My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is Officially Platinum

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Quite possibly Kanye's greatest work to date.
idk about all that.....
That's what at least 30 critics say. You could certainly make that claim.

Let em' know playa
pimp.gif

"Graduation" & "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" are tied for Kanye's best works, IMHO.

idk about all that.....

Let em' know playa
pimp.gif

"Graduation" & "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" are tied for Kanye's best works, IMHO.

Did ya'll have #2 "Gorgeous" deleted off your physical/iTunes copies of the album or something?!!? No substance?!?! Nigro's pleaseeeeee....

Did ya'll have #2 "Gorgeous" deleted off your physical/iTunes copies of the album or something?!!? No substance?!?! Nigro's pleaseeeeee....

Thank you.  The hype was disgusting.  It was a solid album, and that's where it stops.  The hype had people hearing Mozart the first week 
laugh.gif
, then them ears woke up and people realized it was just a pretty good CD...lacking replay value.

Really? Is that why Kanye is still getting good reviews (by both fans and the media) into the New Year, WEEKS after the album dropped?

Once again, NT posters feel the need to project their own views upon the rest of the music world.
Let em' know playa
pimp.gif

Dudes love to talk greasy. You know, the same dudes that compare Cudi to Marley, say Jay is an overrated lyricist, and that Dipset still has "buzz". (no offense to you
laugh.gif
)

Thank you.  The hype was disgusting.  It was a solid album, and that's where it stops.  The hype had people hearing Mozart the first week 
laugh.gif
, then them ears woke up and people realized it was just a pretty good CD...lacking replay value.

Really? Is that why Kanye is still getting good reviews (by both fans and the media) into the New Year, WEEKS after the album dropped?

Once again, NT posters feel the need to project their own views upon the rest of the music world.
Let em' know playa
pimp.gif

Dudes love to talk greasy. You know, the same dudes that compare Cudi to Marley, say Jay is an overrated lyricist, and that Dipset still has "buzz". (no offense to you
laugh.gif
)

laugh.gif

isnt that what you're doing? its a message board... often called discussion boards... where people discuss @**%... those magazine reviews dont have any more credibility than anyone else's opinions... u just a sheep... u see a big name give a good review and treat it as fact... @**% is still just another person's opinion... whether they get paid for their opinion or not it's still just another opinion at the end of the day... formulate ur own

laugh.gif

isnt that what you're doing? its a message board... often called discussion boards... where people discuss @**%... those magazine reviews dont have any more credibility than anyone else's opinions... u just a sheep... u see a big name give a good review and treat it as fact... @**% is still just another person's opinion... whether they get paid for their opinion or not it's still just another opinion at the end of the day... formulate ur own

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

formulate ur own
I thought this was a great album. Arguably his best. Your mileage may vary.

That's different though than implying that alot of other people don't like it or it was overrated. That's not true. It's a FACT that it got the best reviews from the press, sold plenty, and still had plenty of fans co-signing the album. So when people say they could make an argument for this being his best work they're not just talking from a stan perspective.

If you don't like it, that's cool.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

formulate ur own
I thought this was a great album. Arguably his best. Your mileage may vary.

That's different though than implying that alot of other people don't like it or it was overrated. That's not true. It's a FACT that it got the best reviews from the press, sold plenty, and still had plenty of fans co-signing the album. So when people say they could make an argument for this being his best work they're not just talking from a stan perspective.

If you don't like it, that's cool.

Monster, All of the Lights, and Power are all I cared for. Nothing else gets replayed. To this day, the rest sounds like mixtape or throwaway songs from the last two records. The critics loved this album, but as people here already gave evidence to, the fans didn't as much. No top 10 singles, slow to get to platinum compared to his previous albums. Opinions, opinions, sure, but it's funny how people all of a sudden back the critics when they praise albums that they love, but then call them stupid and ignorant to "real music" when the Grammys go to artists they never heard of.

Monster, All of the Lights, and Power are all I cared for. Nothing else gets replayed. To this day, the rest sounds like mixtape or throwaway songs from the last two records. The critics loved this album, but as people here already gave evidence to, the fans didn't as much. No top 10 singles, slow to get to platinum compared to his previous albums. Opinions, opinions, sure, but it's funny how people all of a sudden back the critics when they praise albums that they love, but then call them stupid and ignorant to "real music" when the Grammys go to artists they never heard of.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

idk about all that.....

Let em' know playa
pimp.gif

graduation and LR>>>

idk about all that.....

Let em' know playa
pimp.gif

graduation and LR>>>

idk about all that.....

Let em' know playa
pimp.gif

graduation and LR>>>

Word, Graduation and MBDTF are definitely his bottom two  
laugh.gif

(not counting 808's because it's hard to group that in)

idk about all that.....

Let em' know playa
pimp.gif

graduation and LR>>>

Word, Graduation and MBDTF are definitely his bottom two  
laugh.gif

(not counting 808's because it's hard to group that in)

Beats05 wrote:

The critics loved this album, but as people here already gave evidence to, the fans didn't as much.

Because NT is definitely representative of his entire fanbase
roll.gif

Fans often don't even know what THEY like half the time. See Eminem's Recovery.

Beats05 wrote:

The critics loved this album, but as people here already gave evidence to, the fans didn't as much.

Because NT is definitely representative of his entire fanbase
roll.gif

Fans often don't even know what THEY like half the time. See Eminem's Recovery.

Not surprised at all...I thought that this was his 4th best album. It wasn't worthy of all the hype, and frankly it gets little-to-no replay from me.

Back
Top Bottom