My fellow 9-5ers, what do you bring to work for lunch?

Usually a mixture of sweet potato, broccoli, rice, and fish or chicken.

Sometimes spaghetti when I'm really lazy.

I basically cook 3 times a week and rotate those meal and bring them to work.

I might make chicken or shrimp alfredo, chicken broccoli rice , shrimp and rice,

salmon and rice etc...

What yall know about a Primos cutlet doe ? i try to hit this place up during lunch atleast twice a month 

http://primohoagies.com/main/
This is appreciated 
nthat.gif
. The sandwiches look good. I just might have to pull the trigger on one one day.

Do you have your own fridge?

Do your co-workers respect OPP?

I suggest you buy yourself a loaf of bread, mayo, mustard and some ham or turkey and make yourself a sandwich.

When you get bored of it, treat yourself to a lunch.

Also, try buying snacks so you can keep at your desk. This way, when you dont want a sandwich or treat yourself to lunch, you can munch on them.

Try buying peanuts, almonds, pistachios etc.

You can also buy cereal or oatmeal.

Of course all of this will only work if your coworkers respect your stuff. It will create problems if your someone messes with your food. its happened to me a couple of times and I flipped out.

You can also try cooking extra food the night before and eat that for left overs.

i started bringing a lunch last year and its saved me a ton of money. now, i only go out for lunch on paydays. i bring either chicken/rice, spam/rice, spaghetti, salad, chicken wraps or frozen dinners when i'm lazy.

back when I use to work I would hit up this Mexican spot and eat a burrito or torta for $5-$6 about 3 days a week, other days I'd just eat yogurt or cashews/almonds and gatorade.

I work 9-5, I try and find something that I could eat all week. I will cook sunday night. ill make food from Monday till Thursday. then Fridays I eat out. I usually try to stick with the basics. chicken, rice, corn and or some more veggies. I love to cook so that's why I don't find it hard to make myself lunch. it saves a lot of money.

Sandwhiches, lots of variations of pasta :lol:, chicken and usually what ever sides are in the crib.

Aye, but whatever you do, don't be that clown who brings extra fishy smelling fish or indian food and heats it up in the office microwave:x

Try hitting up Whole Foods, Fairway and etc, they have a hot food section: chicken, fish, veggies, rice, pasta and etc. It cost about $7.99-$8.99 per lb.
I usually cook in bulk. Most of the time it's chicken, brown rice and veggies. I've been wanting to cook more shrimp and fish. I've bought some couscous the other day. I pack my food every morning, I should probably do it every night instead. I know a lot of people who cook in bulk and have everything pre-packed for the week. I think I'm gonna make burrito bowls next week

Last edited:
Try hitting up Whole Foods, Fairway and etc, they have a hot food section: chicken, fish, veggies, rice, pasta and etc. It cost about $7.99-$8.99 per lb.
I usually cook in bulk. Most of the time it's chicken, brown rice and veggies. I've been wanting to cook more shrimp and fish. I've bought some couscous the other day. I pack my food every morning, I should probably do it every night instead. I know a lot of people who cook in bulk and have everything pre-packed for the week. I think I'm gonna make burrito bowls next week

Smh,they got me the other day. 14 bucks for some pulled pork and carrots. You gotta be careful it's easy to make it waaaaay to expensive for what you get.

Smh,they got me the other day. 14 bucks for some pulled pork and carrots. You gotta be careful it's easy to make it waaaaay to expensive for what you get.

I've been cooking more lately so this week I went to Fairway on Sunday and today and it was to get veggies. But I know what you mean, I would full it up as much as possible and once you see the price it's :wow: :smh: But as you said you gotta be careful, especially when the fat kid inside of you is trying to come out, I wanted to od on those buffalo chicken fingers they had out on Sunday so bad :lol:

:lol: yup that pork just destroyed any potential I had for a cheap meal. Me and my boy were like "next time we want whole foods we'll get burritos instead." :lol: half the price and way more food.

I've done the math-- its costing me around $3k a year for just lunch alone :smh:

And as I type this, I just finished my lunch from Lenny's :lol:

check out their menu http://www.lennysnyc.com/main.asp
$3k a year isn't too bad, Hank!

I used to eat out a lot too. $9-12 was the average. I stopped so I can more healthy. Quality ingredients are still expensive. It helps I have a fridge and microwave in the office. I spend about $70 a week for my foods and snacks I bring to work. It's usually like:

6AM: oatmeal and fruits, at home.

The rest are at office:

8AM: 2 brown rice cakes, string cheese, banana.

10AM: peanut butter sandwich.

12PM: salmon, turkey or some sort of lean meat with potato balls, strawberries.

2PM: a cup of low fat Jello, string cheese. A handful of almonds.

4PM: apple, bag of carrots and celery sticks with Nutella.

I'll usually do PB&J and/or yogurt with a frozen food dinner item that I can heat up. Gotta start cooking more though

That's what I do. I cook on Sunday for the week. People at work ask me "you can eat the same thing all week" I'm like "yeah I'm not trying to cook every freaking night" lmaooo

That's what I do. I cook on Sunday for the week. People at work ask me "you can eat the same thing all week" I'm like "yeah I'm not trying to cook every freaking night" lmaooo
^ I'm the same way. Eating the same thing for lunch daily doesn't bother me at all. I do the same for breakfast too. Dinner is a completely different story 
laugh.gif

Today's selection : 2 hot pockets, cookies and a juice 
mean.gif

rotation of shake shack, schnippers, chipotle, shortys, and there's also this place across the street where it's one of those places in midtown that they have a bunch of foods to select from (hot/cold sandwiches, salads, coffee bar, udon, etc)

I hate leftovers. how can yall eat the same thing twice in a 12hr span? its usually not as good as it was freshly made either. and dudes making the same meal for a whole week? idk how yall do it

6AM: oatmeal and fruits, at home.

The rest are at office:

8AM: 2 brown rice cakes, string cheese, banana.

10AM: peanut butter sandwich.

12PM: salmon, turkey or some sort of lean meat with potato balls, strawberries.

2PM: a cup of low fat Jello, string cheese. A handful of almonds.

4PM: apple, bag of carrots and celery sticks with Nutella.
Eating every two hours is cray. The most meals+snacks i can fit in a work day is maybe 3 lol

You doin it tho 
nthat.gif

I hate leftovers. how can yall eat the same thing twice in a 12hr span? its usually not as good as it was freshly made either. and dudes making the same meal for a whole week? idk how yall do it
 What does your lunch per wk look like, princess? lol jk

I've been trying to "eat clean" again so I cook my meals the Sunday before. But I work at 5 a.m and I also eat every 2-4 hrs so I bring:

-Cereal x milk for breakfast

-trail mix or fruit for snacks

-the chicken/starch/veggies combo for 'lunch'

Get home by 1:30 so I'm gucci until dinner usually.

OP if you have a fridge at the job the possibilities are endless
If you don't, that sucks bc now your down to cold snacks, and sandwiches and Idk what else
but thats my situation at my job so I'm limited to have fruits, nuts, and protein shakes :/
I go big at breakfast though

Eating every two hours is cray. The most meals+snacks i can fit in a work day is maybe 3 lol

You doin it tho :nthat:

My coworkers (who are pretty big) can't believe how often I eat compared to them. But when we break it down in term of nutrition values, it makes sense. Including dinner, (which is usually brown rice, grilled chicken breast, broccoli, non-fat Greek yogurt with a handful of cashew after the gym) I probably eat around 2500 cals per day. While my coworkers don't snack as much as I do, and 'only' eat 3 times a day, they eat some gross and fatty stuff.

I feel you, my man. I'm just lucky to have an office job. If I had a production job, I don't think I can rock this routine unless I have an apple hidden inside my shirt or something :lol:

I like the feeling of being fulfilled, but not bloated from eating too much.

Back
Top Bottom