NBA Draft Thread 2011

Can you get this Duke NBA players $+!$ out of this thread damn. Writing essays and $+!$.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Can you get this Duke NBA players $+!$ out of this thread damn. Writing essays and $+!$.
laugh.gif

It's completely relevant to the thread though, no one is forcing you to read anything. I'm waiting for your rebuttal SmoothBalla

It's completely relevant to the thread though, no one is forcing you to read anything. I'm waiting for your rebuttal SmoothBalla

quik1987 wrote:
Doggie, what part of ever do you not understand. As in forever, as in all-time.

Name me a Duke player other than Grant Hill and Elton Brand (who's careers both burned out due to injury) who has been the face of a franchise, or contributed to win a title.

Outside of Hill, Brand, Jay Williams.. none of those players were drafted with the expectation of being the face of the franchise.  And I guess it’s Duke’s fault that those players didn’t end up on championship caliber teams.

I’ve stated this before... you realize it’s been the same 7 teams winning the title over the past 20 years.

Boston Celtics: Ray Allen (UConn), Kevin Garnett (High School), Paul Pierce (Kansas)

Chicago Bulls: Michael Jordan (UNC), Scottie Pippen (Central Arkansas), Dennis Rodman (Southeastern Oklahoma State)

Detroit Pistons: Chauncey Billups (Colorado), Rip Hamilton (UConn)

Houston Rockets: Hakeem Olajuwon (Houston)

Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe Bryant (High School), Pau Gasol (International), Shaquille O'Neal (LSU)

Miami Heat: Shaquille O'Neal (LSU) & Dwyane Wade (Marquette)

San Antonio Spurs: Tim Duncan (Wake Forest), Manu Ginobli (International), Tony Parker (International), David Robinson (Navy)

Finals MVPs: Chauncey Billups, Kobe Bryant (x2), Tim Duncan (x3), Michael Jordan (x6), Shaquille O'Neal (x3), Hakeen Olajuwon (x2), Tony Parker, Paul Pierce, Dwyane Wade

Using that logic, Colorado is considered a pipeline to the NBA because Chauncey Billups came out of there.  Might as well include Central Arkansas, Navy, and Southeastern Oklahoma State.  Just because these schools have produced 1 champion doesn’t make them a basketball factory.  Even a garbage can gets a steak.

quik1987 wrote:
Doggie, what part of ever do you not understand. As in forever, as in all-time.

Name me a Duke player other than Grant Hill and Elton Brand (who's careers both burned out due to injury) who has been the face of a franchise, or contributed to win a title.

Outside of Hill, Brand, Jay Williams.. none of those players were drafted with the expectation of being the face of the franchise.  And I guess it’s Duke’s fault that those players didn’t end up on championship caliber teams.

I’ve stated this before... you realize it’s been the same 7 teams winning the title over the past 20 years.

Boston Celtics: Ray Allen (UConn), Kevin Garnett (High School), Paul Pierce (Kansas)

Chicago Bulls: Michael Jordan (UNC), Scottie Pippen (Central Arkansas), Dennis Rodman (Southeastern Oklahoma State)

Detroit Pistons: Chauncey Billups (Colorado), Rip Hamilton (UConn)

Houston Rockets: Hakeem Olajuwon (Houston)

Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe Bryant (High School), Pau Gasol (International), Shaquille O'Neal (LSU)

Miami Heat: Shaquille O'Neal (LSU) & Dwyane Wade (Marquette)

San Antonio Spurs: Tim Duncan (Wake Forest), Manu Ginobli (International), Tony Parker (International), David Robinson (Navy)

Finals MVPs: Chauncey Billups, Kobe Bryant (x2), Tim Duncan (x3), Michael Jordan (x6), Shaquille O'Neal (x3), Hakeen Olajuwon (x2), Tony Parker, Paul Pierce, Dwyane Wade

Using that logic, Colorado is considered a pipeline to the NBA because Chauncey Billups came out of there.  Might as well include Central Arkansas, Navy, and Southeastern Oklahoma State.  Just because these schools have produced 1 champion doesn’t make them a basketball factory.  Even a garbage can gets a steak.

is tit just me or is the font looking real weird right baout now. Back to the bball talk. Red somewhere that te Knicks would take a look at Jimmer if he somehow falls to 17.

