My Daughter has a Cell phone Vol. Over protective??

I feel what some of yall saying. Like I was saying she doesn't have a bunch of friends...or hangs out with the young "hoochie coochie" crowd andknows all the songs or videos and be talking reckless or none of that bull $%! . She's scarey to the point I fear for her safety. She's the onlychild/grandchild in my immediate family. All my cousins and them are out of state. So really she has no other children to learn from as far as defendingherself or standing up oter than what we teach her. I mean I got some 7 year old cousins that will grab a brick and bust yo $%!. She's just so shy andall....I'm the one that really scared. I'm just askin am I going to hard? Or should I just let it be....

damn, i think 9 is WAAAY too early

when i was 9 the only thing i had was AIM

i got my cell when i was in 8th grade
laugh.gif

og sidekick
pimp.gif

If she grew up around my fam in memphis and St. Louis .....I wouldn't be as worried. They are effin crazy down to the lil ones. She has nobody but us downhere, so we are all so scared and %*# . I be tellin my fam to let her learn and just do her do. My mom and two sisters spoil her so much..... me and mybrothers are the only ones to really teach her how to stand up and not be afraid and %*# ..

My cousin had a phone he's 9 as well left it on the bus...ftl...too immature to keep up with something like that

My oldest son turned 9 in December. He wanted one for his B-Day, I got him one and expected the worse. But, he's been great with it.

Coming from a dude that has 2 stepkids that have cellphones....yes...entirely too early.

For some reason their dad wanted them to have cellys at age 9 and 10. I can't tell you how many times they've been lost, misplaced and just forgottenabout. The first one my stepson had he decided to throw in his swimsuit and rock it into the ocean.
laugh.gif
The next one? He left it in a shoe that was in a bag that was in his closet,and couldn't find it for about 3 months. Another time he left it in the glovebox of his grandmother's car, and couldn't find it for a month. Thelatest one he bought with his own money, so he's more cautious with it. But still--what the ++$% do kids need cellphones for? Who the ++$% are theycalling? My stepdaughter doesn't even keep her joint charged 90% of the time. The other 10% it will be in some random spot, like on top of the grill inthe garage.

Personally, I don't think kids need cellphones until high school, but that's just me. Hell, you could probably get by without one in high school, too. I mean, think about how long we survived without cellphones--what makes these kids any different? Kids these days are just spoiled. But hey--I don'tfoot their bill so whatever. If their dad wants to waste $$ on their lines, so be it. If it was up to me, they'd be rocking pagers like I did when I wasa youngster.
laugh.gif

I used to be against kids having cellphones, but after thinking about how crazy abductions and everything else is today I've changed my mind. You just haveto make sure she knows how to use it and that she's only using it to call family.

Originally Posted by Face82

If she grew up around my fam in memphis and St. Louis .....I wouldn't be as worried. They are effin crazy down to the lil ones. She has nobody but us down here, so we are all so scared and %*# . I be tellin my fam to let her learn and just do her do. My mom and two sisters spoil her so much..... me and my brothers are the only ones to really teach her how to stand up and not be afraid and %*# ..
Your daughter sounds like a sweetheart and you sound like a good dad who is just looking out for her daugther.
So in that case.... I think the situation is fine. In some other cases.... it might not be so fine
laugh.gif

you know what they say about the shy ones
devil.gif
devil.gif
. But forreal maybe just get her a prepaid with 60 minutes or something.

It's really too early for her to have a cell phone. I think probably around the age of 13-14. You aren't overprotecting her, you're just doing thefatherly thing.

I didn't get my cell phone till I was 14 and kinda for emergency purposes since I commuted to a highschool in the city.

IMO however, I don't think she needs it and I'm pretty sure she's in good hands all the time at age 9.

Then again, around Toronto, it costs 50 cents to use the phone now, haha. It was hard finding let alone one quarter.

Make sure she's got a solid plan, my sister racked up a $100 phone bill being in grade 9 only too. She def. got lectured by my Moms.

too early. If I had a nine year old girl she might as well give whoever would have to call her my number. *#%% that.

Back
Top Bottom