Ridnour
Webster
Darko
Flynn
Ellington
Telfair
Pekovic
Hayward

All of them are garbage. I've had enough of all of them.
I'd keep Darko if you can get a legit starting center. He could definitely play a Zaza type role on a playoff contender.
I'd love to see you guys get Kanter. Rubio throwing lobs to Wes Johnson and Beasely and picking and rolling with Kanter and Love 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 But damn that bench needs some retooling. Is Rubio definitely coming for 11-12 or what?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Ridnour
Webster
Darko
Flynn
Ellington
Telfair
Pekovic
Hayward

All of them are garbage. I've had enough of all of them.
I'd keep Darko if you can get a legit starting center. He could definitely play a Zaza type role on a playoff contender.
I'd love to see you guys get Kanter. Rubio throwing lobs to Wes Johnson and Beasely and picking and rolling with Kanter and Love 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 But damn that bench needs some retooling. Is Rubio definitely coming for 11-12 or what?

kix4kix wrote:
SmoothBalla wrote:
quik1987 wrote:
That's exactly what the argument is.

No it wasn't.  You're trying to jump into another discussion when you originally said the following...

"No substantial champions have ever come out of Duke."

"The fact of the matter is that none of them are really winners."

What criteria are you using to evaluate whether a player is or isn't a "winner?"  And define "winner."

You realize basketball is a team sport?

Dude you are obviously backtracking, but you still have no argument.

All you did was post stats next to each player. Which proves?............

Nothing.

I still take the UNC current squad over Duke from the squads YOU posted. 

As far as "recent" memory, you sure are vague with your terminology.

Lets not include the past ten years, because Coach K's track record of developing productive pros is 
sick.gif
 Go back further, and it only gets uglier, keep living in fantasy land though.

Backtracking?  I'm holding separate ongoing discussions.  Quik has just decided to lump his in with your discussion when he has yet to defend his original statement.

Discussion 1: Quik
    • Duke doesn’t produce “champions

kix4kix wrote:
SmoothBalla wrote:
quik1987 wrote:
That's exactly what the argument is.

No it wasn't.  You're trying to jump into another discussion when you originally said the following...

"No substantial champions have ever come out of Duke."

"The fact of the matter is that none of them are really winners."

What criteria are you using to evaluate whether a player is or isn't a "winner?"  And define "winner."

You realize basketball is a team sport?

Dude you are obviously backtracking, but you still have no argument.

All you did was post stats next to each player. Which proves?............

Nothing.

I still take the UNC current squad over Duke from the squads YOU posted. 

As far as "recent" memory, you sure are vague with your terminology.

Lets not include the past ten years, because Coach K's track record of developing productive pros is 
sick.gif
 Go back further, and it only gets uglier, keep living in fantasy land though.

Backtracking?  I'm holding separate ongoing discussions.  Quik has just decided to lump his in with your discussion when he has yet to defend his original statement.

Discussion 1: Quik
    • Duke doesn’t produce “champions

Originally Posted by quik1987

No substantial champions have ever come out of Duke

Gerald Henderson - Sucks

Shelden Williams - Sucks

Battier - Role Player

Deng - Role Player

Dunleavy - Role Player

Maggette - Injury

Duhon - Sucks

Boozer - Scumbag

Brand - Injury

Hill - Injury

Jay Williams - Motorcycle

Reddick - douche bag

Langdon - Cut

Laetener - White

I don't see how Irving will break this cycle. Coach K. don't breed superstars.

Doggie, what part of ever do you not understand. As in forever, as in all-time.

Name me a Duke player other than Grant Hill and Elton Brand (who's careers both burned out due to injury) who has been the face of a franchise, or contributed to win a title.

Originally Posted by quik1987

No substantial champions have ever come out of Duke

Gerald Henderson - Sucks

Shelden Williams - Sucks

Battier - Role Player

Deng - Role Player

Dunleavy - Role Player

Maggette - Injury

Duhon - Sucks

Boozer - Scumbag

Brand - Injury

Hill - Injury

Jay Williams - Motorcycle

Reddick - douche bag

Langdon - Cut

Laetener - White

I don't see how Irving will break this cycle. Coach K. don't breed superstars.

Doggie, what part of ever do you not understand. As in forever, as in all-time.

Name me a Duke player other than Grant Hill and Elton Brand (who's careers both burned out due to injury) who has been the face of a franchise, or contributed to win a title.

I feel I shouldn't even have to elaborate on coach K's track record in regard to horribly under achieving pros, but here it goes. I'll just list a few names.

Danny Ferry

Trajon Langdon

Christian Laettner

Jay Williams

Mike Dunleavy

Elton Brand
I consider production relative. For instance, you choose to completely ignore draft position. The average pick among those guys up there? 3rd overall.
I would argue that the only star to ever attend Duke was Grant Hill. Now while a valid point is made that not many programs have a lot of stars, it is irrelivent to this argument. Not many programs have Dukes success at the collegiate level. The drastic drop off that these guys have at the next level is glaring to me in regards to Coach K's ability to develop talent for the next level. 

As far as production from the list you posted.

I would take Vince, Tyler, Raymond, Ty, all before Deng, right now. I barely squeak in Boozer before Jamison for the top 5 among the two programs, and if you watched how Tyler owned Boozer when they played eachother-even that is a stretch.

That isn't even mentioning the fact that UNC has 3 players that will all be in the league within a year- atleast. 

