Mother gets maliciously beaten in front of child during a home invasion :{ Jimmies will be rustled

2 sides to every story........ what if he was paid to do it???? :nerd:

By the husband :nerd:

Last edited:
2 sides to every story........ what if he was paid to do it????
nerd.gif
who cares? that doesnt justify anything

honestly this was a stupid post.

That's real savage **** :smh:.. Not condoning robbery but how was any of that beating necessary if that's what you went there to do :smh: :smh:

I dont see what the problem is. He is just eating skittles and drinking tea.  wut

Last edited:
:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Are they going to start showing black dudes raping white women on the news too with live footage? >D :stoneface:

Funny how what's shown in the news usually tends to support stereotypes and popular fears.

really trying to defend the video just because hes black though :rofl: and why are you even comparing this to rape?

wouldnt have to worry about live footage/being on the news in if he didnt do it in the first place white or black

Last edited:
[quote name="Sir Charles"][quote name="Brolic Scholar"]I'm saying this. There has been a fear that has been supported since slavery that black men are violent and a threat to white women. It's the reason a lot of black men were lynched in this country and a reason that without DNA evidence a lot of black men sit behind bars for rape and other violent crimes that they did not commit against white women.

All I'm saying is that this supports that stereotype and despite what the woman requested, this justifies, in a lot of white men's minds, the mistreatment and suspicion of black men.[/quote]Man, you are talking about something that goes beyond (BEGINS WITH) the media.[/quote]Fixed.

I had a FB picture on my wall a few weeks ago that had a news anchor and a caption that read "Thank you for tuning in to your 6 o'clock news. Now here's what we want you to think..."

All kinds of truth in that.

I'm completely w/ Brolic Scholar's angle, btw.

if anyone disagrees that there is a heavy racism depicted in the news, take this challenge, and I'm serious: pick a random day to watch your local, nightly news, and count how many positive, happy stories depict a white person, and how many negative stories depict a minority.

when you're done rolling your eyes by the end of the telecast and you think that maybe you just picked the wrong day, pick another day and do it again.

Last edited:
I appreciate the support Ska.

I guess as someone told me once years ago "[ I ] think too much." :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
This was utterly ridiculous

Made me so mad this morning I called every woman I know just to check on her

Both related and unrelated

My sister still wondering if I'm on some suicidal drama

I swear he got it coming I hate weak lames

[quote name="Sir Charles"][quote name="Brolic Scholar"]I'm saying this. There has been a fear that has been supported since slavery that black men are violent and a threat to white women. It's the reason a lot of black men were lynched in this country and a reason that without DNA evidence a lot of black men sit behind bars for rape and other violent crimes that they did not commit against white women.

All I'm saying is that this supports that stereotype and despite what the woman requested, this justifies, in a lot of white men's minds, the mistreatment and suspicion of black men.
Man, you are talking about something that goes beyond (BEGINS WITH) the media.[/quote]Fixed.

I had a FB picture on my wall a few weeks ago that had a news anchor and a caption that read "Thank you for tuning in to your 6 o'clock news. Now here's what we want you to think..."

if anyone disagrees that there is a heavy racism depicted in the news, take this challenge, and I'm serious: pick a random day to watch your local, nightly news, and count how many positive, happy stories depict a white person, and how many negative stories depict a minority.

when you're done rolling your eyes by the end of the telecast and you think that maybe you just picked the wrong day, pick another day and do it again.[/quote]

i agree with you and scholar on this, but i can understand showing this video. She obviously didn't want to show her face to the world, which i can't blame her.A still shot of a man and them just saying this man beat the living crap out of a woman infront of her kid probably won't get many peoples attention. But them showing him in the act really gets your attention and helps you remember what this man did to her.
now when the media shows those stupid *** video's of a minority acting stupid yeah that's annoying

My bad. |I

I wouldn't want what happened to that woman to happen to any woman. I didn't mean to take away from the cruelty of this violent act or make this a race issue. That was my first reaction and I let it flow instead of thinking that no matter what the color of the attacker or victim, I should be outrage by what happened and not the media covering it.

And no, I'm not that jaded. And no I'm not trolling.

We need an "I'm sorry NT" emoticon.

View media item 468997

Repped my dude

Happens to all of us.

Fixed.

when you're done rolling your eyes by the end of the telecast and you think that maybe you just picked the wrong day, pick another day and do it again.

With the Hernandez situation going on nows not a good time to test that theory just sayin, n the guy off the browns too can't remember his name tho

Have they caught this fool yet? Just asking this was on my mind toda...
ohwell.gif
Yes they have
Web produced by Jennifer Matarese, Eyewitness News

MILLBURN, N.J. (WABC) -- A suspect has been arrested in the brutal home invasion and beating of a woman in Millburn.

The arrest of 42-year-old Shawn Custis was made in conjunction with the FBI Task Force, members of the Essex County Prosecutor's office, the NYPD and Milburn Police.

FBI agents arrested Shawn Custis in the Inwood section of Manhattan Friday evening. He was allegedly hiding out at his girlfriend's home.

As the 42-year-old was hauled off to Newark, that woman's daughter who refused to give her name, explained they had no idea he was allegedly caught on nanny cam punching, kicking, and choking a woman in her home and in front of her scared 3-year-old daughter.

The video brought her to tears.

She says they didn't see this video because they don't have cable TV.

Last Friday, the suspect forcibly entered the woman's Cypress Street home at around 10 a.m., where the mother was with two young children.

He assaulted the woman, including throwing her down the basement stairs.

A portion of the horrifying attack was captured on the family's home video and shown to the public earlier this week.

Her 3-year-old daughter and 1-year-old son were not physically hurt.

And amazingly their mother only suffered minor injuries.

Custis is charged with first degree attempted murder in connection with the June 21 assault on the Millburn mother. He is also charged with first degree robbery, 2nd degree burglary and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

The Honorable Judge Thomas Moore, J.S.C., has set bail at $750,000.

County chief of detectives Anthony Ambrose said Friday that Custis was being transported to an undisclosed location in New Jersey.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9155957

Have they caught this fool yet? Just asking this was on my mind toda...
ohwell.gif
Yes they have
Web produced by Jennifer Matarese, Eyewitness News

MILLBURN, N.J. (WABC) -- A suspect has been arrested in the brutal home invasion and beating of a woman in Millburn.

The arrest of 42-year-old Shawn Custis was made in conjunction with the FBI Task Force, members of the Essex County Prosecutor's office, the NYPD and Milburn Police.

FBI agents arrested Shawn Custis in the Inwood section of Manhattan Friday evening. He was allegedly hiding out at his girlfriend's home.

As the 42-year-old was hauled off to Newark, that woman's daughter who refused to give her name, explained they had no idea he was allegedly caught on nanny cam punching, kicking, and choking a woman in her home and in front of her scared 3-year-old daughter.

The video brought her to tears.

She says they didn't see this video because they don't have cable TV.

Last Friday, the suspect forcibly entered the woman's Cypress Street home at around 10 a.m., where the mother was with two young children.

He assaulted the woman, including throwing her down the basement stairs.

A portion of the horrifying attack was captured on the family's home video and shown to the public earlier this week.

Her 3-year-old daughter and 1-year-old son were not physically hurt.

And amazingly their mother only suffered minor injuries.

Custis is charged with first degree attempted murder in connection with the June 21 assault on the Millburn mother. He is also charged with first degree robbery, 2nd degree burglary and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

The Honorable Judge Thomas Moore, J.S.C., has set bail at $750,000.

County chief of detectives Anthony Ambrose said Friday that Custis was being transported to an undisclosed location in New Jersey.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9155957

Back
Top Bottom