***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

Our local Majestic rep was in our store the other day showing the 2015 line, and we spoke about the MLB contract.

MLB didn't put it up for tender/bid like NFL, NBA, NHL would have. They have already renewed for another 5 years with Majestic.

One of the main reasons he stated was turnaround times - most things are produced in the US. If a player gets traded Majestic can ensure his next jersey will be at the new team waiting for him. (I would think Nike, Rawlings, UA, or whoever else could make that happen pretty easily as well though). Sounds like it was one of those cases where MLB was happy with what they were getting and saw no need for change.

Some of the pieces he had were pretty nice, it was cool to see the materials used for Authentic on field and BP jerseys. The Authentic jerseys use stretch twill numbers and letters, which was interesting as that style of twill is used primarily in football. One really nice piece was a fleece longsleeve with zippers at the elbow, to be worn as SS or LS. They didn't like seeing guys cut the sleeves off their long sleeve crew neck fleece, which of course included cutting off the logo.

The convertible 2 in 1 SS/LS jacket is now gone, they are making a longsleeve jacket, and a new short sleeve (which also has a very nice design). I can attach some pictures from the catalogue.

I kind of had my fingers crossed for a serious bid from Rawlings or Nike. Those two brands are absolutely killing it in College Baseball, lots of teams look amazing these days. V Neck Pullovers need to re-emerge in my opinion, which is slowly happening in college. My team's next set will be V Neck's with thick armbands from Rawlings. (If I could get a custom set from Nike, I would - see Oklahoma State orange).

Majestic keeps churning out jerseys with piping down the middle and to the sleeves. Thin band to the neck if not. Rinse, repeat. Nothing ever changes really.

May have mentioned it, but if anyone in here manages teams or has influence with uniform decisions for their teams, feel free to contact me. The company I work for has access to all the major brands, we do our own sewing, embroidery, sublimation, heat setting, and also offers shipping. Plus, we deal in Canadian dollars, which gives you yankees a better rate.
wink.gif
I would definitely like to see what they are doing as far as the new jacket...as opposed to the "Gamer" that was convertable. 

Did anybody else check out Morses cleats he wore at home? They were the vapor trouts but in a giants color way and a hint of volt

The Franklin classic is back and it can be customized. Very dangerous news for myself. Been wanting this for years.

Well that is some of the more exciting news I've heard about baseball gear in awhile. I'm not passing up a chance to get my hands on some Franklin Classics.

I would also like to see pictures of the 2015 majestic line. Especially the replacements of the convertible gamer jacket

Looks like the trout vapors are hitting nikeid on Nov 15th. I was hoping it was going to be MVP low 2s.

If anyone one is interested in these let me know. I received them my first year in pro ball and never really used them. Their size 11.

The white pair has more use then the green pair. The green pair have only been worn about 5 times.
If they were 11.5 or 12's I'd buy both. Probably my favorite baseball turfs EVER. I have the Blk/Org and Blk/Blu

Last edited:
The Nike Turfs I posted earlier are actually 11.5, I made a typing mistake. Shoot me a message and let me know if you might be interested. They are awesome turfs. I wish they still made them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom