My Chicago experience.

I miss you Chicago
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

How is downtown compared to SF Grimlock?
The Chicago downtown like I said is more regal.  There's more big buildings and even though it's not as hustle and nyc, if you go during the daytime there is a sense of people needing to go to work and get %+*# done....might be some rudeness in there as well.

S.F. was just a really open place.  People were nice, there were a bunch of yuppies and hippies and it felt like leisure time all the time....very relaxing.

Chicago is a big metro area with fortune 500 companies and is a classy city.  I'm talking about the downtown....in the suburbs it's not as classy because you have homes there and gas stations and strip malls....which I sitll enjoyed.

If I had to compare I would say the union square part of S.F. captures how downtown chicago is.  But the outer parts of S.F. like north shore, mission capture somewhat what the feel is in the areas north of chicago where I stayed at near O'hare airport.

I didn't find anywhere in the Chi that was like the 'loins though
laugh.gif

I spent like a week in S.F. and covered mostly everything I wanted to do...not counting oakland, sonoma or the wine counties up there.
I spent 5 days in chicago and I feel like theirs still a weeks left that I need to cover everything.

S.F. is great to go anytime but the Chi you need to plan it because winters are brutal and from my experience the summers can get hot as $*!$

Originally Posted by buggz05

I miss you Chicago
frown.gif

damn, g.. you weren't kidding about moving around a lot -- where you at now?

OP, you check out wicker park? probably the most new yorky feel of the city, lol.

I don't think I did check out wicker....whats that place like?

I'll put it on my agenda for next trip if your not trolling me
laugh.gif

I love Chicago and I'm from San Jose, Cali. Ive been there 5 times over this past year to visit my girl who goes to law school there. I will be moving there when I get all my court stuff done, can't wait. I don't know if its the difference in the big city life that I like so much or the food
laugh.gif
. Her grandfathers spot at The Ritz is ridiculous. Water Tower eatery is the best
pimp.gif
. My girls new spot in Wrigleyville is
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ireminisce

harold's is overrated
30t6p3b.gif
-- one down the street & i never eat there. i've had better fried chicken in the south.. their mild sauce is
pimp.gif
, though.

you definitely missed out on a bunch of good eats.. you should have at least had some lou malanti's since they're in the suburbs as well.

and the week you came was awful -- it was HOT as uffffffff that week & this is coming from a dude that grew up in nashville.

Clearly you are a man of refined taste. if sex were pizza, it'd be that pizza. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I don't think I did check out wicker....whats that place like?

I'll put it on my agenda for next trip if your not trolling me
laugh.gif
i would compare it to a brooklyn vibe -- it's an artsy/hipster area. it's where all the trendy shop boutiques are. it's not as nice & clean as other areas which kind of gives it that grimy city feel that i like.. guess that's why i live here, haha.
Originally Posted by Malloy19

My girls new spot in Wrigleyville is 
eek.gif
i've had the worst experiences in wrigleyville -- i told myself i would never go there again unless it was for a cubs game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Young Street86

Originally Posted by ireminisce

harold's is overrated 
30t6p3b.gif
 -- one down the street & i never eat there. i've had better fried chicken in the south.. their mild sauce is 
pimp.gif
, though.

you definitely missed out on a bunch of good eats.. you should have at least had some lou malanti's since they're in the suburbs as well.

and the week you came was awful -- it was HOT as uffffffff that week & this is coming from a dude that grew up in nashville.

Clearly you are a man of refined taste. if sex were pizza, it'd be that pizza. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
-- i like lou malanti's just as much as i like giordano's.

If what you said is true. Chicago is my target vacation spot next year. Probably is like Montgomery St. In SF but, everywhere.

Originally Posted by buggz05

I miss you Chicago
frown.gif
DaNike - this is how I feel right now^^^

montgomery street would be an pretty accurate description of downtown chicago....more big buildings though.

It seems like every new place I go makes me second-guess if I should stay in nyc after grad school.

Back
Top Bottom