And you wisely stayed away from the all time argument, because then it just becomes even more lopsided.

I would put Duke in a rare category in regard to producing pro's because only a few programs have competed with their success at the collegiate level.

All these teams have had far more success at developing players for the next level.

G-Town

UCLA

UNC

Kentucky

Arizona

Uconn

Syracuse

Then there are teams that have had better pros with LESS college success. 

Memphis

U of Houston

Marquette

Florida

Wake Forest 

As far as me having an issue with coach K? His teams consistently choke more than any squad come march. At this rate, Roy might get his 5th before coach K does.

I feel I shouldn't even have to elaborate on coach K's track record in regard to horribly under achieving pros, but here it goes. I'll just list a few names.

Danny Ferry

Trajon Langdon

Christian Laettner

Jay Williams

Mike Dunleavy

Elton Brand
I consider production relative. For instance, you choose to completely ignore draft position. The average pick among those guys up there? 3rd overall.
I would argue that the only star to ever attend Duke was Grant Hill. Now while a valid point is made that not many programs have a lot of stars, it is irrelivent to this argument. Not many programs have Dukes success at the collegiate level. The drastic drop off that these guys have at the next level is glaring to me in regards to Coach K's ability to develop talent for the next level. 

As far as production from the list you posted.

I would take Vince, Tyler, Raymond, Ty, all before Deng, right now. I barely squeak in Boozer before Jamison for the top 5 among the two programs, and if you watched how Tyler owned Boozer when they played eachother-even that is a stretch.

That isn't even mentioning the fact that UNC has 3 players that will all be in the league within a year- atleast. 

And you wisely stayed away from the all time argument, because then it just becomes even more lopsided.

I would put Duke in a rare category in regard to producing pro's because only a few programs have competed with their success at the collegiate level.

All these teams have had far more success at developing players for the next level.

G-Town

UCLA

UNC

Kentucky

Arizona

Uconn

Syracuse

Then there are teams that have had better pros with LESS college success. 

Memphis

U of Houston

Marquette

Florida

Wake Forest 

As far as me having an issue with coach K? His teams consistently choke more than any squad come march. At this rate, Roy might get his 5th before coach K does.

comic sans would have been a better choice... font changes are even worse than those with their own damn color. smh.

comic sans would have been a better choice... font changes are even worse than those with their own damn color. smh.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Is Rubio definitely coming for 11-12 or what?

Supposedly right now only Kahn knows whether or not he has signed.... they're not letting anybody know until Rubio's spanish team is done playing because he doesn't want to come off as disloyal to that team.

All of this is just whatever.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Is Rubio definitely coming for 11-12 or what?

Supposedly right now only Kahn knows whether or not he has signed.... they're not letting anybody know until Rubio's spanish team is done playing because he doesn't want to come off as disloyal to that team.

All of this is just whatever.

if i were the cavs, i wouldn't draft kyrie #1. IDC what anyone says...dude missed more than half the year and isn't participating in workouts. just looks fishy to me. i'd pick williams #1 and kanter #2 and call it a day. let b diddy play out his contract and have sessions fill his spot. then work from there

if i were the cavs, i wouldn't draft kyrie #1. IDC what anyone says...dude missed more than half the year and isn't participating in workouts. just looks fishy to me. i'd pick williams #1 and kanter #2 and call it a day. let b diddy play out his contract and have sessions fill his spot. then work from there

But he isn't working out because he has nothing to prove. Why would you work out when you've been known as the undisputed #1 pick?

But he isn't working out because he has nothing to prove. Why would you work out when you've been known as the undisputed #1 pick?

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Dude isn't competing in combine workouts. He will still perform all his private workouts for teams. Teams will find out what they need to know. Y'all are making more of it than what it is. Top picks in the NFL skip combine drills all the time (just do measurements) and simply have their workouts tell the story and its a non issue. Same thing here. Hell, they skip the entire combine.

Dude isn't competing in combine workouts. He will still perform all his private workouts for teams. Teams will find out what they need to know. Y'all are making more of it than what it is. Top picks in the NFL skip combine drills all the time (just do measurements) and simply have their workouts tell the story and its a non issue. Same thing here. Hell, they skip the entire combine.

Originally Posted by dreClark

You right, but you can't feel good as a GM about it when the kid only played in 10 or so games that ever mattered.

Originally Posted by dreClark

You right, but you can't feel good as a GM about it when the kid only played in 10 or so games that ever mattered.

What will you find out in a combine, that you wouldn't find out ( + more ) in a private workout? You and I both know they get ran ragged in these workouts and put through all sorts of drills. If he shuts down his workouts (and not the 'I have a promise for the #1 pick) type %%$$, then I would be worried.

What will you find out in a combine, that you wouldn't find out ( + more ) in a private workout? You and I both know they get ran ragged in these workouts and put through all sorts of drills. If he shuts down his workouts (and not the 'I have a promise for the #1 pick) type %%$$, then I would be worried.

You guys also have to remember the agents control these players. It's not Kyrie saying he's scared and doesn't want to do any drills. It's his agent telling him he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing these things. All Kyrie has to do is show that he's healthy and interview and he'll be the top pick.

You guys also have to remember the agents control these players. It's not Kyrie saying he's scared and doesn't want to do any drills. It's his agent telling him he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing these things. All Kyrie has to do is show that he's healthy and interview and he'll be the top pick.

Can you get this Duke NBA players $+!$ out of this thread damn. Writing essays and $+!$.

Back
Top Bottom