My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is Officially Platinum

Not surprised at all...I thought that this was his 4th best album. It wasn't worthy of all the hype, and frankly it gets little-to-no replay from me.

Personal opinion:

Album cranks, high replay value, has substance and I play various songs from the edited version when i DJ in Macy's (Power, All Of The Lights song and interlude). Always gets a good response from the passers by while they are getting that free Clinique makeover.
laugh.gif

Personal opinion:

Album cranks, high replay value, has substance and I play various songs from the edited version when i DJ in Macy's (Power, All Of The Lights song and interlude). Always gets a good response from the passers by while they are getting that free Clinique makeover.
laugh.gif

As someone who is not too fond of Kanye's antics and ego, and did not buy Kanye's previous two albums, or listen to or download one song prior to the album dropping, or read anything about the album before listening to it...

I love this album.

I just bought it about three weeks ago and have been playing it consistently since then.  The production is impeccable, varied, and fresh, yet remains cohesive.  As for those saying that the album lacks substance, I would certainly disagree... and this coming from someone who has steadily lost interest in Jay's new music over the years due to my perception that it lacks substance.

I like this album better than Graduation and 808's and Heartbreaks and just as much as College Dropout and Late Registration.  But to each their own.

As someone who is not too fond of Kanye's antics and ego, and did not buy Kanye's previous two albums, or listen to or download one song prior to the album dropping, or read anything about the album before listening to it...

I love this album.

I just bought it about three weeks ago and have been playing it consistently since then.  The production is impeccable, varied, and fresh, yet remains cohesive.  As for those saying that the album lacks substance, I would certainly disagree... and this coming from someone who has steadily lost interest in Jay's new music over the years due to my perception that it lacks substance.

I like this album better than Graduation and 808's and Heartbreaks and just as much as College Dropout and Late Registration.  But to each their own.

the hiphop stations here in dallas suck. i haven't heard one cut off this album prior to it dropping and after. the only kanye track i've heard on any of these bum stations down here was H.A.M. the other day.

the hiphop stations here in dallas suck. i haven't heard one cut off this album prior to it dropping and after. the only kanye track i've heard on any of these bum stations down here was H.A.M. the other day.

pimp.gif

i stopped listening to it as much as i was, but i can still bump the whole thing from beginning to end w/o skipping a song, album is fire
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

i stopped listening to it as much as i was, but i can still bump the whole thing from beginning to end w/o skipping a song, album is fire
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Beats05

Monster, All of the Lights, and Power are all I cared for. Nothing else gets replayed. To this day, the rest sounds like mixtape or throwaway songs from the last two records. The critics loved this album, but as people here already gave evidence to, the fans didn't as much. No top 10 singles, slow to get to platinum compared to his previous albums. Opinions, opinions, sure, but it's funny how people all of a sudden back the critics when they praise albums that they love, but then call them stupid and ignorant to "real music" when the Grammys go to artists they never heard of.

No top 10 singles cause there's only been 2 records released as singles so far... The song that'll really chart well is All o the Lights and it's releasing on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Beats05

Monster, All of the Lights, and Power are all I cared for. Nothing else gets replayed. To this day, the rest sounds like mixtape or throwaway songs from the last two records. The critics loved this album, but as people here already gave evidence to, the fans didn't as much. No top 10 singles, slow to get to platinum compared to his previous albums. Opinions, opinions, sure, but it's funny how people all of a sudden back the critics when they praise albums that they love, but then call them stupid and ignorant to "real music" when the Grammys go to artists they never heard of.

No top 10 singles cause there's only been 2 records released as singles so far... The song that'll really chart well is All o the Lights and it's releasing on Tuesday.

sidebar: does the deluxe version sold in the US have uncensored artwork? I just bought a copy in Canada and it wasn't censored 
nerd.gif

sidebar: does the deluxe version sold in the US have uncensored artwork? I just bought a copy in Canada and it wasn't censored 
nerd.gif

Only song i really care for on this album and listen to on repeat is the intro.

and chris rock talking.

didnt care much for this cd.

I ENJOYED 808 >

but congrats

Only song i really care for on this album and listen to on repeat is the intro.

and chris rock talking.

didnt care much for this cd.

I ENJOYED 808 >

but congrats

Congrats to dude. Copped it first day, and I still replay it quite regularly.

As far as the lack of content goes, I personally think he touched on a very wide array of topics. From Black nationalism to relationships to pop culture criticisms. I think there's a legit argument that it is his best work, but my personal favorite is still Late Registration.

I'm not really sure what's going on in this thread though
laugh.gif

Congrats to dude. Copped it first day, and I still replay it quite regularly.

As far as the lack of content goes, I personally think he touched on a very wide array of topics. From Black nationalism to relationships to pop culture criticisms. I think there's a legit argument that it is his best work, but my personal favorite is still Late Registration.

I'm not really sure what's going on in this thread though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom