** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Does anybody know if Nike is going to release anymore colors of the Swingmans? I know they have four colors available now but I was just wondering if theyplanned on releasing anymore before I decide what one's to scoop up. Thanks!

1fa267e4dd1eabd93c1ba09d31cdd7aa339ce9f5.pjpg
31026e844e103b8e3ecb899b39a6430ed780f87d.pjpg
dfe260d4721b8bbe311b90942d7f699f86c1ca78.pjpg

Eastbay has up some of the new reebok stuff. I think these are such an improvement over last years big papis. I'm bias but i think these and the highand tight hexmetals are amazing. The turfs look awesome too. Reebok is taking a huge step in the right direction.

New Team!

Not long ago, Ken Griffey Jr. was one of the most sought-after players in baseball. Last year, he finished as a late-season rental.

Griffey
According to an SI.com report on Tuesday, the Chicago White Sox will not try to re-sign the free-agent outfielder. That means the sure Hall of Famer will haveplayed only 41 games in Chicago, which lost to the Tampa Bay Rays in the AL Division Series.

The White Sox acquired Griffey from the Cincinnati Reds in July. The team held off the Minnesota Twins for the AL Central crown but lost in four games to theRays in the playoffs.

Between the two teams last season, Griffey hit only .249 with 18 homers and 71 RBIs in 490 at-bats.

He is a career .288 hitter with 611 home runs. The 13-time All-Star and 1997 MVP played 11 seasons in Seattle and parts of nine with Cincinnati.

well i guess we can say this thread is done for a while. It has been a great thread all year. Easton guys you were awesome giving away stuff(even though itseemed if i was ever gone a couple days you gave something away so i never got anything) too bad marky hasnt been around lately to see the end

I totally agree with UGcatcher, the Easton guys were awesome especially with their giveaways (thanks for the batting gloves!) , and everyone's contributionof the new cleats around it was a great season of baseball. Hopefully next year this thread will be continued.

End of the MLB season for sure. However there is still so much (gear) to come out during the off season and the World Baseball Classic is just a couple ofmonths. Nevertheless this season was so great, I wished the rays would have won game 5 and 6 to push it to a game 7 (phils winning it) just to see morebaseball.

Was definitely fun to be a part of this thread guys...just so you all know I stopped working at Easton as of 2 weeks ago...wish me luck with new opportunities

Have a great offseason

KW

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Was definitely fun to be a part of this thread guys...just so you all know I stopped working at Easton as of 2 weeks ago...wish me luck with new opportunities

Have a great offseason

KW
Good luck in the new opportunities of life... Just wondering, why leave such a cool job???More money in the same industry (Nike perhaps)??? Or just a different career path altogether??? Sorry for all the questions, working in the PE department ofNike, Adidas, Reebok, Easton, etc. would be a dream job of mine...

The thread isn' t dead...we have the hot stove to look forward to!

BTW, I just finished my Baseball Umpiring course and started Softball this evening...so I'll be looking for all-black turfs to wear on the base paths!

Any ideas?

I would like to wear the blacked out Zoom Turfs:
turf_training_blk_blk.jpg

Whatcha guys think?

Should I just go with baseball trainers?

14605012_w.jpg

^ I have those baseball trainers above and I love them. Also the tongue cover is removable so if you don't need it you can take it off.

Matt,

Either would work but I would actually contemplate wearing some cleats for traction; I umped this entire summer and I wore Zoom Clippers and Max MVP's andthey were really nice. When it rained lightly, it was nice to have the metal cleats for in the muddy conditions.

ZOOM TURFS ARE MY GRAILS!lol jk, but ni reall love em top 10 all time to me. have 4 pairs right now 3 ds. i dont have any all black tho

Originally Posted by MP23

Matt,

Either would work but I would actually contemplate wearing some cleats for traction; I umped this entire summer and I wore Zoom Clippers and Max MVP's and they were really nice. When it rained lightly, it was nice to have the metal cleats for in the muddy conditions.
You cant wear cleats to umpire. Its incredibly tacky and I know, as a coach, when I see an umpire wearing cleats my first thought is this guys aclown.

I can't? Who says, you the authority on umping, big league coach??? Your first thought when you see umpires should be "Is this guy gonna make goodcalls today and knows what he's doing?," not what type of footwear he's wearing. I'm not umping in the MLB so I could really care less whatyou think. Geez, sometimes I love the dudes on NT, so nice!!
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom