MTA to eliminate Student Metrocards

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

exactly but its funny you state that because i live in the heights and theres so many new white residents around here. i feel like they pushing all of the dominicans and minorities to dyckman or something. but deadass the 1 line is horrible all the stations from 96st n up is bad.

laugh.gif
They are pushing DR people out. I see it around my old block (Fairview Ave stand up). The days of sharing a 3 bedroom apt with 10 of your relatives, while sharing a room with your brother and 2 cousins are coming to a close. It's happening here in Harlem, where I reside.
its not gonna happen anywhere as fast as harlem because dominicans own da majorites of small business uptown...black dudes sold they soul to huge retail

establishment. also remember that alot of these apartments are still protected under stabilized rents that can't be removed. whateva white cats moving in da heightz are

payin up da nose to mingle wit us.

also don't confuse fort washington ave w/ da rest of da heightz..thats been white and jews since as far as i remember...you wanna see a neighborhood transform

within 3 blocks? walk from 181 & broadway to 181 & cabrini ave....its like when u was in grand theft auto and a new section of da city loaded
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
True. damn, those Euros got majestic views of the Hudson/GWB.

Yall just better stay on the lease. My rent is $600.00, and it's stabilized because the apt has been in our family for more than 30 years.

dude really thinks stabilized rent is gonna be around forever

That whole passing your apt down relatives is gonna come to an end soon

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

dude really thinks stabilized rent is gonna be around forever

That whole passing your apt down relatives is gonna come to an end soon
Stabilized rent will be gone by the end of Bloomberg's 3rd term. Bank on it.

The MTA needs to be audited to see where all of that money is going and what they are doing with it. A MTA is terribly run organization from top to bottom.

MTA is garbage thank God i have a car. Paying for that garbage transportation, every morning a crowded train etc etc I actually would like to know where allthis money is going because i feel like i've been getting that same trash service for years

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by Diego

Howd I know there would be at least one comment on that kid's waves?

And about this story, I think its a scare tactic on the part of the MTA.
I dont see them cutting student passes.

smh.gif
seriously, only gonna be like 2 people in class if they do that

/thread, thank god I graduated this past June

hah. i remember parents or students using the student metro on days where there would be no school on the 7 train and cops would hand out tickets.

i guess those days are done. i think its a damn shame.

hah. i remember parents or students using the student metro on days where there would be no school on the 7 train and cops would hand out tickets.

i guess those days are done. i think its a damn shame.

Yo on all that is true, Someone needs to dispose of the MTA and people running it and setup a fair a just public transportion system here in NYC that knows howto use the money efficiently and doesn't ask for a damn fare hike every god damn year.

Now they wanna take away student metrocards which have a ride limit so students can get to and from school??!?!?!?! what kinda b.s. is that.

Eff the MTA for this one.

Mta is just going out of their mind with the fare hikes and cut offs....just terrible for new yorkers

the more they raise the fairs the more MTA gets messed up with there cuts and service !! SMH

should be like this, the more they charge you for a ride the better things should be!

It could be a scare tactic like that other person said. Remember when they said they were going to raise the fare to 2.50? I think they just did that so whenthey raised it to 2.25 instead, people would say "Oh I guess it's not so bad". I know I did.

i see no reason in the MTA being a private business, its one of the few instances that im for something being government owned

smh.gif

I don't want to have to pay for the LIRR AND regular subway trains just to get to school every day.

Idk how MTA is not making bank

people always ridin their %#!#
if u go to any other city nobody even rides public transportion as much as nyc does

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

the MTA doesn't have the same agenda as the gov't(which is [hopefully] to foster education)

I can understand the rationale, but I don't see why they are going to charge full price starting 2011. I would think you'd want to keep a student discount of some amount
DAMN......They were getting a free ride???

NY must not have busses or something. In stl, people arent even that far from any school in the city and they charge students like 50% of the cost for bustickets or the school provides them to certain kids.

Why cant the schools pay for them,??? They get paid for every kid that goes to their school......so they should work a deal with transit for a discount andprovide them to the kids or let the school buy for 75% of the cost and sell it to the kids for 25% of the cost.

The problem is the MTA is run by a bunch of morons. I'd really like to know where all their money goes. I doubt it goes to maintenence because it'sstill dirty as hell.

Back
Top Bottom