NBA Draft stock post

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

InMyMind, I know what you trying to say, but that video also makes GO look like he's 9 ft. tall.

Compared to who was guarding him he might as well be 9ft tall...

And if you think Brandon Roy or Ray Allen are better athletes than EG....
grin.gif

I'm not talkin about his speed and hops at the HS or college level.. If you guys say he's a great athlete on the NBA level, then we just see thingsdifferently. And maybe my criteria for a 'great' athlete is too much I think yall mighta forgot how good an athlete Ray was, go back watch clips of himat Uconn, aint nothin really different from Gordon, except he vs better comp...and didn't Roy put a pretty shocking workout pre draft with his results?

I see where you're coming from allen3xis...on the NBA level because Ray and Roy are good athletes and Ray Allen is also 6'5 not 6'3.

Plus I think you guys are sweating Rose a little too much....if he played an NBA game right now I'd call him Javaris Crittenton. Plays full-speed,athletic, good size, no jumper. That's not a bad comparison considering he came out after his freshman year also.

If you are a great athlete...you are great athlete...meaning if you put everyone who's ever played any type of basketball in one gym...the good athletesand the great athletes will show themselves...I don't think what league they play has anything to do with god given abilities...I've never seen someonebe a standout athlete in college and be just OK in the NBA without some sort of injury. Every standout athlete in the NBA was a standout athlete in HS and inCOLLEGE...

forget all this athelete talk...cause they are all athletes to some extent if they're in the nba...lets just talk on overall talent...based on talent..ithink EG is gonna tear it up in the league..son got crazy range on his shot, his handles are stupid..he got bounce...only thing i havent seen enough of is hisdefense...

Yeah I see him as a standout player in college, not the athlete part

In no way is athleticism going to hinder him, it is plenty good enough

Back to the actual games...

I like Rose the best, still. No the stats aren't as good or jumper. But if I got to start a team, I'm takin him

Ya'll wildin. I like EG's game and I think he's probably the best guard in CBB right now. He actually reminds me a bit of when AI first hitG'town.

Both Rose and OJ are solid.

But for some reason I get the feeling that OJ has that "I can coast on my talent" ala Randy Moss in him. Not good.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

Have you ever seen the guys that make those two sites? They couldn't even make their HS varsity team....now they are "experts" in evaluating NBA talent
laugh.gif

9349_320x240.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

The only reason they keep him on the air is so all of the real players can talk +%++ to him every time he says something.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

But for some reason I get the feeling that OJ has that "I can coast on my talent" ala Randy Moss in him. Not good.

Exactly what I've thought watching USC this year. He's had a weird year so far. Sometimes I get the feeling like he is trying to fit in just tosay he isn't selfish or anything. The one part that I am surprised at is how much better he's gotten defensively.

I'm still trying to figure out what Beasley is. Sometimes I think he'll be a beast, but then other times I think about watching him put up lifelessgames in hs and seemingly coasting at every opportunity.

I like EG's game too because he's so aggressive, but he definitely needs to work on other things besides scoring.

Ray Ray was a pretty good athlete first coming out. He definitely participated in a dunk contest and surprised some people early on with his athleticism.

Yea wiz, I cant believe people refering to Ray like he's just a "good" athlete. Dude is a Sick athlete. Used to jump out the Gym. Gordon is morethan a Good athlete. he may not jump like Harold Minor but he's still a great athlete. Yall think CDR is as good as Carney was at memphis?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea wiz, I cant believe people refering to Ray like he's just a "good" athlete. Dude is a Sick athlete. Used to jump out the Gym. Gordon is more than a Good athlete. he may not jump like Harold Minor but he's still a great athlete. Yall think CDR is as good as Carney was at memphis?

To me....CDR = Rod Carney 2.0

Only difference is....Rod Carney may be a step or two faster...But thats b/c he's a track guy anyway....

/\ Until I see Ray blow past guys like Mike Conley or try to pull off reverse alley oops...ill stand by my original statement

As for CDR...Rodney Carney is nowhere near as skilled on the offensive end as CDR. He could never create his own shot like CDR.

/\ He did it plenty when it mattered last year in the tourney...he put that team on his back...something Carney was always criticized for not doing

No mention of Singletary yet?

His stock is probably down, but it's no fault of his own. He has zero help on the floor. Nobody has confidence. Nobody can make a shot. Nobody can drawpressure off him.

/\ Until I see Ray blow past guys like Mike Conley or try to pull off reverse alley oops...ill stand by my original statement

because conley is such an awesome defender? maybe you could have said 'until ray blows past a good defender like darrell armstrong'...........oh wait.

Wow, maybe yall are too young to remember Ray Allen in his college days and early yrs in the league with Milwaukee.
reverse Alley oops aint wasnt Nothin for ray
smh.gif

I dunno but I grew up watchin ray dominate the Big east, athletically as well as shooting the ball.

what I'm sayin is Ray, EG....they're not Kobe, VC, LeBron, a young AI...that is "asexplosive as it gets"

Thats why I started arguing it, explosive as it gets, does not consist of a large group.

And Ray atUconn?
I dunno but I grew up watchin ray dominate the Big east, athletically as well as shooting the ball.
He damn sure did.

Back
Top Bottom