Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

True, they could’ve made the whole movie the Scorpion vs Sub-Zero story, but then certain people would’ve been upset certain characters didn’t make an appearance. I think they did what they could just in case they don’t get a shot to make a sequel.

Daniel Wu should've been Liu Kang, Stephen Amell, Katheryn Winnick, Emily Beecham all need to be cast in the next 1
You basically saying replace the cast with Into the Badlands and add dude from Arrow and shorty from Vikings :lol:

True, they could’ve made the whole movie the Scorpion vs Sub-Zero story, but then certain people would’ve been upset certain characters didn’t make an appearance. I think they did what they could just in case they don’t get a shot to make a sequel.
In some way, this kind of felt like a pitch to the studio. It all felt like a setup to eventually show more characters, and eventually the tournament which is what we want to see.

A6DF3F1D-3545-498C-84A2-150821A8AD77.jpeg

They should of stayed with it being before the tournament and not added any main bad guys. Just stick to scorpion and subzero with the rival clans. Have a couple fights, middle be scorpions death and transformation, have him come back and kill some clan members, tease the tournament and subzero. How do you mess that up?

It would’ve been dope and made more sense but who’s going to go see just a Scorpion vs Sub-Zero movie besides people who love the games? That’s a recipe for a straight to DVD special

Their end game is to make as much money as possible not appease a small portion of the population who love the games/movies, I don’t imagine a studio would okay a big budget for the first movie in 20+ years to be a “versus” movie.

Last edited:
Which was the most disappointing. They had the story to tell right there. They then shelved it until the last 5 mins which then felt meaningless.

movie could of been better with the subtraction of 90% of what they threw in. Once raiden showed up the movie went downhill fast
Bruuuhhhh lmao! This BIG facts. I cringed

Not arguing since this is only my opinion, and I was completely surprised but after watching the 1995 film again, I actually enjoyed it alot more even though the 2021 version has a major technological advantage. It had a lot of inaccuracies compared to the game itself (just like the 2021 version) but I still found myself enjoying it a lot more.

It does frustrate me that **** like this can get made but something like Street Fighter Assassins' fist can get rejected by studios and networks. Not sure why the fan made **** can always get it right compared to the actual professionals

It would’ve been dope and made more sense but who’s going to go see just a Scorpion vs Sub-Zero movie besides people who love the games? That’s a recipe for a straight to DVD special

Their end game is to make as much money as possible not appease a small portion of the population who love the games/movies, I don’t imagine a studio would okay a big budget for the first movie in 20+ years to be a “versus” movie.
I’d figure the same amount of people would watch either film. Fact of the matter is throwing all you can into one movie never has and never will work. Add to that all the BS that’s Not even part of MK lore thrown in for the movie. We’ve accepted a different universe is coming along with some monsters. We don’t need to find out how these people got powers :lol:

Considering she was well aware they were killing people with the mark, zero clue why Sonya felt some type of way about not having one

Mortal Kombat can only be done as a series IMO. Each episode of season 1 focusing on a characters origin while weaving in a little tournament info...probably last 2-3 seasons tops. Game of Thrones level budget & it would work.

I’d figure the same amount of people would watch either film. Fact of the matter is throwing all you can into one movie never has and never will work. Add to that all the BS that’s Not even part of MK lore thrown in for the movie. We’ve accepted a different universe is coming along with some monsters. We don’t need to find out how these people got powers :lol:

I just wonder how they’re going to keep the regular person (who doesn’t really follow the games but knows the “main” characters) interested now that they’ve killed off: Cano, Goro, and Sub-Zero (we know who he will come back as but the casual fan may be confused). There’s tons of characters but their plan of appealing to the masses with these less known characters might f*ck them in the end.

This was technically a prequel to actual Mortal Kombat so I think ppl could go with it.

They could've easily made Mortal Kombat: Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion, have it partly be about the Lin Kuei and Shirai Ryu clans feuding, have an earlier MK tournament play the background where Outworld wins and merges with Edenia, and it'll only feature Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Shang Tsung, Zhao Khan, Quan Chi, Sindel, all of the fighters for Outworld, etc.

Then have it end with Hanzo's death and Raiden saving the baby. Skip to the present day tease Jax, Sonya, and Liu Kang.

hey the OG movie in 95 had 3 WMAC Masters guys in the cast, if i was doing the casting i would be pulling from Into the badlands, CW arrowverse, vikings, UFC, and WWE

You basically saying replace the cast with Into the Badlands and add dude from Arrow and shorty from Vikings :lol:

I enjoyed the movie. It wasn’t great but did enough to keep me watching.

Not sure why they didn’t, but Cole could’ve easily been Cage. Change a few elements of his story, mainly the Scorpion connection, to fit a washed actor trying to prove himself.

They definitely should’ve focused more on the Scorpion/Sub-Zero story. Felt the removal of Subs ice colored top to all black was a tease at Noob-Saibot, that over the top shot of him lying dead as well.

Kano was definitely the life of the party! Got a feeling he’ll be back if there’s a sequel. He’ll probably have the plate over his eye.

Wasn’t feeling Raiden. Shang was, eh.

Was that Shinnoks Amulet? The story surrounding the amulet is a great tale in its own. Freaking loved Sub-Zero Mythologies!!

hey the OG movie in 95 had 3 WMAC Masters guys in the cast, if i was doing the casting i would be pulling from Into the badlands, CW arrowverse, vikings, UFC, and WWE

i mean they took one dude from the raid already

go get the director too and couple other dudes.. look on John wick bringing those dudes over

then find a good looking athletic blonde white dude that could crack jokes and pull of Johnny cage

and give the bat to lagertha to be Sonya

I just wonder how they’re going to keep the regular person (who doesn’t really follow the games but knows the “main” characters) interested now that they’ve killed off: Cano, Goro, and Sub-Zero (we know who he will come back as but the casual fan may be confused). There’s tons of characters but their plan of appealing to the masses with these less known characters might f*ck them in the end.

I wouldn’t be too worried. Johnny Cage can have just as many sarcastic quips as Kano. Goro is easily replaceable with Kintaro/Sheeva/Motaro. And Sub-Zero can be replaced by his younger brother.

At worst case scenario, clearly Goro and Bi-Han’s bodies were taken by Shang Tsung so maybe the Zombie versions can come into play Since it’s part of the lore anyway.

I wouldn’t be too worried. Johnny Cage can have just as many sarcastic quips as Kano. Goro is easily replaceable with Kintaro/Sheeva/Motaro. And Sub-Zero can be replaced by his younger brother.

At worst case scenario, clearly Goro and Bi-Han’s bodies were taken by Shang Tsung so maybe the Zombie versions can come into play Since it’s part of the lore anyway.

True. That Johnny Cage casting is going to have a lot riding on it. The possibilities they can go with stories are crazy but hopefully they don’t ruin it

Movie was fire up to Jax losing his arms and then Sub-zero vs Scorpion.

Everything else was trash.

Also I've watched The Dark Knight too many times to take this guy serious :lol:

20210407_movie_fb.jpg

Revenant sub zero would be flames

48f64905ed190928c963c9b40dc030a7.png

Back
Top Bottom