MUST READ!!! Finishline horror story...

This is why America's "Customer Service" system is flawed. OP buys shoes from one store and tries to bring them back to another. By doing this he hurts that store manager's overall productivity, gives him shoes he cant sell, and probably screws up his pay. Then he gets on a message board and rants and raves about customer service when he is completely bending over the manager in this scenario. This story makes no sense.

This is why America's "Customer Service" system is flawed. OP buys shoes from one store and tries to bring them back to another. By doing this he hurts that store manager's overall productivity, gives him shoes he cant sell, and probably screws up his pay. Then he gets on a message board and rants and raves about customer service when he is completely bending over the manager in this scenario. This story makes no sense.

Make sure you post this on Yelp and every other place you can post reviews about stores. That is just pathetic!

Make sure you post this on Yelp and every other place you can post reviews about stores. That is just pathetic!

On my way out I would have accidentally knocked down allllll the displays and completely ruined the front window display, he wants to e an ignorant @#$%%+#, I can play that game too....what he gonna do??...chase me and beat my $!%??...I would gladly let him and the seethe ****tttt out the company.

On my way out I would have accidentally knocked down allllll the displays and completely ruined the front window display, he wants to e an ignorant @#$%%+#, I can play that game too....what he gonna do??...chase me and beat my $!%??...I would gladly let him and the seethe ****tttt out the company.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by air max 87

The reason they do this is because they have people (#!@%+*# at ones at that) buy release day jordans thinking they are gonna make $$$ and flip them, after a week or 2 dudes try and return for the money back, issue is the store gets stuck with these shoes majority of the time, no one wants 2 or 3 week old jordans unless its hyped.

Footlocker/Footaction/Champs doesnt take back release date products at the managers discretion now because of the same issue, same thing with house of hoops.
As long as this policy is disclosed to the consumer prior to or at the time of purchase (whether on the back of the receipt or a posted sign), I have no problem with the store refusing the return.

If it is an internal policy, how do they expect the customer's to know?  how can they hold the customer liable for not knowing about some internal back office policy?

That's why Nordstrom doesn't have a return policy. They do returns on a case-by-case basis.
pretty sure florida law requires it be posted like that, on the receipt or the counter etc. I threatened to sue the #%*# out of a manager one time for not wanting to take back a pair of nubuck XIIs that were a half size too big after he had been %++!!$!!%$$+ me for a minute and he changed his tune real quick

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by air max 87

The reason they do this is because they have people (#!@%+*# at ones at that) buy release day jordans thinking they are gonna make $$$ and flip them, after a week or 2 dudes try and return for the money back, issue is the store gets stuck with these shoes majority of the time, no one wants 2 or 3 week old jordans unless its hyped.

Footlocker/Footaction/Champs doesnt take back release date products at the managers discretion now because of the same issue, same thing with house of hoops.
As long as this policy is disclosed to the consumer prior to or at the time of purchase (whether on the back of the receipt or a posted sign), I have no problem with the store refusing the return.

If it is an internal policy, how do they expect the customer's to know?  how can they hold the customer liable for not knowing about some internal back office policy?

That's why Nordstrom doesn't have a return policy. They do returns on a case-by-case basis.
pretty sure florida law requires it be posted like that, on the receipt or the counter etc. I threatened to sue the #%*# out of a manager one time for not wanting to take back a pair of nubuck XIIs that were a half size too big after he had been %++!!$!!%$$+ me for a minute and he changed his tune real quick

these corporate slave puppets are comedy.

this is what happens when you leave company puppets with no intelligence or education in charge of a store (this doesn't apply to all emplottes or managers but i'd say a good 80% of shoe store employee/ managers are like that.

i remember a while back i tried returning some unworn lebrons with receipt and everything i bought at a local footaction. dude tried giving me some made up policy about how they don't do returns. i asked him polietly why the policy on the back of the receipt said something completely different. dude tried playing stupid so i told him that if i called his district manager right now how would he feel that one of his AT WILL EMPLOYERS (THAT CAN BE FIRED AT ANY GIVEN TIME) was violating company policy and trying to make his own rules up. dude got mad and said he'd do the return for me but that in his words it was only a "One time deal" i made things worse by saying how is it a one time deal if the policy on the receipt says im entitled to a return and that if i buy a pair of shoes and their unworn and i have my receipt and i don't want them i can return em. dude just gave me a dirty look and handed me my money back.

another time i was with my boy riverxbear from on the board here at the footaction on 34th st, employees were extra helpful to both of us when we walked in and picked the shoes we wanted out. at the time he worked for the company, when we got to the register and it was time to pay he pulled out his most recent paystub and they tried to make up a million different reasons as to why they couldn't honor his employee discount, but as usual backtracked with the quickness and honored his employee discount, when we got on the phone with corporate in the middle of the store and held up the long line behind us because company puppet employees tried to lie and make up their own rules.

a good chunk of these retail managers are lames.

these corporate slave puppets are comedy.

this is what happens when you leave company puppets with no intelligence or education in charge of a store (this doesn't apply to all emplottes or managers but i'd say a good 80% of shoe store employee/ managers are like that.

i remember a while back i tried returning some unworn lebrons with receipt and everything i bought at a local footaction. dude tried giving me some made up policy about how they don't do returns. i asked him polietly why the policy on the back of the receipt said something completely different. dude tried playing stupid so i told him that if i called his district manager right now how would he feel that one of his AT WILL EMPLOYERS (THAT CAN BE FIRED AT ANY GIVEN TIME) was violating company policy and trying to make his own rules up. dude got mad and said he'd do the return for me but that in his words it was only a "One time deal" i made things worse by saying how is it a one time deal if the policy on the receipt says im entitled to a return and that if i buy a pair of shoes and their unworn and i have my receipt and i don't want them i can return em. dude just gave me a dirty look and handed me my money back.

another time i was with my boy riverxbear from on the board here at the footaction on 34th st, employees were extra helpful to both of us when we walked in and picked the shoes we wanted out. at the time he worked for the company, when we got to the register and it was time to pay he pulled out his most recent paystub and they tried to make up a million different reasons as to why they couldn't honor his employee discount, but as usual backtracked with the quickness and honored his employee discount, when we got on the phone with corporate in the middle of the store and held up the long line behind us because company puppet employees tried to lie and make up their own rules.

a good chunk of these retail managers are lames.

Be truthful OP you must've had sex with that manager's girl for him to give you so much trouble. I'd definitely let corporate know and hope he gets fired.

Be truthful OP you must've had sex with that manager's girl for him to give you so much trouble. I'd definitely let corporate know and hope he gets fired.

Back
Top Bottom