My friend is being charged with grand theft...

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Man didn't he just keep on denying it?
You should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER admit to any wrong doing. The burden of proof lies on them.

THIS.
alot of people dont understand that concept, if they ask you if you did anythin DENY, unless they  have visual evidence (tape) your good because they cant pin anythin on you without.

If they sit you in a room and ask theres a 99% chance they dont have nothing on you and wanna see if they can press you.

I had a boy who was stealin from Best Buy for about 2 years, TVs, Radios, Video Game systems, etc....., dude racked up at least 15-20K in theft, one day, he slipped up and they caught him takin ONE Ipod (funny i know
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) so they sit him down, and tell him "is there anythin else we should know about" dude breaks down
smh.gif
smh.gif
and tells them about everything...... they were like
eek.gif
smh.gif
and he got caught up for all that.

After everything said and done, one of other boys who was a manager told him, they didnt know about anything previously and that someone had snitched on him about the Ipod, had he denied he wouldve been fine ....

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Man didn't he just keep on denying it?
You should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER admit to any wrong doing. The burden of proof lies on them.

THIS.
alot of people dont understand that concept, if they ask you if you did anythin DENY, unless they  have visual evidence (tape) your good because they cant pin anythin on you without.

If they sit you in a room and ask theres a 99% chance they dont have nothing on you and wanna see if they can press you.

I had a boy who was stealin from Best Buy for about 2 years, TVs, Radios, Video Game systems, etc....., dude racked up at least 15-20K in theft, one day, he slipped up and they caught him takin ONE Ipod (funny i know
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) so they sit him down, and tell him "is there anythin else we should know about" dude breaks down
smh.gif
smh.gif
and tells them about everything...... they were like
eek.gif
smh.gif
and he got caught up for all that.

After everything said and done, one of other boys who was a manager told him, they didnt know about anything previously and that someone had snitched on him about the Ipod, had he denied he wouldve been fine ....

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Well....imo if the jail stay isn't too long, he should just stay there instead of getting bailed cause you guys can use that money towards a lawyer instead. And isn't he just in jail at the police station or is he going to get transferred? Well regardless, the bail money is the least of your problems. Lawyers fees (if you choose to do so cause you can always just say you're guilty) is going to be a pain. I am thinking on a a case like this, it is going to be $10k for sure.

Well....imo if the jail stay isn't too long, he should just stay there instead of getting bailed cause you guys can use that money towards a lawyer instead. And isn't he just in jail at the police station or is he going to get transferred? Well regardless, the bail money is the least of your problems. Lawyers fees (if you choose to do so cause you can always just say you're guilty) is going to be a pain. I am thinking on a a case like this, it is going to be $10k for sure.

Originally Posted by Fly Guy On A G5

why is a 24 year old man afraid of his parents finding out? is he afraid of the belt or something?

I don't know why that made me laugh, but it did.

I can imagine an old Filipino woman asking "Belt or Slipper?" in Rex Navarette's voice.

Originally Posted by Fly Guy On A G5

why is a 24 year old man afraid of his parents finding out? is he afraid of the belt or something?

I don't know why that made me laugh, but it did.

I can imagine an old Filipino woman asking "Belt or Slipper?" in Rex Navarette's voice.

Update:

He got released on no bail since he didn't have a record. They are going to try to put it as a misdemeanor and work something out. The thing with parents finding out is that some people have parents that freak the hell out. He doesn't live at home anymore. He just wants to take care of his own issues without his parents help. Thanks for the help NT.

Update:

He got released on no bail since he didn't have a record. They are going to try to put it as a misdemeanor and work something out. The thing with parents finding out is that some people have parents that freak the hell out. He doesn't live at home anymore. He just wants to take care of his own issues without his parents help. Thanks for the help NT.

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Wikipedia

They are going to try to put it as a misdemeanor and work something out

good for him.. i really hope he learns his lesson.

Try 2 keep ya friend outta trouble from now on OP

Originally Posted by proper english

They are going to try to put it as a misdemeanor and work something out

good for him.. i really hope he learns his lesson.

Try 2 keep ya friend outta trouble from now on OP

Bond is only 10 percent of the price, so if his bond is 5,000, then really its 500.
Anyway, when you bond someone out of Jail, you have to get your own lawyer as well, so Your budddy is looking at a couple of stacks minimum

Bond is only 10 percent of the price, so if his bond is 5,000, then really its 500.
Anyway, when you bond someone out of Jail, you have to get your own lawyer as well, so Your budddy is looking at a couple of stacks minimum

I'm trying to help him out tonight without his parents finding out. He's been in there since 1pm. We are in NY. Anyone knows what's going to happen? 
i hope he goes to the island

I'm trying to help him out tonight without his parents finding out. He's been in there since 1pm. We are in NY. Anyone knows what's going to happen? 
i hope he goes to the island

Back
Top Bottom