NBA fans get ready for the Los Angeles Royals..

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by dakid23

Bring them to Seattle

or Vegas  
pimp.gif

ill get a Las Vegas Tyreke Evans #13 jersey and season tix 

because i really miss a pro sports team

Anaheim's Honda Center is 30 miles from L.A.'s Staples Center. For those that live in L.A. (a very spread out city) 30 miles is nothing. 3 teams in the L.A. area is ridiculous and if the MaGoof's are trying to make money off this, they are idiots to go compete with 2 already established teams including one that has been competing for the championship every year.

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Anaheim's Honda Center is 30 miles from L.A.'s Staples Center. For those that live in L.A. (a very spread out city) 30 miles is nothing. 3 teams in the L.A. area is ridiculous and if the MaGoof's are trying to make money off this, they are idiots to go compete with 2 already established teams including one that has been competing for the championship every year.

They're capitalizing on the TV deal that's in place for them, which is 4x greater than the one they have right now in Sacramento. Plus, they hate the Lakers so when the day comes that the Kings are relevant again the feud between the two teams will have a buzz like it once did.

The downside to that is SoCal is Laker Country. So when the Kings' good players are up for FA they can bolt to the Lakers and not have to move...forever suppressing their franchise. And the same can happen with Blake and Eric Gordon...

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Babe Ruthless

I say just take the 12 best people from Sacramento and the Warriors and make the Bay Area Grizzlies.
pimp.gif
Nah, it would have to be "NorCal Hipsters"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Hipster Girls shake your %!+! 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

NHL dont care: Rangers, Islanders, Devils 
lol

Rangers/Islanders = NY

Devils = NJ

???

man why does LA get another team..?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i hate the NBA **** riding cities, jesus first seattle loses their team, NJ is gonna lose the nets
30t6p3b.gif
and LA gets ANOTHER team?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
If the fans attended the arena every night they wouldn't be losing their teams. Especially with the Nets. NJ isn't losing anything. They couldn't fill an arena with Nets fans even when they were going to the finals.

grin.gif

ever been to continental arena +!!! is run down and falling apart... after izod purchased it and made improvements it got slightly better, and when that happened the team was on its down fall.

This is pretty much a done deal, the Maloofs are just going through the motions so they're in compliance with the league and the city of Sacramento. They are making weekly visits to the Honda Center. They have already picked out their suite, which will be renovated for them. It's just a question of will they be known as the Los Angeles Royals or the Anaheim Royals.

Say what you will about Bron but is contraction that bad of an idea?
Clippers should disolve into the Lakers, Kings merge with GS and call them the Royals. and that would be just the beginning around the L.

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Those 30 miles are equivalent to 2 hours in traffic during rush hour, believe me, it's not that simple. 
Orange County can support it's own franchise, and some OC residents will tell you, they don't consider themselves part of LA. 

Angels and Ducks are greatly supported, otherwise, why would the Maloof's consider relocating there? 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Rangers/Islanders = NY

Devils = NJ

???

man why does LA get another team..?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i hate the NBA **** riding cities, jesus first seattle loses their team, NJ is gonna lose the nets
30t6p3b.gif
and LA gets ANOTHER team?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
If the fans attended the arena every night they wouldn't be losing their teams. Especially with the Nets. NJ isn't losing anything. They couldn't fill an arena with Nets fans even when they were going to the finals.
grin.gif

ever been to continental arena +!!! is run down and falling apart... after izod purchased it and made improvements it got slightly better, and when that happened the team was on its down fall.
I been there
sick.gif
laugh.gif
. Guess the former owner couldn't get NJ to fund improvements. The team sucking when it did get improved just shows the Nets don't have a loyal fanbase or that the fanbase is incredibly small.

NJ has never really been a basketball state imo. I mean you can go to a couple hoods, hs, and a college or two and find those with a passion for the game but the ppl overall nah. Throughout their whole history it's just been another place to play, NY's bastard lil brother. Their best attendance was probably when they had a superstar on their team decades ago or before the NBA was formed.

I haven't heard about the uproar of upset Nets fans mad the team is moving (on here or when I go to NJ) or maybe cuz it's moving to BK they've already got over it since it's not far away. I can understand Seattle's gripe and Sac fans since I remember how live their arena use to be but the NJ Nets? Nah.

Laker fan through and through, but I'd be lying to y'all if I said I wasn't geeked to know that a NBA team in coming to the honda center.......more live basketball for me to watch
pimp.gif

why are they changing their names to the royals? i know that they used that name before but thats like the wizards going back to the bullets

Originally Posted by you go boy

why are they changing their names to the royals? i know that they used that name before but thats like the wizards going back to the bullets

Because there's already a Kings team in Southern California 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Los-Angeles-Kings-ALT-3.jpg

laugh.gif
@ many SoCal/Laker fans believing this is a good idea and
roll.gif
 @"Los Angeleeeees" getting another basketball team, I don't care whether it's in OC or Anaheim, it's still close enough and doesn't make any sense.  Whatever tho, the rest of the country is laughing at ya'll cause at the END OF THE DAY you LA folk don't have a football team, keep rooting for the NoCal Raiders or the San Diego Chargers,
laugh.gif
lames

I think the best choice for them would have been to go down to San Jose. Everyone here is a Warrior/Laker fan, but SJ is a nice city and South Bay is the most populated part of the Bay Area. You would always have people showing up to games since you'd have Kings fans showing up as well as casual basketball fans who don't want to drive through 1 hour of traffic to watch a Warriors game. The Bay Area doesn't have traffic problems for most of the day, but between 5-8 @#$% is terrible on the 101/880/680 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

I'd imagine because there is already a sports franchise in Los Angeles named the Kings.

Back
Top Bottom