Thoughts?

is tit just me or is the font looking real weird right baout now. Back to the bball talk. Red somewhere that te Knicks would take a look at Jimmer if he somehow falls to 17.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by SmoothBalla

I think you might be overvaluing Arizona and UConn (really only Jesus, Rudy Gay, Rip, BG, Caron, Cliff Robinson, Okafor, Villanueva, and Donyell Marshall) though.

roll.gif

UConn
Ray Allen - NBA Champion (2008), 10× NBA All-Star (2000–2002, 2004–2009, 2011), All-NBA Second Team (2005), All-NBA Third Team (2001)
Richard Hamilton - NBA Champion (2004), 3× NBA All-Star (2006–2008)
Emeka Okafor - NBA Rookie of the Year (2005)
Ben Gordon - NBA Sixth Man of the Year (2005)
Caron Butler - 2× NBA All-Star (2007–2008)

Arizona
Damon Stoudamire - NBA Rookie of the Year (1996)
Jason Terry - NBA Sixth Man of the Year (2009)
Gilbert Arenas - 3× NBA All-Star (2005–2007), All-NBA Second Team (2007), 2× All-NBA Third Team (2005–2006)
Andre Iguodala - NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2011)
Mike Bibby
Richard Jefferson

But you aren't overvaluing Duke?

Originally Posted by SmoothBalla

I think you might be overvaluing Arizona and UConn (really only Jesus, Rudy Gay, Rip, BG, Caron, Cliff Robinson, Okafor, Villanueva, and Donyell Marshall) though.

roll.gif

UConn
Ray Allen - NBA Champion (2008), 10× NBA All-Star (2000–2002, 2004–2009, 2011), All-NBA Second Team (2005), All-NBA Third Team (2001)

Arizona
Damon Stoudamire - NBA Rookie of the Year (1996)
Jason Terry - NBA Sixth Man of the Year (2009)
Gilbert Arenas - 3× NBA All-Star (2005–2007), All-NBA Second Team (2007), 2× All-NBA Third Team (2005–2006)
Andre Iguodala - NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2011)
Mike Bibby
Richard Jefferson

quik1987 wrote:
SmoothBalla wrote:

So, you ignore my reply and focus on this?  And out of all that (my response to Kix)... this is what you single out?

That UConn squad is solid (But if we're talking all-time... I think UNC, GTown, and UCLA are better).  Just as Duke's is solid.  I appreciate college basketball and can admit when other programs have been successful.  You on the other hand haven't shown the ability to do that.

You're bringing up ROY awards and the Sixth Man award?  Really?  What... none of those players won the Sportsmanship award? 
laugh.gif

quik1987 wrote:
SmoothBalla wrote:

So, you ignore my reply and focus on this?  And out of all that (my response to Kix)... this is what you single out?

That UConn squad is solid (But if we're talking all-time... I think UNC, GTown, and UCLA are better).  Just as Duke's is solid.  I appreciate college basketball and can admit when other programs have been successful.  You on the other hand haven't shown the ability to do that.

You're bringing up ROY awards and the Sixth Man award?  Really?  What... none of those players won the Sportsmanship award? 
laugh.gif

You're bringing up ROY awards and the Sixth Man award? Really? What... none of those players won the Sportsmanship award? smiley: laugh

You're right, Rookie of the Year award and winning Sixth Man in your rookie year has no relevance to the draft thread and showing NBA readiness. What was I thinking?

Anyway I'm done, before more NTers start crying.

You're bringing up ROY awards and the Sixth Man award? Really? What... none of those players won the Sportsmanship award? smiley: laugh

You're right, Rookie of the Year award and winning Sixth Man in your rookie year has no relevance to the draft thread and showing NBA readiness. What was I thinking?

quik1987 wrote:

UConn isn't the only school to have rookies succeed and win ROY (Hill and Brand, Rose and Reke, Ewing and AI, MJ and VC), so I wouldn't use that to denigrate another program.  Just saying.

Shot you a PM.

quik1987 wrote:

UConn isn't the only school to have rookies succeed and win ROY (Hill and Brand, Rose and Reke, Ewing and AI, MJ and VC), so I wouldn't use that to denigrate another program.  Just saying.

Shot you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom