Nas can't win. Vol. Shawn Knowles won.

looking forward to some new dope music from nas
he's clearly gunna be fired up, and really he's got no choice

smh.gif

I will never understand why the ex-wife gets money in the US.

Thank god it's not like that here.

Originally Posted by copped

must be a bunch of teenagers in here or just straight up idiots...

grow up.

you can't marry someone then expect to cheat and lie behind her back...she has every right to pursue every penny...

secondly, he brought a kid into this world...a HUMAN LIFE...are you guys stupid? he has to support it relative to how he is living. He has to support the kids mother who has the burden to support his child...

you guys are idiots who feel bad for nas or feel like the justice system is wrong or irrational...go do some reading, read the court documents and learn about the laws before you come in here judging the results based on the figures, her ugly +%*, and your man-crush for nas.

Nas is a dope, but he makes good music, and he has GOOD money... 3-400k isn't #@## to support your BLOOD, YOUR CHILD....hell people will kill themselves to support their kids ...you guys are up in arms for 400k?

if nas was such a man he shouldn't be f'ing groupies and he sure as hell would have asked for custody...of course he doesn't want that burden...

You sound like a female.
What kid costs 400k to raise?

Out of those monthly payments, the kid will use up only a small fraction of that in necessities, the rest will probably go to the next dude to lay the pipe on Kelis.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Not only is the institution of marriage a joke in this country, but stories like this do well to show you just how much of a financial trap it is for any man who has a decent bank-account; this is not to say that only men get raped in these kind of proceedings, but let's be real here--it's the case in an overwhelming number of these kind of proceedings.
truth.
she's a disgusting excuse for a human & gives the rest of us women a bad name. it's garbage like this that allow men to group us all into money hungry opportunists and quite frankly, i'm sick of it.

& ftr, i'd be right behind you with a waterbottle filled with piss, ready to do some damage to her atrociously colored hair.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

I will never understand why the ex-wife gets money in the US.

Thank god it's not like that here.

because divorce is an expensive process that can cripple the finances of the weaker party. that is why not just the wife gets money, but men get money too if they're less well off than their wives are.

Here is an example so you can understand...A husband makes $100,000 a year and his wife only makes $25,000. Now say while they were married they bought a house that cost $400,000. Then they got divorced and the house was awarded to the wife because she is raising the family. Lets also say the divorce was the result of the mans infidelity meaning it is his fault. In this case how do you expect the wife to pay for the mortgage, food, etc.?

Originally Posted by copped

must be a bunch of teenagers in here or just straight up idiots...

grow up.

you can't marry someone then expect to cheat and lie behind her back...she has every right to pursue every penny...

secondly, he brought a kid into this world...a HUMAN LIFE...are you guys stupid? he has to support it relative to how he is living. He has to support the kids mother who has the burden to support his child...

you guys are idiots who feel bad for nas or feel like the justice system is wrong or irrational...go do some reading, read the court documents and learn about the laws before you come in here judging the results based on the figures, her ugly +%*, and your man-crush for nas.

Nas is a dope, but he makes good music, and he has GOOD money... 3-400k isn't #@## to support your BLOOD, YOUR CHILD....hell people will kill themselves to support their kids ...you guys are up in arms for 400k?

if nas was such a man he shouldn't be f'ing groupies and he sure as hell would have asked for custody...of course he doesn't want that burden...

You sound like a female.

Out of those monthly payments, the kid will use up only a small fraction of that in necessities, the rest will probably go to the next dude to lay the pipe on Kelis.  
and you sound ignorant...a kid cost way more than 400k to raise and that is not just over the course of the lifetime. you aren't taking into account the hours spent raising, discipling, etc. Besides its like I mentioned above divorce is costly and in order for the financially weaker partner to be well off they need support from the responsible party. In effect it is basically supporting a lifestyle that was afforded to the family when the parents were together. Why should one partner be well off while another is struggling?

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

You sound like a female.

and you sound ignorant...a kid cost way more than 400k to raise and that is not just over the course of the lifetime. you aren't taking into account the hours spent raising, discipling, etc. Besides its like I mentioned above divorce is costly and in order for the financially weaker partner to be well off they need support from the responsible party. In effect it is basically supporting a lifestyle that was afforded to the family when the parents were together. Why should one partner be well off while another is struggling?

Get outta here. I dont care what you tell me. No kid costs 400k a month.
Your theory may sound very ideal, but youre a fool if you think this is reality.

The law goes to such an extreme to balance off both parties that the person that was once the bread winner and was financially stable, now finds themselves working just to make monthly payments to the wife. Or better yet, they lose everything they ever worked for.
Look no further than Hulk Hogan for an example of this. He lost everything he ever worked for. Sorry sir, I dont see the little balancing effect youre trying to show us.

Again, while your the law may sound swell in theory, youre kidding yourself if you believe its how it plays out in reality.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

You sound like a female.

Get outta here. I dont care what you tell me. No kid costs 400k a month.
Your theory may sound very ideal, but youre a fool if you think this is reality.

The law goes to such an extreme to balance off both parties that the person that was once the bread winner and was financially stable, now finds themselves working just to make monthly payments to the wife. Or better yet, they lose everything they ever worked for.
Look no further than Hulk Hogan for an example of this. He lost everything he ever worked for. Sorry sir, I dont see the little balancing effect youre trying to show us.

Again, while your the law may sound swell in theory, youre kidding yourself if you believe its how it plays out in reality.

Basically. Kelis is already pretty well off herself with the money she's made during her career. With the split of the money, Kelis will have her prior earnings plus whatever she's receiving from Nas. Meanwhile Nas is left with whatever he pulls in and that's it. You say that in effect it's to support a lifestyle that was afforded to the family when they were together, but the ex-wife will end up with same while the husband ends up with less or nothing at all. There's a problem there, that's what everyone is mad about.

Back
Top Bottom