Money Mayweather Officially Retires...NO REMATCH WITH OSCAR!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

for the casual boxing fan,

were yall really lookin forward to a 2nd De La Hoya/PBF fight?

to be honest, i just wanted to see de la hoya get outboxed again... all the de la hoya fans i know swear to this day that he won that fight
alien.gif

The man's had enough huge paydays to go out and live his life in luxury until he dies. At age 31. I wish I had it like that. But I'm actually glad.He's at a high-point, take it and leave it. Hopefully he stays retired, as well. Too many boxers stay far too long past their prime, too many fighters endup in financial ruins (Anyone hear about Holyfields woes? No wonder he still wants to fight) so when you see a young guy go out with all his money and all hiswits, I can't get mad at him...

Well no becuase the last one, but I would love for Floyd to work him like Hatton.

Did yall see 24/7 when he went to the hand doctor? He has always had hand problems and if he kept fighting he might do permanent damage. His speed and defenseis probably the best ever...I can't remember him ever getting hit with a big shot.

he isn't done and he isn't stupid enough to waste his money. He learned from 50 how to handle his bread.

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Did yall see 24/7 when he went to the hand doctor? He has always had hand problems and if he kept fighting he might do permanent damage. His speed and defense is probably the best ever...I can't remember him ever getting hit with a big shot.

He's been rocked. I know Zab Judah got him with a few clean, hard shots to the body and face. I don't think his speed is that great, in fact Ithink Zab is considerably faster. The difference is his dedication to the sport and his mastery of the little nuances of the sport. James Toney, in a sense, isthe same way. If you learn how to fight a protective fight and protect yourself, you're going to have a much better chances of winning...

For the simple fact that De La Hoya promised a victory, I would have to say yes. I'm not saying he will win exactly but I want to see De La Hoyaeat up his words or prove me wrong.

^^^ Rocked aint the word, He has been hit hard. Never had to fight thru being on the ropes.
I dont think Floyd's speed is that great

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

What!
smh.gif

Zab is not faster than Floyd, he has an eerily similar skill set and yup he is hardly motivated and often distracted and has never been as dedicated as PBF,but he is not faster than "Pretty Please" Floyd
I'd rather see a Zab/Floyd rematch than a De La Pollo re-do.

floyds career is going to be highly scrutinized only because what has made some of our all time fighters great is the amount of adversity theyfaced, and Floyd just hasnt done that.
thats what gives us our heroic performances that go down in history and help increase a fighter's legendary status.
For every 'All Time Great' U can name at least one fight where they had to drag themselves off the matt or come back from some long odds or even win arematched fight.

PBF is great and a Hall of Famer but history is not going to be kind to Floyd
a Big win vs Cotto would silence a lot of doubters and critics tho

947156e94ca00fca0d78d9bad8d0d56e34af9d4.gif

wink.gif

^^^ Rocked aint the word, He has been hit hard. Never had to fight thru being on the ropes.
I dont think Floyd's speed is that great

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

What!
smh.gif

Zab is not faster than Floyd, he has an eerily similar skill set and yup he is hardly motivated and often distracted and has never been as dedicated as PBF, but he is not faster than "Pretty Please" Floyd
I'd rather see a Zab/Floyd rematch than a De La Pollo re-do.

floyds career is going to be highly scrutinized only because what has made some of our all time fighters great is the amount of adversity they faced, and Floyd just hasnt done that.
thats what gives us our heroic performances that go down in history and help increase a fighter's legendary status.
For every 'All Time Great' U can name at least one fight where they had to drag themselves off the matt or come back from some long odds or even win a rematched fight.

PBF is great and a Hall of Famer but history is not going to be kind to Floyd
a Big win vs Cotto would silence a lot of doubters and critics tho

947156e94ca00fca0d78d9bad8d0d56e34af9d4.gif

wink.gif

good lord lets see where we start off at

The only good thing about a Floyd VS Juda rematch would be the trash talking before the fight. juda would have NO CHANCE and with DLH trying to go out with W ican see him just swinging away tyring to knock out floyd.

and floyd champship performance is the Jose Luis Castillo fight. had a broken hand i think it was and was just in a war had to man up and throw to win thefight.

in order for floyd not fighting cotto to hurt him history wise cotto cant lose any fights pretty much. which i dont see happen cause DLH is going to tap his+++

Originally Posted by Pier49

This was he'll make so much more with his "Coming out of Retirement Match" with Oscar. No way is he done.
If so, DLH vs Pacquiou?
oscar sucks balls these days but he would hurt pacman so bad

laugh.gif
Pacman dont even belong in a Floyd Mayweather or De La Hoya discussion
roll.gif

im a BIG manny fan and i don't want him being mentioned with PBJ or DLH
tired.gif

Pac is 130 and trying to move to 135 for better money fights , De La Pollo fights anywhere from 150 - 160

like I said, Pac does not belong in the convo.

Crap, I was hoping he would fight Hatton one more time.

I guess if you want to see Hatton take a more severe beating. Floyd scienced him up in the last meeting and Hatton's skills look to be on the decline.

Pacman dont even belong in a Floyd Mayweather or De La Hoya discussion

Seriously...
roll.gif

I can see why people fantasize about it but I honestly pray that fight never happens.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

BHPbadboi wrote:
I think he goes out as TOP 3 or 4 of all time!
Roy Jones, Ali, Tyson, Hopkins>Mayweather

roll.gif
are you serious

anyways PBF will be back.. i think hes just awaiting the winner of the margarito/cotto bout

Back
Top Bottom