** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

I have some Kazuhiro Sasaki PE Clippers in that style (Nomo pic). From the 2001 Seattle All-Star game. I'll post pics when I get home. I know it's not '06 but they're pretty cool.

hook it up with some pics! lol. I need some M's PE cleats too tho. I dont care who or what they are either... thecolor scheme is just sooo dope

M!ke

Jacoby Ellsbury in Huarache 2k4's
e091ca86cdf54ad9bb2a67654905d597-getty-80028790jm010_pittsburgh_pi.jpg

Manny in 5 tools

8d5657d3cd683bc297957603417b3118-getty-80028790jm004_pittsburgh_pi.jpg

So I take it the 5 tools are the cleats to copp this year? if you play of course

6b935fdaed117af3516a23c3d8c3edf318829cb.jpg

Another look at Cabrera's orange-soled 5-Tools

fea151e5795e22d20e24e12fb2bc06774f726aa.jpg

A.J. Pierzynski 5-Tool MCS PE (Nice and basic)

c34157e17d5526db97fcad1828eb487a57ef8aa.jpg

J-Roll PE
Originally Posted by notes32

So I take it the 5 tools are the cleats to copp this year? if you play of course

I'm a Clipper guy myself, but I will say this... they're really, really nice. The last few 5-Tool models were overshadowed by the Huarache series,basically because the Huarache always had the full-length midsole--a set-up that's much more comfortable than the Zoom Air midsole wedge that the previous5-Tools had. Now that Nike's added the full-length midsole to all of their serious cleats (including the 5-Tool), they're basically all equal incomfort and performance (but the 5-Tool caged Zoom air is pretty sweet). So now its just a matter of personal preference... the Clippers and Fuse are bothvery decent lows, the 2K5 and 5-Tool are both mids with slightly different feels.

(Plus it's nice that the 5-Tool has a great design and the flexibility for a lot of great PE's, which leads to why we're seeing so many of them)
Originally Posted by energycube

AGAIN, THANKS FOR THIS POST!!

Any pics of Jeter and his cleats?

He's still wearing the Vitals... not sure when he'll start wearing his next model
7ab254cee471c5592e7d04aeb71725fa9284f80.jpg

Here's an interesting open ended question: Considering Chavez was probably the first player to popularize cleating basketball shoes, what shoe would youmost like to see in a cleated version?

Make it interesting. For example, Foams would look ridiculously wide for cleats, or would they?
How about some BB2's in some cool PE colors, or some Lebron Soldiers? Air Max 97's anyone?

Originally Posted by MPowers16

Here's an interesting open ended question: Considering Chavez was probably the first player to popularize cleating basketball shoes, what shoe would you most like to see in a cleated version?

Make it interesting. For example, Foams would look ridiculously wide for cleats, or would they?
How about some BB2's in some cool PE colors, or some Lebron Soldiers? Air Max 97's anyone?

Foams would look a little silly in baseball if you ask me. BB2's might be nice except for the swoosh on the back... Soldier's would be alright, butI think there'd be a lot of better options out there. And 97's would be tough... when they add the cleat plates to the shoes, they dig out parts ofthe outsole and midsole, so it'd basically be impossible for any shoe where the Air-Sole is directly connected to the outsole (without any foam inbetween).

Some Jordans would look nice... Dustin Ackley rocked a pair of XI's in last year's College World Series.
10o1px4.jpg

XIII's would be cool, and XX3's might even look alright. Basically, I think the lower the profile, the better the look... for instance,Chavez's Shox BB4 cleats and Orlando Cabrera's Zoom Generation cleats looked nice, while Frank Thomas' Shox Ups look absurd.

Regardless, though... I think this little trend will disappear. Guys started doing it because the standard baseball cleat had a midsole wedge and lackedforefoot cushioning... now that full-length midsoles are pretty much the standard for almost all brands, there's no sense in wearing a bulky sneaker whenyou could wear a shoe that is designed specifically for baseball and is just as comfortable. Why sacrifice performance for appearance?

Thanks Markyd for the pic.

On another note, not so much love for the fuse huh? I Know you can ID those but not the 5tools. I want to get new cleats this season....not sure what todo........

On an MLB level... they're getting a little bit of love. David Wright, Vernon Wells, Freddy Sanchez, and others are wearing them... Robi Cano was wearingthem last season... Manny was wearing a pair earlier in the week... and I think they're pretty decent looking. I'm just not too fond of Shox.

You can do some really sweet things with them in ID, though. You can even use the 5-Tool's Zoom Air cage, which I really dig. If you have $120 to throwaround, I'd say go for it... just use the Zoom Air in the heel.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Here's an interesting open ended question: Considering Chavez was probably the first player to popularize cleating basketball shoes, what shoe would you most like to see in a cleated version?

Foams would look a little silly in baseball if you ask me. BB2's might be nice except for the swoosh on the back... Soldier's would be alright, but I think there'd be a lot of better options out there. And 97's would be tough... when they add the cleat plates to the shoes, they dig out parts of the outsole and midsole, so it'd basically be impossible for any shoe where the Air-Sole is directly connected to the outsole (without any foam in between).

Some Jordans would look nice... Dustin Ackley rocked a pair of XI's in last year's College World Series.
10o1px4.jpg

XIII's would be cool, and XX3's might even look alright. Basically, I think the lower the profile, the better the look... for instance, Chavez's Shox BB4 cleats and Orlando Cabrera's Zoom Generation cleats looked nice, while Frank Thomas' Shox Ups look absurd.

Regardless, though... I think this little trend will disappear. Guys started doing it because the standard baseball cleat had a midsole wedge and lacked forefoot cushioning... now that full-length midsoles are pretty much the standard for almost all brands, there's no sense in wearing a bulky sneaker when you could wear a shoe that is designed specifically for baseball and is just as comfortable. Why sacrifice performance for appearance?
I'm glad that you took the bait! Frank Thomas and his Shox were awful, however ,Chavez BB4's were my favorite, maybe second after that UNCpic you posted.

I never thought about the 23's, they would look Great. 18's have potential as well! 4's also!

Couple pics from today...

46925b4e6f74d53d213d3f3e41ade8441a8ae65.jpg

Michael Young Shox Fuse PE (there's some love for the Fuse, energycube)

50b253cee07655aa2baddb2a1548a7eea12e220.jpg

Jason Varitek 5-Tool PE (much nicer than his '07 model, which looked way too clunky with all the red)

...and this is from a few days ago, but...
6c035d50eb17719358d52c7adb21afb21650fe4.jpg

Mariano Rivera, STILL wearing the '94 Clippers (one of the last guys to do so)

Foams would look a little silly in baseball if you ask me. BB2's might be nice except for the swoosh on the back... Soldier's would be alright, but I think there'd be a lot of better options out there. And 97's would be tough... when they add the cleat plates to the shoes, they dig out parts of the outsole and midsole, so it'd basically be impossible for any shoe where the Air-Sole is directly connected to the outsole (without any foam in between).

10o1px4.jpg

XIII's would be cool, and XX3's might even look alright. Basically, I think the lower the profile, the better the look... for instance, Chavez's Shox BB4 cleats and Orlando Cabrera's Zoom Generation cleats looked nice, while Frank Thomas' Shox Ups look absurd.

Regardless, though... I think this little trend will disappear. Guys started doing it because the standard baseball cleat had a midsole wedge and lacked forefoot cushioning... now that full-length midsoles are pretty much the standard for almost all brands, there's no sense in wearing a bulky sneaker when you could wear a shoe that is designed specifically for baseball and is just as comfortable. Why sacrifice performance for appearance?
I'm glad that you took the bait! Frank Thomas and his Shox were awful, however ,Chavez BB4's were my favorite, maybe second after that UNC pic you posted.

I never thought about the 23's, they would look Great. 18's have potential as well! 4's also!
Just had a thought. I would LOVE to see the Air Max 180 (1) in a cleated version. The PE's would be incredible and the rear air bubble could bechanged to the caged zoom like many of the 5-tools we've been seeing.
14023101_z.jpg

^ I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. I don't think that was a very successful design in general, and I don't think that'd translatewell to baseball either.

Thinking about it, though... this trend actually kinda bothers me. Yeah, it's interesting to see an Andruw Jones PE that borrows from basketball, andit's cool when Chavez wears a basketball shoe... but I'm glad that Nike's placing more emphasis on shoes like the 5-Tools and I'm glad that somany guys are wearing them. The fact that Nike pushed the two Huarache cleats and the Shox Monster cleats so hard just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm notsaying I don't understand why they did it--those were successful models from other sports that could fit in well with baseball--but it was like they feltbaseball wasn't worth the effort of having its own iconic designs. I know baseball will never have the street appeal of basketball or the mass or the massmarket appeal of running, but I hate it when they have to resort to borrowing from another sport just to create a buzz.

I'd much rather see more versatile designs like the 5-Tool and Fuse, more sigs (and preferably for guys that most people actually like... i.e. not A-Rod),and more designs in general. Basically, I miss how the set up the lines they had back in the 90s... a flashy statement model (Diamond Fury), a power sig(Griffey), a speed sig (K-Lo), a conservative low (Clipper), a conservative mid (Show), and some other models rounding it all out. The current line is prettysweet, but I'd just like to see a few more models released at the same time and more models that are unique to baseball in their designs.

Robinson Cano:
capt.ff85321c1a8d4647afabb25e62ac758a.yankees_astros_spring_baseball_fldp114.jpg

Jim Edmonds in Clippers. Still can't believe we don't have him anymore
frown.gif

bd656a675267c59c0961504278bb2f5f-getty-80037364lb007_kansas_city_r.jpg

Vernon Wells
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

170dbd706011593c56374cbaddd96270-getty-80037403es005_reds_bluejays.jpg

Carl Crawford
capt.f2a4b48a09d042768e076df677450df2.rays_reds_spring_baseball_flab112.jpg

Cliff Floyd
capt.c7b45fc17fa54be2a5a8c3fdbdaed983.rays_pirates_spring_baseball_flab116.jpg

Originally Posted by TheOtherAI9

Jim Edmonds in Clippers. Still can't believe we don't have him anymore
frown.gif

bd656a675267c59c0961504278bb2f5f-getty-80037364lb007_kansas_city_r.jpg
I saw Jimmy wearing the Clippers, so since we're on the topic...

I'm kinda disappointed, because he was wearing interesting shoe at the end last year. He was wearing red Diamond Trainers (a baseball turf shoe) withcleats added.
87135f7ae1367bc053a62891d428ad5b9c9794d.jpg

67f15ce4765d28dd025db2a826c9a339f8f154f.jpg

I was hoping he'd bring them back, but in a black pair...

Anybody know of anywhere else you can get the Pujols 5-tools other than Sports Authority? They ran out of size 12's I was just curious, do they sell themin store? just online? Info would be appreciated, thanks!

Marky,

Jim Thome has had turf shoes turned into cleats before as well. I just can't find any pics right now.
ohwell.gif

Interesting to see Crawford and Floyd wearing navy colored cleats. I like them a lot! Most navy cleats I've seen just haven't looked right.

BUT, I really wish I had a pair of these black/navy huarache 2k4's

capt.6da58c900d434e8db8809deb14bdb398.padres_mariners_spring_baseball_azcr110.jpg

I've seen Felix Hernadez wear these before but I can't find the pic.

*EDIT* Nevermind, here is a pic

get_image

^ I'm pretty sure the upper part of Floyd's cleats are navy, and the bottom part of the upper (the toe, sides, and heel up to the strap) are black. Iagree... I like those a lot.

Sheffield and a few other Yankees used to wear those black/navy 2K4's, too. For some reason, I love how black/navy together looks in baseball cleats... inother sports its as good looking, but I really dig it here.
Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Anybody know of anywhere else you can get the Pujols 5-tools other than Sports Authority? They ran out of size 12's I was just curious, do they sell them in store? just online? Info would be appreciated, thanks!
I'm not sure... I haven't been to a Sports Authority since I saw those on their website, but since it's so early in the season,hopefully they'll re-stock. Try calling their customer service (1.888.801.9164) and ask if they'll be offering more online.

^ I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. I don't think that was a very successful design in general, and I don't think that'd translate well to baseball either.

Thinking about it, though... this trend actually kinda bothers me. Yeah, it's interesting to see an Andruw Jones PE that borrows from basketball, and it's cool when Chavez wears a basketball shoe... but I'm glad that Nike's placing more emphasis on shoes like the 5-Tools and I'm glad that so many guys are wearing them. The fact that Nike pushed the two Huarache cleats and the Shox Monster cleats so hard just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not saying I don't understand why they did it--those were successful models from other sports that could fit in well with baseball--but it was like they felt baseball wasn't worth the effort of having its own iconic designs. I know baseball will never have the street appeal of basketball or the mass or the mass market appeal of running, but I hate it when they have to resort to borrowing from another sport just to create a buzz.

I'd much rather see more versatile designs like the 5-Tool and Fuse, more sigs (and preferably for guys that most people actually like... i.e. not A-Rod), and more designs in general. Basically, I miss how the set up the lines they had back in the 90s... a flashy statement model (Diamond Fury), a power sig (Griffey), a speed sig (K-Lo), a conservative low (Clipper), a conservative mid (Show), and some other models rounding it all out. The current line is pretty sweet, but I'd just like to see a few more models released at the same time and more models that are unique to baseball in their designs.

Well played! I am inclined to agree with you. Baseball should not get leftovers, it's not the red-headed stepchild of the sportsworld. They toodeserve the great design and innovation that Nike is known for.

This Spring, I've been impressed with the flexibility that Nike Baseball has shown, making hybrids of the top models!

^I never knew some Yankees wore the black/navy 2k4's as well. Beltre wore them yesterday too.

Moises Alou in Huarache 2k4's

capt.c139f068a1f140b58b17efca6c64fd4b.mets_alou_spring_baseball_flnh109.jpg

Matt Holliday in 5-Tools

dd43eac4a516ef0e2a174d927ae23c14-getty-79656695jg008_chicago_white.jpg

Dave Roberts in last years model 5-Tools

86df6c31102ba263163fb1a7d6cd66f5-getty-79075534sd014_texas_rangers.jpg

Fear the Mongolian Chop - didn't King Felix wear some grey/white cleats last season? know what they were?
and whats Beltre wearing this season? from what I recall, he previously had 2k4's right?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Fear the Mongolian Chop - didn't King Felix wear some grey/white cleats last season? know what they were?
and whats Beltre wearing this season? from what I recall, he previously had 2k4's right?

I don't quite remember exactly what Felix wore last year, but he did wear the grey/black huarache 2k5's a few times. Maybe that's the shoeyou're thinking of.

Beltre recently has worn the black/navy huarache 2k4 that a couple of the Mariners pictured above have worn. Last year he wore the black/white and black/grey2k4's too.

Back
Top Bottom