitary is from boot camp till they graduate and so forth.

I'm active duty army ... But it all depends on what branch you join and what job you do and wherever you get stationed... Your question is very broad got to be more specific ...

It's a complicated life, one easily overshadowed by fools who embaress the uniform. I would not change it for the world

One of the best decisions I ever made in my life

Not in the military, but always thought being stationed in Hawaii to be amazing.

I'm active duty and currently deployed. The money is great here but 9 months over here is not fun. Luckily I only have a month left. As far as the daily life it all depends on your job. Some work their butts off all day, some barely do anything. I love it though, best decision Ive ever made.

@Ksteezt - I heard being stationed in Hawaii has its up and downs. It's expensive and the units there are terrible, and once you experience everything on the island gets boring. I'd rather be stateside personally, when vacations come around, I can drive and won't have to spend over $1,000 on plane tickets.

Last edited:
Only do it if you can't make it through some type of quantitative field in college. Unless you're VERY disciplined and can do both. 

Your wife/girl WILL cheat on you.
Not true for all but I have heard some ****** up stories since I've been in the Army. So many divorces and breakups. You definitely have to marry the right woman. Some can't handle the fact their husband is gone for 9 months during deployments.  Its sad how many military men rush into getting married.

Last edited:
Not all but most. It's really horrifying the stories ive been told bout their wives sleeping round on em.

I want to join so bad but im not bout that life.

Being away from my babies.
That's bout it.
Also that ASVAB
mean.gif
Yeah, I hear ya on the away from the fam part. ASVAB aint all that bad though, just takes a little studying.

Active Duty AF.. Basically Wake up go to PT(Crossfit x weights) go to work til 12, go to lunch, come back til 4 hit the gym go home repeat til Saturday. If Im flying then it varies depending on the mission (local, training, fly over, etc)

I'm stuck in Kansas at the moment but I reenlisted for GA. No more midwest for me! 

i'm active army currently stationed in Ft. Bragg,
it's not bad at all really, but like others have said it all depends on your job and where you get stationed and mostly what unit you are put into

I signed my contract 3 days before my birthday (October 24th to be exact) I will be going to Basic Training on April 30th to South Carolina. 

After dudes deploy overseas, what that check be looking like afterwards roughly? after all the bonuses and stuff?

I've always wondered.

Not in the military, but always thought being stationed in Hawaii to be amazing.

Hawaii is terrible, I spent some time at K Bay. I was an infantry Marine...and it was cool, I had alot of dope experiences. I've also had several experiences with my own feces. If you can deal with being cold and wet and tired alot, and like shooting big guns, and blowing **** up, then its fun.

I'm speaking from a grunt POV, I dont know bout none of that POG ****

After dudes deploy overseas, what that check be looking like afterwards roughly? after all the bonuses and stuff?

I've always wondered.

I'm not going to tell you what I came home with, but I'll tell you that it was pretty nice...but the married dudes came home with WAY more

I'm not going to tell you what I came home with, but I'll tell you that it was pretty nice...but the married dudes came home with WAY more
1 of my homies came home and bought a brand new car cash. (dumbass Idea) ... Is it like that? '10 Dodge Avenger fyi... Idiot could of at least got a charger.smh

1 of my homies came home and bought a brand new car cash. (dumbass Idea) ... Is it like that? '10 Dodge Avenger fyi... Idiot could of at least got a charger.smh

pretty much, the money is tax free (from what i heard) and theres all types of extra things they pay you for, and like dude said married people get a lot more...some dudes said they came back with around 20-23k, i might deploy in june so i'll just wait and see

Your wife/girl WILL cheat on you.

its a known fact

military relationships are the biggest lies

men cheat like crazy and the lonely gfs/wives do it when the guy is 1000 miles away easy

were only human

Last edited:
Wake up at 0600 for PT
Go to work from 830 to 1130
1130 - 1300 lunch/chow
1300-1630 work

After 1630 - too many variables

Back
Top Bottom